Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree but in the interim I am happy with my customs :D

8732721803_6a576d7f24_b.jpg

Sweet customs!!!! Amazing job!!!

I believe Hasbro has the license and they have chosen to make Kre-O building sets with it :slap

It is a shame Hot Toys or Enterbay hasn't tried for this.

:exactly: I recall reading somewhere Star Trek isn't big in Asia. I could be mistaken but I figure that's the reason no love...

Where have you heard they can't sell them? Last I heard (from Eaglemoss) they were still trying to make it happen, and it seemed it wasn't that they couldn't sell them but that they are a non-US company without established distribution in place at the moment.

In fact, on May 9 they posted on Facebook (in response to someone else asking about US subscriptions):
Star Trek Starships: "Hi Mike, We will have some good news for you in the next couple of weeks."

So I wouldn't worry too much, yet.

I said "feeling" and "nothing concrete", not that I heard any reason why they can't sell them in the US.
If the issue is with distribution, then how do the Eaglemoss Marvel and DC comics models make it over here then? I do feel it's licensing that's the issue, but whatever the reason, I'm hoping they import their subscription service. Not that I would subscribe to get every one of them, but it'll make getting the certain ships I want easier.

Those are Spenser's work;Kirk and Spock v.2,McCoy v.1(no need for a second try)and his uniform sets.If you're REAL curious as to cost, check his thread in the "Customs" section.I have a set myself,though my Kirk has the season 2 green wrap tunic.Money well spent,and inspiration to work up my own props(command chair, weapons etc.)...PS

I've been seeing much love on other sites for Diamond's new line of Star Trek Select Figures. I have to ask why?

The Marvel Select line of figures are blessed with multiple points of articulation whereas Trek is not. True these new Trek figures come with bases but the entire package is designed to limit you to only a few poses and display options. The guys at Diamond are quite happy with themselves and these new offerings.

Again ... Why? Art Asylums original figures featured better likenesses and more articulation. I find it sad this company is proud to bring you less now. The Ships line is wonderful but they've lost their way with the figures. We already have companies offering us Trek statues ... We don't need Diamond doing more of the same.

Is Star Trek now so small you can't even have true "action figures" of your characters? It really came to this? Kreos and 'Stactions'? I could blame Paramount alone but why let Diamond and Hasbro off so easy?

If you happen to like the current offerings than great; at least someone has merchandise to hunt and reason to enjoy Trek. The current merchandising is so bleak to me I found myself excited about drink cups for Into Darkness from Chevron gas station until I saw how cheap the plastic was - graphics won't last.

You're better than this Trek.

I've been seeing much love on other sites for Diamond's new line of Star Trek Select Figures. I have to ask why?

The Marvel Select line of figures are blessed with multiple points of articulation whereas Trek is not. True these new Trek figures come with bases but the entire package is designed to limit you to only a few poses and display options. The guys at Diamond are quite happy with themselves and these new offerings.

Again ... Why? Art Asylums original figures featured better likenesses and more articulation. I find it sad this company is proud to bring you less now. The Ships line is wonderful but they've lost their way with the figures. We already have companies offering us Trek statues ... We don't need Diamond doing more of the same.

Is Star Trek now so small you can't even have true "action figures" of your characters? It really came to this? Kreos and 'Stactions'? I could blame Paramount alone but why let Diamond and Hasbro off so easy?

If you happen to like the current offerings than great; at least someone has merchandise to hunt and reason to enjoy Trek. The current merchandising is so bleak to me I found myself excited about drink cups for Into Darkness from Chevron gas station until I saw how cheap the plastic was - graphics won't last.

You're better than this Trek.

:goodpost::exactly::clap:thud:

I haven't seen a ton of love on the forums I haunt. Spock looks pretty cool but he has two sets of legs and a cool base which helps. The rest of them are pretty lacking. Kirk doesn't look great, they got rid of part of the diorama, and I don't think the poses he and Khan can hold look that great. And Picard looks really poor all around.

Those are Spenser's work;Kirk and Spock v.2,McCoy v.1(no need for a second try)and his uniform sets.If you're REAL curious as to cost, check his thread in the "Customs" section.I have a set myself,though my Kirk has the season 2 green wrap tunic.Money well spent,and inspiration to work up my own props(command chair, weapons etc.)...PS

Actually my Spenser sculpts are put on Nanjin's custom uniforms (which are no longer available).
Spenser does make some nice uniforms though, and he is a pleasure to deal with.

More great news !!! Eaglemoss ships will be available in the US either at your comic store or through subscription direct from the UK !!!!!

Subscription means you can get the exclusive freebies :panic:

They did not do this deal with the Batmobiles. Anyway here is the news I found via Toy News International:

Startrek.com reports that this fall, Eaglemoss Collections will release a new collection of more than 65 high-quality, die-cast model Star Trek ships. The ambitious, even unprecedented effort will include nine different versions of the Enterprise, an array of Romulan, Klingon, Dominion and Ferengi vessels, the rare Cardassian Hideki class, the Krenim Temporal Weapon and the Equinox, plus the fan favorite Akira class.

Each ship will measure nearly six inches long and will be based on the original CG models developed by the Star Trek visual effects team. Further, each model will have been exhaustively researched and painted with painstaking attention to detail.

Upon launch, Eaglemoss Collections will release a new model every two weeks. Each ship issued will be accompanied by a 20-page Collector’s Guide that will be illustrated with articles about the ship design process, as well as include renders of the original VFX models and details about the assorted shooting models.

The 65 Eaglemoss Collections Star Trek model ships will be available in the United States and the United Kingdom.

Subscription info can be found here: https://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

Where have you heard they can't sell them? Last I heard (from Eaglemoss) they were still trying to make it happen, and it seemed it wasn't that they couldn't sell them but that they are a non-US company without established distribution in place at the moment.

In fact, on May 9 they posted on Facebook (in response to someone else asking about US subscriptions):
Star Trek Starships: "Hi Mike, We will have some good news for you in the next couple of weeks."

So I wouldn't worry too much, yet.

I read on TNI that the eaglemoss Star Trek ships will be available in the US its official.

The site is live! US subs are available!
https://startrek-starships.com/

They have revealed the order for pretty almost the first year:

ISSUE 1
Enterprise NCC-1701-D
ISSUE 2
Enterprise NCC-1701 TMP
ISSUE 3
Klingon Bird-of-Prey
ISSUE 4
Enterprise NX-01
ISSUE 5
Romulan Warbird
ISSUE 6
U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
ISSUE 7
Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser
ISSUE 8
U.S.S. Excelsior
ISSUE 9
U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205
ISSUE 10
Borg Sphere
ISSUE 11
U.S.S. Reliant (Miranda class)
ISSUE 12
UAkira class
ISSUE 13
Jem'hadar cruiser
ISSUE 14
Cardassian Galor class
ISSUE 15
Equinox
ISSUE 16
Ferengi Marauder
ISSUE 17
Dauntless
ISSUE 18
Bajoran Solar Sailor
ISSUE 19
Stargazer
ISSUE 20
Klingon V'orcha class
ISSUE 21
Enterprise NCC-1701-E
ISSUE 22
Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship
ISSUE 23
Nebula class

Last edited:
The site is live! US subs are available!
https://startrek-starships.com/

They have revealed the order for pretty almost the first year:

ISSUE 1
Enterprise NCC-1701-D
ISSUE 2
Enterprise NCC-1701 TMP
ISSUE 3
Klingon Bird-of-Prey
ISSUE 4
Enterprise NX-01
ISSUE 5
Romulan Warbird
ISSUE 6
U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656
ISSUE 7
Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser
ISSUE 8
U.S.S. Excelsior
ISSUE 9
U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205
ISSUE 10
Borg Sphere
ISSUE 11
U.S.S. Reliant (Miranda class)
ISSUE 12
UAkira class
ISSUE 13
Jem'hadar cruiser
ISSUE 14
Cardassian Galor class
ISSUE 15
Equinox
ISSUE 16
Ferengi Marauder
ISSUE 17
Dauntless
ISSUE 18
Bajoran Solar Sailor
ISSUE 19
Stargazer
ISSUE 20
Klingon V'orcha class
ISSUE 21
Enterprise NCC-1701-E
ISSUE 22
Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship
ISSUE 23
Nebula class

That's great news!
Thanks for the update JonWes!

Here is a trio of my customs - these are figures from nanjin, with some body customizations done to them. Some of my favorite figures.

IMG_2997.jpg

Back