Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom angle is loose for now until I get the lights, the long pieces of angle will be fixed to the base, the shorter ends will be tacked into place so this can all be taken apart later if I want to.
77bf1c4fb5a0ae70901b2f505de3fed7.jpg

Last edited:
don't forget the weatherstrip on the top frame to close that gap underneath the glass to prevent dust from entering

don't forget the weatherstrip on the top frame to close that gap underneath the glass to prevent dust from entering

It's only a 2mm gap i will take a look and see what's available, there's a small black foam strip that you can peel and stick, and I can use it on the gap at the top of the plexiglass, your rite BLACK loves dust.:hi5:

It's only a 2mm gap i will take a look and see what's available, there's a small black foam strip that you can peel and stick, and I can use it on the gap at the top of the plexiglass, your rite BLACK loves dust.:hi5:

yup that's the stuff I got and it's black too so hardly visible....

i love this thread... gotta look for those now at home depot.. still have yet to get those light strips..

THANKS !!! Guys really happy with how it turned out, one step closer to freeing the Tumbler and BatPod from there boxes.:woo

come to think of it the chrome trim can act as a reflector fore the LED strips as well if installed on the inside the top frame..... its cheap enough but gotto try it out and see if any noticeable difference

come to think of it the chrome trim can act as a reflector fore the LED strips as well if installed on the inside the top frame..... its cheap enough but gotto try it out and see if any noticeable difference

YES it will be interesting to see how the light bounces around in this box, in my light package I got wire connectors for the corners, basically you cut the light strip then add this "connector" and you have what looks like 4" of wire between your strips, then I cam turn the lights down out or both, maybe a small fillet trim for inside the angle and shine down at a 45 :wacky

No lights yet but I have a few boxes to keep me BUSY!!! Man I thought putting them away was time consuming, but I must admit its nice to start fresh
e92d994990d1b60f151d271ff8ce9165.jpg
:thud:

Awesome pics guys, too bad I don't have the skill to do like your guys.... My still like how is was .

This one might be tight to outsource. Table has been discontinued for a number of years and is big so you have to look for it locally used! And used you have to decide for yourself if a unit you find is good enough of condition and acceptable for conversion. I have gonna through many to find acceptable compromise as these were cheap to start with so most have not been taken care of and have scratches. All that without even laying a finger on customizing it :p

If you get it cheap enough, dump the glass and get a new piece cut. It's not all that expensive.

The bottom angle is loose for now until I get the lights, the long pieces of angle will be fixed to the base, the shorter ends will be tacked into place so this can all be taken apart later if I want to.
77bf1c4fb5a0ae70901b2f505de3fed7.jpg

I really really like the silver around this. It adds a very nice contrast to the black. Very slick looking.

Back