Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE!!! The black looks good without the paint very Professional, :clap

Thanks for the complements everyone. I have to give a big thanks to Ironed for his step by step photos. They were a lifesaver! Now I'm anxiously waiting to see your light setup!

Thanks for the complements everyone. I have to give a big thanks to Ironed for his step by step photos. They were a lifesaver! Now I'm anxiously waiting to see your light setup!

THANKS with support and ideas from Figurefreaks and Geil this has been a real journey to MOD this table and I wanted to take fellow freaks threw the learning curve with me step by step and Together we will see it develop into "GRANASPLAY" :viking :borg :acme :rotfl:lol:rotfl

I will cut the aluminum angle and pain them flat black like the frame today. I'm only going to use the aluminum angle on the bottom and not the sides. My glass panels are snug on the sides, but I might add insulation tape from the inside. Still have yet to do any lighting.

Granasplay :D
I think I really gotto get my act together and knish my table lol

Resistance is Futile
:borg

I will cut the aluminum angle and pain them flat black like the frame today. I'm only going to use the aluminum angle on the bottom and not the sides. My glass panels are snug on the sides, but I might add insulation tape from the inside. Still have yet to do any lighting.
I know that plexiglass fits nice @-44" I had to trim about 1/4" off mine so I could use the angle trim on the sides, but before I did that I was going to add a angle under the frame so the top of the plexiglass can be straight with the legs and fixed at a second point, just rite to fill that little gap and lots of room for the lights. :acme
:rotfl

picture of the mini grinder with zip cut. gonna go to another home depot tomorrow to see if they have the black angle so it will save me time with the painting.

:blissyGot my poster in today
80682ec4b0449376bfa83d4d4236af01.jpg
:yess:when I get the Tumbler out I can move the poster up or down 3"

Well got my first speed bump today was playing with the lights and I think the power adapter burnt out it was hot and then lights out the adapter went cool, like no power. Contacted the seller and he said he would put another one in mail tomorrow.
7d6db8f7a33abee86b1809df2b9bcb37.jpg

When I finish the plexiglass cover this would make a great Poster Table on its own.:rock2

LED's haven't arrived yet and I'm getting ancy.. might as well just use dioder. Going to start wiring today or tomorrow.

Dry fitted the glass panels
DSC_0003.jpg

I also received my shipment of acrylics today so will be working on my tables tomorrow :p

Back