►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Display change:

Sideshow_Darth_Vader_lifesize_bust_62.jpg

Last edited:
Industrial Light & Magic - The Art of Special Effects book finally arrived, it took some time, but well worth the wait:

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_01.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_02.jpg

EFX Scout helmet arrived. Like I said before I wasn't expecting too much difference from what I've seen from collector's pics already.
The helmet is quite heavy, shiny and looks solid, coming with a nice COA, but is not as accurate as it could have been. The jaw flair and the big visor gap are the most prominent issues with this replica. My visor closes quite ok looking from sides, but looking from top it the gap is wider on one side than the other.

The visor itself has some accuracy problems as well. The snout is not that sharp, but was expecting to be softer so it is ok. The stand looks cheap, but seems reasonably steady and solid, still is definitely inferior to other EFX stands. Price is quite high for what you get in the end, especially for international collectors who weren't bribed by EFX with a free Vader helmet.

The overall appearance is ok, less accurate than RS Prop Masters and maybe even LoneWolf, and looks better than Altmanns, the other licensed high end Scout helmet. An ok replica, but inferior to previous EFX LE helmet replicas. It is not the worst Scout helmet out there, but definitely not the best.

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_22.jpg

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_24.jpg

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_27.jpg

Comparison EFX vs LoneWolf (LW) vs RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper Helmets:

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_02.jpg

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_06.jpg

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_10.jpg

Decided to ditch the EFX acrylic stand due to its weird creak noises it makes each time you touch it. The 2 back screws were not fully tightened in when I took the stand down, despite the fact that I did tighten them the first time I assembled the EFX stand. This is not a stand I would trust for a heavy fiberglass helmet, EFX really managed to make a weird helmet AND a weird stand, super-combo! I'm using an extra black wood stand I got years ago from 501st forum (these are so solid I could use for chairs), and for the plaque I too 2 back triangles from Philip Wise plaque stands and double taped them to the EFX plaque holder. The good thing is I managed to fit the helmet sides almost perfectly, this could also be due to the more sturdy wood stand.

Comparison_EFX_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet.jpg

Thanks to a good US friend "Industrial Light and Magic - Into the Digital Realm" book joined her sister "Industrial Light and Magic -The Art of Special Effects":

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_03.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_04.jpg

Book_Industrial_Light_Magic_set.jpg

Back