Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting, QMX is making props from STID:
https://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-star-trek-into-darkness-prop-collectibles
Just how stellar are QMx’s Star Trek collectibles? So stellar that the Star Trek Into Darkness production team turned to QMx – specifically it’s QMxFX Cinema Arts props and model design/fabrication division – to create props on view in the film. Among the props: Starfleet phasers, the newly designed Starfleet class ring, Starfleet uniform badges and the History of Starflight model collection glimpsed in the office of Admiral Marcus. And, soon, QMx will make screen-authentic collectibles based on those props available to Trek fans.

Here are the product details, straight from QMx:
Starfleet Class Ring – A QMx-original design made especially for Star Trek Into Darkness, the ring will be available in both limited-edition sterling silver and open-edition metal alloy versions. The metal-alloy ring is expected to retail for $29.95 and will come in an industry-first black leatherette gift box with its own built-in LED lighting system that spotlights the face of the ring. It is expected to ship in Q2 2013.
QMXring1.jpg

Starfleet Phaser – QMx partnered with Hollywood propmaker Kenney’s Custom Props, LLC, which redesigned the familiar Starfleet phaser with updated finishes, servo spinner and working power dial. The stunt version of this pistol – which features a manual spinner that uses magnets to lock the barrel into position – will be available as part of an Amazon.com exclusive gift set that includes the 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack this Fall. The servo phaser will be available in 2014.
QMXphaser.jpg

Starfleet Division Badges – QMx is releasing each of the four Starfleet division badges (Command, Science, Engineering, Medical) worn by the crew of the Enterprise as 1:1 scale metal replicas. Those badges are shipping now.
QMXbadges.jpg

United Federation of Planets Flag – Screen-accurate replicas of the ceremonial flag seen in Star Trek Into Darkness will be released this summer and will be available for a limited time through ThinkGeek.com and QMxOnline.com. The flag is made of lightweight polyester and printed using the original digital files of the UFP logo from the film.
QMXflag.jpg

But more interesting to me is that QMX is also making ships from STID that appeared as props:

History of Starflight Model Collection – QMx FX Cinema Arts premier model-making center (where all of our Artisan ship models are constructed) made 14 filming miniatures that mark the history of flight, from the Wright Flyer to the Vengeance. Included in the lineup were many legacy Star Trek ship designs, including the NX-01, the U.S.S. Kelvin and the Ring Ship.

QMx will be releasing several of these models, some as Artisan filming miniatures and some as smaller-scale, value-priced replicas. Fans can expect to see the Vengeance in both prop and collector scale; the Kelvin in collector scale; and the Ring Ship in a very limited, prop-scale Comic-Con exclusive release. The company also plans to release a prop-scale version of the NX-01.

QMXship1.jpg

QMXship2.jpg

52be9b4489ffbc3e1239adc80e06db69720067d1.jpg

QMx CEO Andy Gore called it an “honor” to create props for Star Trek Into Darkness and, in a statement, detailed the goal of bringing to the public products of similar quality. “With the demands of modern filmmaking, a prop must look amazing even in close-up on an IMAX screen, which coincidentally is the same level of quality that discerning fans demand of their favorite collectibles,” Gore said. “In that respect, QMx was well prepared for this challenge.

“What really excited the team was the opportunity to create these props, make them look fantastic, and also engineer them so they could be manufactured in quantity with the same level quality,” he added. “That’s why we refer to our line of Star Trek Into Darkness collectibles as ‘screen-authentic,’ because fans will be getting exactly what they see in the theater.”

The Star Trek Into Darkness collectibles will be available at www.qmxonline.com and via QMx-authorized partners and re-sellers. Keep an eye on StarTrek.com for additional details about QMx products releases.

The Hot Wheels ships are starting to show up now:
$(KGrHqJHJFMFGNg9VPm4BRm-wudzFQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16FHJHIFFhbvHbVCBRm-7h6utg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJHIFFhff7jNEBRm-)d!GqQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3IvWBRm-4GR+7!~~60_57.JPG

More pictures on ebay and Amazon.
Looks like Wave one is exactly as Entertainment Earth says:
1x 2013 Movie Ship Trek ( Star Trek: Into Darkness)
1x USS Kelvin ( Star Trek)
1x USS Excelsior NCC 2000 ( Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)
1x Klingon Battle Cruiser ( Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Last edited:
They look cool - though I'm totally confused by the BoP. Why is it green? On-screen, and even in the Kre-O, it's gray. Huh. I'm also confused by the cases. Totally different than what was originally said. And I'll be bummed if the Narada and NX-01 aren't re-released. I was kind of counting on that.

Also, about the JJPrise... I can't believe they aren't going to release that again! It was hard to find back then, it commands pretty high prices on the secondary market, and it's the main ship of the film! I hope some of those show up in wave 2. Or maybe they are releasing two waves at once.

Here's a pic of the Vengeance:
41Rm6ylp1xL._SX385_.jpg

They look cool - though I'm totally confused by the BoP. Why is it green? On-screen, and even in the Kre-O, it's gray. Huh. I'm also confused by the cases. Totally different than what was originally said. And I'll be bummed if the Narada and NX-01 aren't re-released. I was kind of counting on that.

Also, about the JJPrise... I can't believe they aren't going to release that again! It was hard to find back then, it commands pretty high prices on the secondary market, and it's the main ship of the film! I hope some of those show up in wave 2. Or maybe they are releasing two waves at once.

Here's a pic of the Vengeance:
41Rm6ylp1xL._SX385_.jpg

The top is gray:
Hot+Wheels+Star+Trek+D4+Klingon+Bird+of+Prey+%25282%2529.jpg

I haven't seen STID so I have no idea if the color is correct.
I also missed out on both the JJPrise as well as the Narada and all the "Seen It" ships so I'm also hoping they re-release them.
I just recently got the battle damaged Enterprise A refit from Hot Wheels earlier releases, easily the worse of the HW ships I've bought. Why make the center of the engineering section metal and not the weakest parts the neck and pylons from metal? The whole ship is misaligned.

Here's a pic of the ship in the movie. Very gray. I actually think it might have been better to have some color since the whole background is pretty gray too.

Star+Trek+Into+Darkness+trailer+2+fighters.jpg

I actually just sent a message to Hot Wheels customer service on the off chance they can actually give me a good answer about what's going on with the case pack-outs. :)

I liked the HW ships okay, but they made some VERY odd choices about where to use diecast and where not to use diecast. It really affected the overall look in areas, too, when there was a color mis-match.

In package pic of the Vengeance here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
ScreamingE , you mentioned Entertainment Earth has the first wave case list? I couldn't find it, please confirm.

Did you subscribe to Eaglemoss? I was wondering if I should subscribe for the Star Trek line, that's allot of $$$. I could swing it if it were one ship a month for $20, but two a month plus the binders...?

ScreamingE , you mentioned Entertainment Earth has the first wave case list? I couldn't find it, please confirm.

Did you subscribe to Eaglemoss? I was wondering if I should subscribe for the Star Trek line, that's allot of $$$. I could swing it if it were one ship a month for $20, but two a month plus the binders...?

I haven't subscribed yet. I need to wait until I'm finished with my Sideshow flexpays to commit to the subscription, but I'm fairly certain I will subscribe. If you go to the Eaglemoss subscription page, you see that you can opt-out of paying for binders and Specials:
  • As a subscriber you will automatically receive binders as they come available at $14.00 each every 16 issues.
    Tick here if you DO NOT Wish to receive them.
  • From time to time, Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection may publish specials issues. As a subscriber, I will automatically receive them at a discounted price. Please tick here if you do not want these.
Also, Diamond Comics Distributors will be carrying the Eaglmoss ships so you can reserve a specific issue or every issue through your local comicbook store.

Thanks, added it above.

After Playmates failed with their 2009 line of 3 3/4" Trek figures, it's not surprising that Hasbro feared the same fate with a competing 3 3/4" action figure line and went with the kid-friendly Kreos. I think Hasbro really learned when they got burned big time on the Indiana Jones figures.

Perhaps one day a company such as NECA will get the license to give us some fantastic sculpts. Fact is most kids today just aren't interested in the same kinds of toys we grew up with. Superheroes sell, but sci-fi toys for kids just aren't as popular as they once were.

The Kre-O collection so far! I have a case of the individually packed Kreons coming tomorrow from BBTS! I am really liking these. I've managed to avoid buying LEGO and other brick sets as an adult. But I got hooked on these. I'm having a blast with them. I really like the light-up features. And they are nicely affordable compared to LEGO, even though LEGO will probably always be the best bricks around.

8786174895_a3f3f50506_c.jpg

One of the ships there is a custom build I did of the cargo ship that Harrison and Spock fight on. It's the first time I've tried to look at something and turn it into brick form. Since I don't collect LEGO, I bought an Old Republic Star Wars fighter from LEGO to use for the pieces. So I had to really think it through as I was pretty limited on pieces. I was really happy with the way it turned out! :)

8786175613_8efc981ed6_c.jpg

8796753550_e2c00d26fe_c.jpg

I'm definitely going to pick these kre-o sets/pieces up. Thanks for sharing. Rainy day so I was taking some pics of my collection that's upstairs in my office. I'm glad that I made a 6" Chekov in red shirt already--- works out well.

Here's some more love for ST action figs-- wish they'd make more.

Here are some pics of the upcoming Eaglemoss collection. First up, the subscriber bonuses. Surprised at how huge the cube is!

379746_385303834909102_1586744041_n.jpg

And some more ships... can't wait for these...

602305_384855618287257_1638990415_n.jpg

Take a peak at Spenser's thread in the "Customs" section to see things like this... ...PS

Whoa check this out!
https://www.startrek.com/article/where-will-you-park-your-cloaked-klingon-bird-of-prey
OK, we’ve just come across what we think is the coolest Star Trek product ever (or at least this week). Diamond Select, at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con, will offer a Comic-Con exclusive: a fully cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey, based on of the Diamond Select’s most recent electronic starships. The cloaked Bird of Prey is cast entirely in transparent plastic, with all of the electronics removed, making it nearly invisible. Simple and brilliant. Like the standard edition, the product measures 12 inches long, with a 19-inch wingspan, but it also features a transparent display base and translucent landing gear.

Diamond Select has limited production of the cloaked Bird of Prey to just 200 pieces, and it will be available only at the Diamond Select booth (#2607). So, be sure to visit the booth if you’ll be at Comic-Con, and remember where you parked!
birdofprey2.jpg

bridofprey1.jpg

birdofprey3.jpg

It's strange but I want this!

The fully cloaked BoP is actually really cool. I like it better than the decloaking one.

Back