S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we will see. I'm most likely keeping both (SHF Vader was never going anywhere) but I am probably not doing anything further with Mafex after Vader.

I just wanted to get something that really has the presence of Vader when displayed with other figures. Other than that I've not been impressed with anything else Mafex has shown. Their trooper looks AWEFUL.

Mafex is really a mixed bag for me. I really wanted to get the Batman but heard not good things. I have Spiderman and he's cool, but has loose shoulder and knee joints. I like how the Vader looks but who knows what issues might pop up.

Yeah, we will see. I'm most likely keeping both (SHF Vader was never going anywhere) but I am probably not doing anything further with Mafex after Vader.

I just wanted to get something that really has the presence of Vader when displayed with other figures. Other than that I've not been impressed with anything else Mafex has shown. Their trooper looks AWEFUL.

Did you see my youtube link to the review? IMO I like that the cloth cape on Vader is posable with a wire but the Mafex arms :thud: but I like the saber on Mafex and you can connect the hilt to the belt, but there you go again with the chest plate being too large. It's like a puzzle, there are good parts, but more noticeable bad parts.

In case anyone missed the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V24HQqeGvew

I watched the video, but at the end of the day none of the releases so far have been spot on. I just take them with a grain of salt and get them both. They are just action figures after all.

Would some one be able to take the good parts from the Figuarts Vader to make the Mafex look better or no?

Mafex is really a mixed bag for me. I really wanted to get the Batman but heard not good things. I have Spiderman and he's cool, but has loose shoulder and knee joints. I like how the Vader looks but who knows what issues might pop up.

I heard bad things about batman too, but I recently got him and I think it's a great little figure.

I dont like Mafex, its much more expensive and hate box design. Shfiguarts box is simple and looks much better

Is there any other company, who has the license to star wars, that can make a perfect Darth Vader?

Hasbro - too chunky and bad mix of soft goods

S.H. Figuarts - under-scaled

Bandai Model Kit - no hope in buying that outside japan

Mafex - mixed feelings

I dont like Mafex, its much more expensive and hate box design. Shfiguarts box is simple and looks much better

I would say figures is the more expensive in this case, which isn't an issue as its just a matter of $10-15. The Mafex vader is my ONLY dip into the medicom figures to satisfy my own curiosity.

It's already sold out at $85 bucks.

I'll be paying $97.91 for 2 =) phasma.jpg

I'll be paying about 92.00 for two delivered! Glad I got them right away. That's quite a mark up.

I just got myself 2 different types of proper fabric to make Maul's robe, I think they convey the 2 different patterns used in his robe pretty decently, now just to figure out the patter and the rest should be easy.

latest

I just got myself 2 different types of proper fabric to make Maul's robe, I think they convey the 2 different patterns used in his robe pretty decently, now just to figure out the patter and the rest should be easy.

latest

Like to see what you come up with :wave

Back