Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkno

Stormtrooper
Reaction score
https://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-92-imperial-tie-fighter.aspx

From eFX Collectibles:

We are proud to announce the pre-order of our incredible TIE Fighter FX Model. The pre-order period is Monday, October 18, 2010 at 9AM, PDST through November 7, 2010, 11:59 PM PST. Once again, the edition size will be determined by the pre-order, but will not exceed 1000 pieces worldwide.

The price is US$999 plus shipping and Handling, California state sales tax, if applicable, and duties and taxed levied by the destination country, if are one of our international customers. There is a $350 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit required at the time you place your pre-order.

We will also offer a 4 payment lay-away plan.

Payment 1: $350 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit at pre-order

Payment 2: $225 when the TIE Fighter is in stock and ready to ship, anticipated Q1-2011

Payment 3: $225 approximately 30 days later

Payment 4: $199* approximately 30 days later *Plus shipping and Handling, California state sales tax, if applicable.

There will be a cancellation fee in addition to the NON-REFUNDABLE $350 deposit if you decide to cancel your order. Please see the Terms and Conditions for details of the cancellation fees.

tiepreordera.jpg

Last edited:
I will go for this one no doubt about it, hopefully there will be an European distributor to carry the superb TIE. I'd avoid shipping directly from US since customs taxes and shipping costs are huge plus the new VAT tax here which is 24% (in EU is still mostly 19%).

Saved this money for a very long time, even with my recent health problems I didn't touch the money for the TIE. So this replica will be mine, passed on too many things to let this go - and fits perfectly in my OT Imperials focus. ;)

Looks good. I hope my LCS is going to bring this one in.

Anything special like signature or custom base?

Looks good. I hope my LCS is going to bring this one in.

Anything special like signature or custom base?

Message from Bryan on Rebelscum:

Hi All

I would just like to tell everyone that we have no date at this time when the ESB version will be released. As many of you who went to Comic Con and Celebration V, we have a lot of new products on our plate. . . The ANH Vader, Luke Reveal, X-wing Pilot Helmet, etc.

Also, products plans are subject to change for any number of reasons.

The base will be a rectangular base so that you can purchase an acrylic cover.

Thanks!

Bryan

Nothing yet about a signature edition. But I don't mind since I consider making a custom plaque to be signed as I did for my MR AT-AT. ;)

I will be getting this no doubt about it. Cant wait to get this. Any idea when it will be released? Im glad that it is around $1000 and not more.

I'm very likely to get this. I passed on the X-Wing in favor of the TIE.
No signature edition this round which is just fine. Not every prop they do HAS to be signed by someone. Although I think I may do my own Lorne Peterson signature edition plaque on the side.

Nice , this piece will look great in your collection JK , easy pass for me , my dream was once a Falcon of Master Replicas , but , i hope have a chance with the Finemolds !!!

I think they are asking too much for this. It should at least include a case and shipping for $1k.

Could I trouble you to get one done for me too :wave

I'll pay for it of course. :peace

We'll keep in touch. :wave I'll have to talk to PANTHER for plaques and then see who to be the signer, maybe Richard Bonehill or we'll see.

Nice , this piece will look great in your collection JK , easy pass for me , my dream was once a Falcon of Master Replicas , but , i hope have a chance with the Finemolds !!!

Indeed, it will fit my OT Imperials focus just fine, but I need to get the best way to buy it - an EU seller. I know what you mean about the Falcon, I was in the same boat with the MR AT-AT, which I wanted for years, and missed it many times, since buying it from overseas would have costed me a fortune. But I saved money, and didn't buy anything else until I got enough to buy my walker. And then I was a happy man :D

New info from Bryan at eFX on Rebelscum:

Obviously we do not have the final dimensions and weight of the master cartons yet. As many of you know, we do extensive transportation tests on our shipping cartons. We actually put it on a vibration table for several hours to simulate the vibration in transportation. We also drop the product on all six sides plus the edge to make sure that there is no damage to the product. So, the results of all of these tests determine the final size and weight of the product.

The TIE will come with the wings unassembled. All you have to do is slide them on the aluminum x-bar and secure it with a bolt and then place the cover on to hide the bolt. And yes, we will supply the hex wrench to do this! (We use a hex wrench since we do not want anyone have anyone accidentally "slip" with either a slot or philips head screw driver and damage the wing!)

However, from ESTIMATES right now, the cost to ship from California to New York via FedEX Ground should be about $75. NOTE THAT THIS IS JUST AN ESTIMATE BASED ON OUR ANTICIPATED PACKAGING TODAY. ALSO, FEDEX REVIEWS THEIR COSTS EVERY 60 DAYS. SO THIS IS NOT THE FINAL COST OF SHIPPING.

Thanks!

Bryan

Last edited:
The colors. The ANH Tie is a light blue grey color. The Ties in ESB and ROTJ are a dark blue color.

Thanks. :wave

That's actually pretty interesting. I thought that the cooler colors of the ESB and ROTJ TIEs were more a result of color casting as a result of a lighting choice. Never occurred to me that there might be a practical difference.

Back