Why No love for the H/K???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthjuan007

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know everybody loves the T-800 and the Endos, but nobody really talks about the H-k's. Even in the start of the first movie you see the H-k tank and the flying H-k. Can you imagine both H-k's barreling down on you. I haven't seen any for sale here or anywhere else. How rare are these??
hklmainlge.jpg

hunter_killer_-_20-inch_replica_1_s.jpg

I know everybody loves the T-800 and the Endos, but nobody really talks about the H-k's. Even in the start of the first movie you see the H-k tank and the flying H-k. Can you imagine both H-k's barreling down on you. I haven't seen any for sale here or anywhere else. How rare are these??
hklmainlge.jpg

hunter_killer_-_20-inch_replica_1_s.jpg

Here's the scoop on the T2 Tank :

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/hunterkillertank.html

As for the SS 20" HK it was limited to 500 with a $399 price tag, and has been sold out for quite awhile now. I can't ever recall seeing one for sale here and only rarely do they show up on Ebay. Luckily for me, SS found one in their warehouse about 6 weeks ago and posted it in their newsletter. I jumped on it and after cashing in about $300 worth of reward points I walked away with this beauty for about $100. It's an outstanding collectible and is one of the best packed pieces I can ever recall receiving from SS.
HunterKiller006.jpg

I knew about the SS Flying HK, but didn't like some of the lack of detail, like lights on the tail wings and the somewhat rounded ane soft look of the lines.

I also knew about the HC HK Tank, but I never noticed they have the same style base like they were sold as a set. What's with that? Same base deisgn, and exactly the same logo plate, but two different companies?

Anybody have an answer to that without pulling "could be's" and "maybe's" out of their butts?

Well the T-800/T-600 etc are the only ones that can feasibly be made in a scale most people want to collect. I don't need a little mini HK tank being towered over by my Hot Toys Endoskeleton! Although those do look nice.

I know everybody loves the T-800 and the Endos, but nobody really talks about the H-k's. Even in the start of the first movie you see the H-k tank and the flying H-k. Can you imagine both H-k's barreling down on you.
well, i think the HK's just look basically like big tanks and helicopters.
which are cool, but don't really convey much becaue they still look like something that people can drive/fly around in.
and the endos more elegantly personify the idea of a "war against the machines" because they're mechanical skeletons with red glowing eyes.

but, i think they're both pretty sweet and i'd rather watch a movie about those than watch arnold chase some waitress around in the 80s.

but, i think they're both pretty sweet and i'd rather watch a movie about those than watch arnold chase some waitress around in the 80s.

Wait it was a movie ? I thought it was a day in the life of Arnold Schwarzenneger!? :lol

I think most of the valid points have been made, plus they haven't really had any significant screen time in comparison to the Endo's, that design is iconic. Even the T-1000 hasn't been rendered as a collectable as often.

Just glad they haven't made anything with those crappy new HK designs they used in T3

Would love to see a Centurion finally get made, possibly a Silverfish as well.

Oh man! I read the title, why no love for the H/K, and I'm like: "I PITY the fool who don't Hello Kitty!"

I...uh...see I was wrong now. Different Hk. Nevermind... :rotfl

I was at Toys r Us today, and Playmates just released a small $23 Hunter-Killer vehicle for their Terminator: Salvation line. Granted, it's a toy, but it looks killer and is a great alternative for those on a budget. It's just as realistic as any of Hasbro's $20 "Starfighter Assortment" vehicles. The only thing it's missing is a light-up feature...but I'm sure there's more than a few customizers on this board who'd rip it open and rig it with lights.

I'll be picking one up next time I get paid hopefully.

I was at Toys r Us today, and Playmates just released a small $23 Hunter-Killer vehicle for their Terminator: Salvation line. Granted, it's a toy, but it looks killer and is a great alternative for those on a budget. It's just as realistic as any of Hasbro's $20 "Starfighter Assortment" vehicles. The only thing it's missing is a light-up feature...but I'm sure there's more than a few customizers on this board who'd rip it open and rig it with lights.

I'll be picking one up next time I get paid hopefully.

Please post some pics when you get it please :)

Are the Terminator Salvation HK's different than the ones from Terminator? What kind is this Playmates one?

Please post some pics when you get it please :)

Are the Terminator Salvation HK's different than the ones from Terminator? What kind is this Playmates one?

Yes, the SALVATION HK's are very different from the ones in TERMINATOR.

Here's a couple of shots of the Playmates HK...

vehicle_hunterkiller_main.jpg

terminatorfig5.jpg

Honestly, it looks close enough to me.

But I'm also considering $23 vs. God knows how much on the secondary market for the Sideshow piece.

The last (and only) time I've seen the flying HK from Sideshow was at Terminator 3D at Universal Studios in LA, September last year.
It was where they sell all the souvenirs and stuff, in a glass case. I think it was selling for around US$300. I almost bought it myself, but it would have been a pain trying to get it back to Australia.

I was just there. they still have it and the Hollywood Collectibles Tank, the Sideshow BD Endo skull and some other sorta rare stuff at the original Prices.

Back