RIP Roger Corman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that just sucks. I guess he’s known producing a lot of shlock and for helping start so many famous careers but he actually made a few decent films back in the day. His 60s Edgar Allen Poe adaptations especially Fall Of The House Of Usher, Pit And The Pendulum and Masque Of The Red Death all with Vincent Price are incredible. What an epic career. RIP.

Just watched "Pit and the Pendulum" yesterday- funny how that happens!
"Space Raiders", " Battle Beyond The Stars" & "Death Race 2000" are still fun watches

Just watched .... " Battle Beyond The Stars"
I hope he wasn't watching Rebel Moon. when it happened.
Or Venom's blatant repurposing Little Shop of Horrors (will always be my favorite)
Though I imagine he had a great sense of humor about it all.
Respect for the B-movie side, RIP creative shlock, independent renegade.

Last edited:
I have absolute respect for this man, who I didn't pay much attention to until recently. While his greatest contribution to film was the careers he propelled (Scorsese, Coppola, James Cameron, Ron Howard, Joe Dante, Jack Nicholson, Peter Fonda, Bruce Dern, Dick Miller of course), and he made some pretty damn good films including the tremendous Bucket of Blood, his philosophy toward his work is something that really resonates with me personally. He was always very practically minded, and treated his work as the business that it was. No genre or approach was off the table if it had the prospect to make a profit, no set couldn't be re-purposed, and no timetable was unrealistic. I think he shot Little Shop of Horrors in about 2 days. In that sense, I feel there are a lot of parallels between both he and the great Steve Albini who also died last week.

I just caught the news. His films have a fond place in my memories. I'll always remember watching Corman pictures just knowing that somehow Dick Miller would find a way onto camera.

Back