Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which scenarios in ‘The Batman’ out of interest?
Penguin's thugs with machine guns shoot at Batman, Catwoman and Gordon. Batman gets hit in the head and goes down instantly. Catwoman looks at him and he appears unconscious lying on the floor. Within 30 seconds Batman miraculously regains consciousness, abandons them and legs it down the street to sit in his car and rev the engine. The super scary engine is so intense that it frightens the 6 blokes with fully automatic guns into running away.

Batman walks through gunfire in the hallway like RoboCop

Smashes his head off a steel bridge at what looks like 100mph and just gets up.

Tells a 20-year veteran police officer NOT to use his government-issued firearm in possible hostile territory.

Drives his Batmobile towards absolute carnage on the freeway and out of nowhere a nice little ramp drops into position for him. He rams Penguin off the road in a crash that would most likely have killed him then proceeds to walk slowly over to Penguin while a huge inferno consisting of civilians rages behind him. Then he lets the Penguin go.

I could go on but you get the idea. The movie is quite inconsistent at times and does some stupid stuff. It doesn't matter that these happen but why not the same scrutiny?

Because I'd like to believe that even as a young man Clark would have chosen to save a life (especially his father's) over protecting his secret. The fact that he chose to do so as a kid (with his classmates in the bus) demonstrated that, then he reverses course in this situation? Sure Jonathan counseled him to not reveal himself to the world, but (for me) it still doesn't track for his character. Also a pretty sh!tty move for a parent to put their child in that spot. :lol

We can see he hates that it happened. You are judging what a child would do after him doing what his father wanted for the last 10 years and he would have had to go against that programming in a matter of seconds. We can see he is torn and probably regrets it to a certain degree. The thing is Clark wasn't ready if he was found it, he wouldn't have been able to handle it. He struggles in his 30s.

Penguin's thugs with machine guns shoot at Batman, Catwoman and Gordon. Batman gets hit in the head and goes down instantly. Catwoman looks at him and he appears unconscious lying on the floor. Within 30 seconds Batman miraculously regains consciousness, abandons them and legs it down the street to sit in his car and rev the engine. The super scary engine is so intense that it frightens the 6 blokes with fully automatic guns into running away.

Batman walks through gunfire in the hallway like RoboCop

Smashes his head off a steel bridge at what looks like 100mph and just gets up.

Tells a 20-year veteran police officer NOT to use his government-issued firearm in possible hostile territory.

Drives his Batmobile towards absolute carnage on the freeway and out of nowhere a nice little ramp drops into position for him. He rams Penguin off the road in a crash that would most likely have killed him then proceeds to walk slowly over to Penguin while a huge inferno consisting of civilians rages behind him. Then he lets the Penguin go.

I could go on but you get the idea. The movie is quite inconsistent at times and does some stupid stuff. It doesn't matter that these happen but why not the same scrutiny?

I’ll give you the penguin crash should have killed him as that’s always irked me.

Re the invincibility it’s just suspension of disbelief. He has armour plating.

It’s Batman. Of course he’s going to tell ANYONE not to use guns.

I guess it’s given more allowance simply due to the quality of the filmmaking. MOS is iffy at best so it gets more scrutiny for obvious issues. Just a guess.

b9aaa2cf-1288-4613-8b5b-cdd3f03568cc_text.gif

...and he wouldn't let me save him.
b9aaa2cf-1288-4613-8b5b-cdd3f03568cc_text.gif

...and it was obvious I couldn't stop people from dying of old age when I was 9.

I’ll give you the penguin crash should have killed him as that’s always irked me.

Re the invincibility it’s just suspension of disbelief. He has armour plating.

It’s Batman. Of course he’s going to tell ANYONE not to use guns.

I guess it’s given more allowance simply due to the quality of the filmmaking. MOS is iffy at best so it gets more scrutiny for obvious issues. Just a guess.

He uses a gun as a weapon at the end. Like I said I don't care about that stuff in the Batman I just don't like the double standard.

MoS has iffy quality filmmaking? Can you elaborate?

He uses a gun as a weapon at the end. Like I said I don't care about that stuff in the Batman I just don't like the double standard.

MoS has iffy quality filmmaking? Can you elaborate?
What gun does he use a a weapon? He doesn’t kill anybody. He uses it to defend himself or knock them off balance. Superman literally brutally breaks a guys neck cause he was out of options. I think he’s quite literally the weakest Superman in media. Any other Superman would have quickly thought of a way past that scenario 😂. And don’t say Superman 2 cause yea I know he threw a guy down a cliff or whatever but come on that’s nothing compared to just brutally snapping a guys neck cause you don’t know what else to do. Makes him seem stupid and weak.

What gun does he use a a weapon? He doesn’t kill anybody. He uses it to defend himself or knock them off balance. Superman literally brutally breaks a guys neck cause he was out of options. I think he’s quite literally the weakest Superman in media. Any other Superman would have quickly thought of a way past that scenario 😂. And don’t say Superman 2 cause yea I know he threw a guy down a cliff or whatever but come on that’s nothing compared to just brutally snapping a guys neck cause you don’t know what else to do. Makes him seem stupid and weak.

About 27 seconds.
I'm not saying he doesn't use it to defend himself. He uses a gun.

Brutally breaks a guy's neck? As opposed to kindly breaking his neck?

So don't use the example where a completely depowered and helpless Zod is thrown to his demise with zero anguish from Superman compared to Cavill's deafening scream of absolute frustration with the scenario where he drops to his knees?

About 27 seconds.

8phqcm.gif

Yeah but it looks like the goon pulled the trigger.
I think that falls under the -let me "help" you kill your own man- maneuver. :lol
8phn0p.gif

Last edited:

About 27 seconds.

Brutally breaks a guy's neck? As opposed to kindly breaking his neck?

So don't use the example where a completely depowered and helpless Zod is thrown to his demise with zero anguish from Superman compared to Cavill's deafening scream of absolute frustration with the scenario where he drops to his knees?

That doesn’t make it any better. He’s Superman . He’s supposed to be a problem solver not an idiot. Imagine if Spider-Man just said screw it and broke doc ocks neck cause he saw know other way to save him or others. Yea so heroic

That doesn’t make it any better. He’s Superman . He’s supposed to be a problem solver not an idiot. Imagine if Spider-Man just said screw it and broke doc ocks neck cause he saw know other way to save him or others. Yea so heroic
Lack of options, being new to it all and absolutely hated doing it does make it better. Reeve had options, wasn't new to it all and didn't care. These aren't the same and one does mean more than the other.

I'm okay with Superman not knowing how to save the world perfectly in his first week too. Fortunately for Raimi Spider-Man Doc Ock sorted himself out.

Lack of options, being new to it all and absolutely hated doing it does make it better. Reeve had options, wasn't new to it all and didn't care. These aren't the same and one does mean more than the other.

I'm okay with Superman not knowing how to save the world perfectly in his first week too. Fortunately for Raimi Spider-Man Doc Ock sorted himself out.
So that means Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are overall smarter and better then I guess cause during there first weeks in the game they managed to stop there criminals and the villian would either die by his own hand and there would be little damage.
One was a teen by the way who can’t do half of what Superman does and one is just a man in a tight rodent suit 😂
Meanwhile mos supes destroyed half the city killing millions and breaks the kneck of his villain cause he didn’t know what to do and was too dumb to figure it out.

Also I find it hilarious that he drew the line at that family about to be killed by the lasers but destroying an entire city killing thousands while fighting zodd was no big deal. Kinda just let all those people get smashed by that huge building but lazer eyes is to far 😂.

I agree but I still think that falls under him using a gun.
Not really. He didn’t point the gun at him and pull the trigger. The guy was shooting his gun wildly and Batman redirected away from him and it hit the guy from afar.

You act as if he snatched it and started blasting dudes with it. I don’t even think he knows that it shot that guy

So that means Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are overall smarter and better then I guess cause during there first weeks in the game they managed to stop there criminals and the villian would either die by his own hand and there would be little damage.
One was a teen by the way who can’t do half of what Superman does and one is just a man in a tight rodent suit 😂
Meanwhile mos supes destroyed half the city killing millions and breaks the kneck of his villain cause he didn’t know what to do and was too dumb to figure it out.

Also I find it hilarious that he drew the line at that family about to be killed by the lasers but destroying an entire city killing thousands while fighting zodd was no big deal. Kinda just let all those people get smashed by that huge building but lazer eyes is to far 😂.
Are they not smarter than Superman? You are comparing not only different universes but also different characters. Plus their villains were capable of killing themselves, Zod isn't.

I suggest you watch MoS again if you're gonna argue about it and generalize everything into oblivion.

Not really. He didn’t point the gun at him and pull the trigger. The guy was shooting his gun wildly and Batman redirected away from him and it hit the guy from afar.

You act as if he snatched it and started blasting dudes with it. I don’t even think he knows that it shot that guy
I'm not acting anything of the sort. Your version makes Batman sound even less capable and could have possibly killed someone by not being being in control of what was happening.

Are they not smarter than Superman? You are comparing not only different universes but also different characters. Plus their villains were capable of killing themselves, Zod isn't.

I suggest you watch MoS again if you're gonna argue about it and generalize everything into oblivion.
Teen Spider-Man is smarter than a grown 33 yr old man? lol ok.So Superman gets a pass for destroying the city and killing a bad guy cause whst exactly? He’s new? And zod had to be killed to stop him? He couldn’t like knock him out? He had to kill him? Yikes. Not so heroic then. No I’m not gonna watch that movie again
. I rather watch something I like.

But yea we are comparing different universes because like … you literally did that in your quote with the Batman did you not? You said how come people give the Batman a pass. So please spare me that 😂

I'm not acting anything of the sort. Your version makes Batman sound even less capable and could have possibly killed someone by not being being in control of what was happening.
Dude was trying to save people and is one guy fighting a bunch or armed thugs while it’s flooding. And guess what? He did it! With zero casualties and didn’t brutally kill anyone. In the a last ditch effort he took adrenaline to save catwoman and just beat a guy but again he’s only a human. Still he managed to save everyone and not kill anyone like some dumb brute cause he was out of options 😂

Teen Spider-Man is smarter than a grown 33 yr old man? lol ok.So Superman gets a pass for destroying the city and killing a bad guy cause whst exactly? He’s new? And zod had to be killed to stop him? He couldn’t like knock him out? He had to kill him? Yikes. Not so heroic then. No I’m not gonna watch that movie again
. I rather watch something I like.

But yea we are comparing different universes because like … you literally did that in your quote with the Batman did you not? You said how come people give the Batman a pass. So please spare me that 😂

I was asking why they aren't critiqued in the same way.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back