1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

See, I'll watch RDJ in a lot of other movies all day long, but I found him boring as Tony Stark even before the first IM movie was over. Every time I watch him I feel he's completely ad-libbing the entire performance, and not especially well - which is not a great credit to the writers at all. And again, I also still think Tony Stark is just a less interesting Bruce Wayne. ;)

I do hope the entire cast of MoS returns for any sequels, including Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe - they should employ the same type of flashbacks to further flesh out the past.

I wasn't a fan of Iron Man 3. The plot was filled with gigantic MAJOR holes, the whole villain thing was a mess (and the "surprise" was one of the biggest slaps-in-the-face ever in a comic film), and the actual character of Iron Man seemed like a slapsticky guest star that was a far cry from the armored Avenger of the previous films.

That being said... I enjoyed Man of Steel even less. At least with IM3, I got some enjoyment out of RDJ and the kid's interactions. There was honestly nothing that brought me joy from MOS. It was a depressing experience from start to finish... Something the Superman character should NEVER be. And the changes in 2 of the characters (Jonathan Kent and Superman) may have even been worse than Mandarin's treatment in IM3.

If MOS is the Superman of the "new generation"... I want no part of it. That isn't Superman. That is just another dark character with gloomy emotions and a seemingly low regard for life... Kinda like the characters that forced him into self-imposed exile in Kingdom Come.

That is just my opinion though. If ya dig those 2 flicks, more power to ya! :)

I agree that if you don't like RDJ as Iron Man, then you aren't gonna like Iron Man movies. And of course Stark < Wayne. Wayne/Batman is the greatest comic character of all times.

That isn't Superman. That is just another dark character with gloomy emotions and a seemingly low regard for life... Kinda like the characters that forced him into self-imposed exile in Kingdom Come.
From a Chris Nolan perspective, this Superman was as much a ray of happy sunshine as you are ever going to see! :lol

The only truly Happy Superman I've ever seen has been Christopher Reeve's portrayal. He's certainly nothing similar in any of the animated incarnations I've seen. I couldn't watch the TV Superman stuff, so maybe he was all Mary Poppins in that, don't know. ;)

Anyway, great comments by everyone - I can definitely see your perspectives, it's just that I wasn't bothered by the same things. necessarily. I'm also a Trek fan, and to put things into perspective, I enjoyed MoS much more than I did the last Trek movie. At least 3 to 1. Also quite liked WWZ which I saw last night - and I know opinions on that one are also very mixed.

Alright that's a little too far

:)

Okay, maybe it was... I just have a longer affinity for Superman than Iron Man, so the revisions there got under my skin more I think.

Sallah

Hot Toys Superman repaint announced. Superman III "Evil Version" - as a fair exclusive. Total pass for me, but I know at least one person in this thread that's likely to snap it up. ;)

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=187

Only found out about this an hour or so ago through ebay.

Mixed emotions really.

The head sculpt although still not perfect works alot better imo as evil superman.
Dissapointed in hot toys again for re releasing a slightly different figure with the same head sculpt.
Not the first time and shouldn't be surprised by now.
They could have really made an amazing figure but they just took the easy option and didn't do a great job.
The head is ok, but so many great expressions they could have gone with to make it an "exclusive"
Elvis and silentsurfers beat this hands down.
Ski's paint up of sosas smiling supes head is still my favourite.

Demented superman love it:)

The outfit is not really that dirty compared to the movie.
Sebs wins the prize for best weathering but no surprise there either.

If I could take skis demented head put it on sebs body and have surfers torn up flag I'd have a near perfect superman.
What a picture:)
The base is really nice but has nothing to do with the scene:)
It should have some ripped up tyres and car parts.

Anyway still gunna finnish mine eventually once I get some boots and trunks.
Might have a pair of boots sorted but if username wants to sell me his loose figure I can stop whinning:)

Might have a pair of boots sorted but if username wants to sell me his loose figure I can stop whining:)

Lol.
If i sold you one of my loose ones, i wouldn't have enough Superman on my shelf...
:rotfl

IMG_4093.jpg~original

I love you base with the flying pose! Fantastic! :hi5:

I love you base with the flying pose! Fantastic! :hi5:

Thanks!
It's just an alu pole filled with resin(To allow the screw to have something to bite on), drilled and threaded to turn the HT waist grabber 90 degrees so it's facing upwards. The base is a custom creation i will be casting and selling eventually.
The pole can be any height, but i left it at waist height of a normal HT figure.

Supermancollection0.jpg~original

IMG_4226.jpg~original

IMG_4221.jpg~original

IMG_4130.jpg~original

IMG_4088.jpg~original

IMG_3860.jpg~original

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGFzxGmFXDA&feature=share&list=UUghSH7oEVzV0esSVhGQgQSg[/ame]

You'd think, Username was a Superman fan or something.

Looks great with the box behind and all white.
Great pic!
Beats my set up.

IMG_4093.jpg~original

That Reeves in that flying pose actually looks pretty good, almost too good. Looks too natural and fluid...

That's brilliant. I had to send that to my Brother. He will love that.

You'd think, Username was a Superman fan or something.

Haha. Just ever so slightly.

That Reeve in that flying pose actually looks pretty good, almost too good. Looks too natural and fluid...

How can it look *too* good? :lol
But it does have an air of reality that not every character can attain.
I think we can all agree the Reeve figure is a class above most.

Back