1/1 Lifesize Michael Jackson Thriller bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Here's a second I just did. Fixed the lips a bit and did the eyebrows better. Still need to finish the eyes and the hair a bit.

teaser.jpg

Damn i just seen this on ebay for almost $2000 and still climbing . Congrats brother , i hope you get a sheeeeet load more money for it

Thanks guys. This bust is far from perfect, but I think I'm getting there. Here's another bust I just did for someone. This one is going to be a torso display. Here's a quick comparison pic:

compfix.jpg

After this, I plan on doing a 1/1 Bruce Lee. Keep an eye out!

Thanks guys. This bust is far from perfect, but I think I'm getting there. Here's another bust I just did for someone. This one is going to be a torso display. Here's a quick comparison pic:

compfix.jpg

After this, I plan on doing a 1/1 Bruce Lee. Keep an eye out!

Amazing!!!! :clap:clap:clap

Wow, simply incredible work on this! You've really captured Michael from that time period PERFECTLY. If I was to critique it in any way it would be that one of the eyes seems to need slight adjusting (seems a bit off in positioning) Other than that, this is the perfect MJ sculpt.

amazing work here! :hi5:

Wow, simply incredible work on this! You've really captured Michael from that time period PERFECTLY. If I was to critique it in any way it would be that one of the eyes seems to need slight adjusting (seems a bit off in positioning) Other than that, this is the perfect MJ sculpt.

amazing work here! :hi5:

Which eye are you referring to? Honestly, there's alot of flaws on this bust that I now notice. Like my Terminator busts, I'll probably end up doing a "version 2" of this Michael with more accurate tweaks.

Thanks for the kind words and critique though. :)

Can I have this one then!? :pray:

The more I look at it, the more I focus on the issue being the right eye in relation to the eyelid. It seems just slightly off. I know that when I'm painting eyes, I will paint one eye perfectly and then when I paint the other, it throws the sculpt off. I think the left eye looks to be placed perfectly on your MJ. I really like the suggestion of having the eyes looking to the side as well (as somebody said earlier)

Like I said, this is simply an amazing piece though despite my small critique. I don't even own any 1:1 pieces and I want one of these!

fixedproto.jpg

Michael-Jackson-002.jpg

michael-michael-jackson-13945999-768-1024.jpg

I'm not sure if those pics help or not, I hope when I'm saying makes sense.

BTW- I just saw your Bruce Lee too! It is amazing too, you have got some serious talent. I wish you the biggest success in the 1:1 scene, I look forward to seeing what you do next. :hi5:

Man, looking at these pics from months ago just shows me how far I've gotten in my work.

Here are some new pics of an MJ build I just completed:

michael_jackson_lifesize_bust_mj_r_pic2_thriller__by_godaiking-d5aet1i.jpg

michael_jackson_lifesize_bust_mj_r_pic1_thriller__by_godaiking-d5aesyh.jpg

michael_jackson_lifesize_bust_mj_r_pic3_thriller__by_godaiking-d5aet3t.jpg

michael_jackson_lifesize_bust_mj_r_pic4_thriller__by_godaiking-d5aet7r.jpg

As you may tell, I've corrected the googly eye look he had going among a few other details. Not 100% but pretty close I think.

Back