The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been rewatching the series, starting with FIRST CLASS, then ORIGINS.

I don't think ORIGINS is as terrible as everyone says, but there is something off about it. There is some spectacular cinematography, Harry Gregson-Williams' score is top-notch and Liev Schreiber has some great chemistry with Jackman.

As inane as some of the character choices are, they more or less fit in with the previous trilogy. Yes, the Baraka/Weapon XI thing is ridiculous, but all of those fight scenes are pretty well choreographed. Some moments are so cheesy, they put a smile on my face so I forgive those.

At worst, it's a mediocre, middle of the road movie, and at best, it's harmless fun. Is it the definitive Wolverine origin on film? No. There's plenty of room for improvement. But I don't find it quite the abomination it's often seen as.

He wasn't killed off, he just wasn't seen after the boxing match

When victor confronts Wraith just before he kills him, he directly implies that he killed Blob. Of course they could always say he was just ****ing with him, and lied.

The films moving forward will likely ignore WO anyway, so he can come back. Preferrably with Kevin Durand reprising.

I've been rewatching the series, starting with FIRST CLASS, then ORIGINS.

I don't think ORIGINS is as terrible as everyone says, but there is something off about it. There is some spectacular cinematography, Harry Gregson-Williams' score is top-notch and Liev Schreiber has some great chemistry with Jackman.

As inane as some of the character choices are, they more or less fit in with the previous trilogy. Yes, the Baraka/Weapon XI thing is ridiculous, but all of those fight scenes are pretty well choreographed. Some moments are so cheesy, they put a smile on my face so I forgive those.

At worst, it's a mediocre, middle of the road movie, and at best, it's harmless fun. Is it the definitive Wolverine origin on film? No. There's plenty of room for improvement. But I don't find it quite the abomination it's often seen as.

I don't know. Driving me to commit murder and then offing myself doesn't seem like harmless fun. That movie is evil.

Just for fun

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA576VinXT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA576VinXT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I agree with Dr.Mirakle though, disapointing but not unwatchable

Last edited:
Back