1/6 DID D80162 Oberst i.G. Claus Von Stauffenberg (Operation Valkyrie, 1944) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=392913&extra=page=1
kakaluote said:
I believe that fans of World War II should have seen this movie, even the second and third. Although Tom Cruise and Stauffenberg are far apart in height, Tom Cruise made up for this shortcoming with acting skills, making it a A classic for World War II fans. All the players have been looking forward to it. After fourteen years, DID finally shuffled him. I couldn’t wait to get started yesterday. Due to time constraints, there is no set of travel clothes. I look forward to other players’ travel clothes.

Let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of this model. My personal opinion is for reference only: The advantage is that the head carving of this model is very good. It can be said that both the historical prototype and the head of Tom Cruise are very similar, especially the side face! The uniform trousers are of the same standard as before, this time they also added a lining collar to restore it (I didn’t wear a shirt inside), the small accessories are very delicate and well-made, and the leather bag is just enough to put all the small accessories in, full . The disadvantage is that the cap circumference of the hat is too small, and neither of them fits very well. It may be that the cap circumference was not modified due to rush work. The shape of the boots is a mess, I can only say that I can barely see it, or maybe I am too demanding... and the shape of the hand, although the three fingers have been restored, is relatively soft, and it will be difficult to hold the bag, which makes it a bit unnatural. Buy Bulk friends should think twice about buying boots and hats.

The specific modification of the image in the picture is as follows: the body is replaced with a boundary line explosion, the hat is replaced with a self-made wind belt, the epaulets are replaced with self-made epaulets, and the rest are in the original box.
Depending on the post-processing of the light in the picture, the color of the line of the arms will be different. The thread color of the actual arms is more accurate, so you can buy it with confidence.

So it seems it's the stock figure, except that they put him onto an Alert Line body, presumably to get him closer to Cruise's height, since DID's specs state it's on a Slim Tall; custom shoulder boards, and I think they mean custom tress chin stap on the cap.

ds1.jpg
ds2.jpeg
ds3.jpeg
ds4.jpg
ds5.jpeg
ds6.jpg
ds7.jpeg
ds8.jpeg

As someone else commented, the hat size isn't bad, and you can work them down onto the heads without fear of damage.

Ordering from KGH has become nerve-wracking. :lol

I had my doubts whether they'd honour the price, but they've just changed the status to 'Awaiting Shipment', and said a tracking number should be provided soon.

Total price was $161 (£131.32 actual) with free shipping. Still don't know why there was no shipping charge, since it applies to all the other 1/6 DID figures on their site. :unsure:

Received a tracking number from KGH, so they honoured the free shipping.

I don't recognise the number though. The carrier is listed as DealerSend.

While waiting for KGH to get their act together my DID Advanced Slim Version 2.0 bodies arrived from GT.

They appear to be identical to the original release, except with the addition of the heads and hands.

100_4041.JPG

100_4045.JPG
100_4047.JPG

The heads, while apparently an odd decision, look to be painted in flesh tone and not simply cast in flesh tone plastic. They'd be useful under full face masks, such as a knight's helmet, to free up a usable sculpt.

100_4050.JPG

I thought I might be able to use one for a Qorange Gebirgsjäger or Jäger, with the head and face completely wrapped and wearing snow goggles, because it doesn't matter if the goggles scratch or the fabric stains the sculpt.

Qorange 100th Jaeger Division 2.jpg

This is a comparison with the Advanced Slim Short:

100_4052.JPG

The head sculpt could also be a nice starting point for someone learning how to paint head sculpts.

Thanks for the comparison on heights. I'll probably pick up the shorter one for a figure that needs a body replacement (broken leg).

While waiting for KGH to get their act together my DID Advanced Slim Version 2.0 bodies arrived from GT.

They appear to be identical to the original release, except with the addition of the heads and hands.

View attachment 630768

View attachment 630769View attachment 630770

The heads, while apparently an odd decision, look to be painted in flesh tone and not simply cast in flesh tone plastic. They'd be useful under full face masks, such as a knight's helmet, to free up a usable sculpt.

View attachment 630771

I thought I might be able to use one for a Qorange Gebirgsjäger or Jäger, with the head and face completely wrapped and wearing snow goggles, because it doesn't matter if the goggles scratch or the fabric stains the sculpt.

View attachment 630773

View attachment 630772
Have to make sure the wife does not see these photos. My physique is nowhere near this trim.

Still waiting for some movement on the parcel from KGH. Into day five now of "Shipment Data Received".

A promising bit of news was posted on BBICN this afternoon:

über-alles said:
The hat is indeed a bit small, but after wearing it overnight it stretches. Putting it on and taking it off is stress-free at the moment.

View attachment 630768

View attachment 630769View attachment 630770

View attachment 630771

View attachment 630773

View attachment 630772
How are the DID bodies now Asta? They always used to be pretty clunky and far inferior to a HT TT.

How are the DID bodies now Asta? They always used to be pretty clunky and far inferior to a HT TT.

They're good. Feel solid and have tight joints. I bought several of the previously released Advanced Slims.

As opposed to the traditional "narrow shoulder" type, these really do have narrow shoulders.

I think they started using them from D80154 Hans-Joachim Marseille onwards. With D80158 Bialas they introduced the Advanced Slim Short, and with A80161 Ryan the Advanced Slim Tall. Though so far they've only made the regular available as a separate purchase.

They're good. Feel solid and have tight joints. I bought several of the previously released Advanced Slims.

As opposed to the traditional "narrow shoulder" type, these really do have narrow shoulders.

I think they started using them from D80154 Hans-Joachim Marseille onwards. With D80158 Bialas they introduced the Advanced Slim Short, and with A80161 Ryan the Advanced Slim Tall. Though so far they've only made the regular available as a separate purchase.
Thats good to know, that was always my complaint with DID that half the time I had to switch the fig to an alternate body. Yeah most of my DID figures are from back in the day, when they were releasing the Original Enemy At The Gates figures, Konig, Vasily etc.

"Arrived at origin facility"

:woo

It only took seven days from creating the tracking number to getting the parcel into the post. :lol

This Stauffenberg from KGH might've been cheap, but delivery wise so far has been a bit of a nightmare. :lol

Seven days between creating the tracking number and going into the post on 4th April. After that it moved quite well and actually arrived in the country and was released from customs last Saturday (8th April). With previous deliveries Yodel has always collected the parcel by the next day at the latest. This time, however, it got to Thursday and still no movement.

I was trying to find a forum where people might be talking about DealerSend, to see what a typical tracking history looks like. Today I happened upon this thread:

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-lab-exclusive-no-56-hong-kong.117166/page-10
They're waiting for Blu-rays that are in the exact same consignment as my Stauffenberg, and also wondering why there was no movement on their parcels:

Nope, same here. Cleared customs on the 8th dealersend end, and the tracking notification updated as "expecting" with yodel as of the 4th, that's it. Sounds like it's in limbo between clearing customs and reaching yodel. What a waste of 5 days. Fml.

A little while ago they started to report that the parcels had started to move again.

Yodel tracking hasn't changed for me yet, but Parcelsapp is showing it was collected and in transit. Though they have it recorded as WHISTL, not Yodel.

I found a WHISTL tracking page that gives more detail, and specifies Yodel as the carrier.

I got too accustomed to the smooth, regular as clockwork deliveries from Kit and Giantoy. :lol

I use Giantoy mostly as well being in the UK. Did have moderate damage to my Upham figure box - but with their excellent Customer Service they gave an agreeable partial refund and a need to double box my future orders. Stauffenberg arrived mint (double boxed) so we'll happy with them tbh......

Back