Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good find.
Hmm I am right now toying with the idea of having two of these tables side by side and create a larger space for the MR MF and my X-Wings
Maybe someday crazy enough to recreate my Fav ROTJ scene with the MF and X-wings being inside the Death Star

Good find.
Hmm I am right now toying with the idea of having two of these tables side by side and create a larger space for the MR MF and my X-Wings
Maybe someday crazy enough to recreate my Fav ROTJ scene with the MF and X-wings being inside the Death Star

Wow that would look nice is the X-Wing in scale with the MF and do you have the room for it, that will be one bigass coffee table. :FREAK::rotfl

The X-Wing is the Kotobukiya/Finemolds kit and is close enough in scale though I have yet to figure out what the scale of the MR MF actually is. It would my my grail piece in the ultimate scene though I am doubtful I can pull it off but one has to dream :p Worse case I can put the MF in formation with two of these X-Wings and a small scale imperial ships pretending to be far far away
Man could you imagine what one can do with all that space for TDKR 1/6!!!!

Last edited:
that would be nice, I want to add a custom joker and maybe 2 face to my display, maybe them stealing the Tumbler and being stopped by Batman on the Batpod, canopy open and guns pointing. :gun

Another thing you could do also is cut a large but as thin as you can find 1/16" acrylic panel to lay p. top of the MDF. That also of you ever were thinking of printing or using a poster as the bottom yo just need to lay the sheet over and will keep it nice and flat.

The more I think about this poster idea the more I like it, even with most of it covered it will make a classy backdrop.:clap

Last edited:
I dont have the workspace nor the time to put a table like this together.. but I love it. ANyone care to make me one for a reasonable price?! I'm serious.

This one might be tight to outsource. Table has been discontinued for a number of years and is big so you have to look for it locally used! And used you have to decide for yourself if a unit you find is good enough of condition and acceptable for conversion. I have gonna through many to find acceptable compromise as these were cheap to start with so most have not been taken care of and have scratches. All that without even laying a finger on customizing it :p

Hi everyone. New to the boards.

Thanks to Ironed for the progress pictures and tips about what acrylic you used! I was able to find one of these coffee tables on craigslist in pretty good condition for $10.

Pretty much put everything together now. Been trying to finish the table quickly so I can get my Tumbler displayed dust free! Just need to add some lights now.

IMG_5646_zps46c1e279.jpg

IMG_5658_zpsda8f590a.jpg

Hope these pictures posted correctly.

Right now, it's just sitting in the corner of my computer room. My significant other has forbidden me from putting this in the living room.

Just tried posting some pictures of my table, but it got held for moderation. The perks of being a newbie :)

Hopefully the post will be approved soon.

Host it on imageshack or photobucket or some other hosting site and then paste the link jnstead. That way you get larger picture without the need to click into it and more capacity ;). Oh and you can link it elsewhere ;)

Ok he speaks the truth. His picture
IMG_5661_zpsf3cd3472.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the tumbler granas club ;)

Last edited:
oops I guess he wasn't ready to show it yet ... sorry if I misunderstood canonwars

No worries Geil. I accidentally screwed up the link to that particular picture while playing around with the settings. Sorry guys. I'm sure my post with the links will be approved shortly :)

Back