Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get it cheap enough, dump the glass and get a new piece cut. It's not all that expensive.

Actually I considered that but for a piece this size and tempered and this thickness it will be well over $100. I made a custom glass table for a friend and the glass I chose at the time was thinner and it was I think already over $100

Resistance is Futile
:borg

Actually I considered that but for a piece this size and tempered and this thickness it will be well over $100. I made a custom glass table for a friend and the glass I chose at the time was thinner and it was I think already over $100

Resistance is Futile

Yea, over here a tempered glass at this size would have cost more than the table cost. ;)

:)

Ok. Trying this again. Here is my table made with the tips posted by everyone here :)
picture.php

My significant other has said I can't put in in the living room...so it resides in my computer room.

But but but why?? Tell her you will get Selina on a batpod too. Don't tell me she has not watched TDKR. You gotto do prep work with the significant other jut like you prep for this table you gotto prep her to be open to this and more ;)

Resistance is Futile

OK got some lights today, but the other parts "line connectors" and "line extension" should be here tomorrow I hope.
f4456c2aab731559a505e27e75d96bc6.jpg
:impatient:

Both ends of the light strip and the connection for the remote are all male and can put together with the 4-pin adapter.
28fb4aea1ff0830f122593e23d58a3fb.jpg
:)

Had to play with them, can't cut the strips until I get the line connectors but you can get an idea of how much light you get.
59235ef122a4a07597147fa0c76ba26f.jpg

Wow :horror wish we had something like that over here :dunno …very cool. :yess:

I’m very excited to see how this will turn out. :blissy

:goodpost: :wave

ME TO!!! with the light source hidden under the angle like yours, I like the way the light has a hazed reflection in the aluminum you don't see the dots of light just light.:rock2:ccheerlea

nice nice :D
feels like Xmas time :D
hey FF you can grab it cheap on eBay w free shipping for $35!! check the dioder thread

hey FF you can grab it cheap on eBay w free shipping for $35!! check the dioder thread

I know Geil, but you are using another el. system over there,
and if something happen I’m pretty sure I get some serious problem with my insurance. :read

No, worry I’m happy as it is :D ...but it’s nice to see what other can come up with. :)

:wave

My Home Depot doesn't have the black version of the aluminum angle.

Iron what did you use to cut the aluminum?

Back