Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sabine got a nice rump

IMG_9535.jpeg

For one thing, lined up like that, especially with a couple of preteens in front, and the complete lack of anyone who looks like they are capable of being serious except Carrie Anne Moss, this looks like a a lineup for a neighborhood sitcom.
With songs and dancing.:bunnydanc:stake

Jimmy Fallon Singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Besides the obvious edited out demographic in the cast. Which is just plain weird. Where is Werner Herzog when you need him.

Same effect as the "girl power" moment in IW. Probably why I keep feeling this feels "current MCU" crossed with Ahsoka.

But's it's all A-OK😁. I've been rewatching Andor. They can't take that away.:viking

Andor is a show that probably doesn't appeal to pre-teens so we'll see if this "modern" approach gets its views and opens wallets instead of a lot of pegwarmer toys that add to the plastic pollution. Myself, I'm waiting for the Sideshow Obi 1/4 scale and hopefully some figs/statues from Andor $$$$

Star Wars Nba GIF by Utah Jazz

Kinda looks the cast of a bad CW show but then again, they might wow us with their perfomances and the direction may make them look less.... producty? (Can't think of a good word for it). It definitely does look to lack some gravitas in the cast but perhaps one of them young ones might surprise us.

I expect absolute trash but do hope it turns out good.

For one thing, lined up like that, especially with a couple of preteens in front, and the complete lack of anyone who looks like they are capable of being serious except Carrie Anne Moss, this looks like a a lineup for a neighborhood sitcom.
Sorry, still not getting it. What is it about this cast lined up at a promotional event makes you assume they lack whatever it is they appear to lack? It’s just a photo of smiling actors on a red carpet, like every other movie premiere ever.

Jimmy Fallon Singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Besides the obvious edited out demographic in the cast. Which is just plain weird. Where is Werner Herzog when you need him.

Same effect as the "girl power" moment in IW. Probably why I keep feeling this feels "current MCU" crossed with Ahsoka.

But's it's all A-OK😁. I've been rewatching Andor. They can't take that away.:viking

Andor is a show that probably doesn't appeal to pre-teens so we'll see if this "modern" approach gets its views and opens wallets instead of a lot of pegwarmer toys that add to the plastic pollution. Myself, I'm waiting for the Sideshow Obi 1/4 scale and hopefully some figs/statues from Andor $$$$

Star Wars Nba GIF by Utah Jazz
Like episode 1, 2 and 3?

Sorry, still not getting it. What is it about this cast lined up at a promotional event makes you assume they lack whatever it is they appear to lack? It’s just a photo of smiling actors on a red carpet, like every other movie premiere ever.

Episodes 1-6 had "anchor point" actors like Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid, Alec Guinness, SLJ, etc. While it may not be an absolute formula for a production, it's an effective one, whether the older, more experienced actors serve as mentors or villains. At least for me, it messages:monkey3 the filmmaker is taking this seriously. You don't cast Peter Cushing for nothing. Or (James Bond) someone like Judi Dench.

Heck even Mandalorian had Werner Herzog; Andor has Andy Serkus, Fiona Shaw, Stellan Skarsgård. Also, if a character is depicted as "skilled and powerful" their age at least telegraphs it's a reasonable possibility as opposed to a Mary Sue.

Seeing a lineup (outside of the missing demographic) of maximum age of 40 - if that (hard to tell with all the Botox in Hollywood) to me sez - like some of the MCU offerings - targeting preteen/teen market. It's boring, like someone was checking demographic gotta be under 35 boxes, and "diverse". That's another IMO failing of this filmmakers' comments - too busy pontificating about the "new Star Wars direction" while failing to even consider what makes a story work? What purpose did those "old guys (or women)" serve? Why are they beloved, revered characters years later? Is this like Logan's Run or something, in these "ancient temples" does anyone over 30 and/or the wrong demographic gets invited to leave?
Throw Out GIF by SWR Kindernetz

But it's all A-OK, we're getting space ninjas and some nice landscapes. And laser whips!

guy whips GIF

Episodes 1-6 had "anchor point" actors like Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid, Alec Guinness, SLJ, etc. While it may not be an absolute formula for a production, it's an effective one, whether the older, more experienced actors serve as mentors or villains. At least for me, it messages:monkey3 the filmmaker is taking this seriously. You don't cast Peter Cushing for nothing. Or (James Bond) someone like Judi Dench.

Heck even Mandalorian had Werner Herzog; Andor has Andy Serkus, Fiona Shaw, Stellan Skarsgård. Also, if a character is depicted as "skilled and powerful" their age at least telegraphs it's a reasonable possibility as opposed to a Mary Sue.

Do you not think Carrie Anne Moss fill the "anchor point" role you are describing?

Do you not think Carrie Anne Moss fill the "anchor point" role you are describing?
Yes, possibly. Tho there are RUMORS she's offed early on, like the Client.

Based on the showrunner comments and media, mostly I think this is going to be about pushing the female lead/ninja to importance, somehow, sort of like Rey.

Which for me is a turn-off, because, in telling a story, you can't "force" anything on an audience. ("Secondary" characters run away with productions all the time and become scene stealers.)

But, not saying this is going to be absolute &^%%. I'm guessing it's watchable tho not memorable, or Disney would be at least putting up a second season for a sure-fire cash cow. I think it will be like MCU Eternals - have its moments, but overall not blow anyone away. I'd honestly be happy to be completely wrong. In SW world there's not much to look forward to, these days.

Yes, possibly. Tho there are RUMORS she's offed early on, like the Client.

Based on the showrunner comments and media, mostly I think this is going to be about pushing the female lead/ninja to importance, somehow, sort of like Rey.

Which for me is a turn-off, because, in telling a story, you can't "force" anything on an audience. ("Secondary" characters run away with productions all the time and become scene stealers.)

But, not saying this is going to be absolute &^%%. I'm guessing it's watchable tho not memorable, or Disney would be at least putting up a second season for a sure-fire cash cow. I think it will be like MCU Eternals - have its moments, but overall not blow anyone away. I'd honestly be happy to be completely wrong. In SW world there's not much to look forward to, these days.

But, nearly all the actors you previously mentioned were offed early on. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan ... I mean, that's the trope of the Hero's Journey. The mentor gets killed and the hero has to learn to carry on.

Back