1/6 Hot Toys - CMS016D58 Doctor Aphra (Marvel Comic): 0-0-0 (Triple-Zero)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think the likenesses rights are all signed over to Lucasfilm. There may be a handful of A list actors they may get an approval clause but I would think it’s pretty much on Lucasfilm/Disney for the majority but the current stuff. Things like the Tonnika sisters situation just don’t happen anymore.

To me it seems like a waste for HT to even get the Jedi Survivor license (if each SW property is separate) if they don’t intend on making Cal at some point. The Scout Trooper wasn’t even really a new concept like the Purge trooper is is a pretty lazy rehash to represent that game as a whole. Crazy they still haven’t done Cal but HT seems to make less and less sense these days.

Rights and use of likeness are various. For making an advert for Coca-Cola/Marvel we used also many different HT figures, but the condition was no visible faces.

Last edited:
I would think the likenesses rights are all signed over to Lucasfilm. There may be a handful of A list actors they may get an approval clause but I would think it’s pretty much on Lucasfilm/Disney for the majority but the current stuff. Things like the Tonnika sisters situation just don’t happen anymore.

To me it seems like a waste for HT to even get the Jedi Survivor license (if each SW property is separate) if they don’t intend on making Cal at some point. The Scout Trooper wasn’t even really a new concept like the Purge trooper is is a pretty lazy rehash to represent that game as a whole. Crazy they still haven’t done Cal but HT seems to make less and less sense these days.
That’s entirely possible especially because Monaghan isn’t exactly A-list but go and watch Jazzinc’s recent video where he talks about how much work goes into actor likenesses.

Maybe they can save face and offer a two pack of Aphra and Triple Zero? Don’t change anything on Trip but being only available in a 2 pack with Aphra might be the next best way of offering him again without entirely going back on the single release version. Not perfect but might help for those that want the set the three, which I think most would.
I'd buy that! I hope they like money enough and are smart enough to do it

As far as Aphra’s likeness goes, I wonder if using the Galaxy of Heroes mobile game is a work around? Hasbro did that with their recent Revans and HK figures as their ‘source.’ Wonder if HT could do that and have a semi-realistic Aphra likeness as a starting point?

View attachment 699479
I hope it's this one e814d00cd5ec1e5b86a0d80e1f6d562c.jpg

Hot Toys-Secret Base

1 h ·

【Limited stock 350 sets!! ️ 0-0-0TM1:6 proportional alloy collection figure 】

Hot Toys has created the Star Wars comic character "0-0-0TM" from Diecast alloy specifications. The body case has been painted with metal paint to show a magical color tone and black titanium texture. Helmet eyes have LED luminous function, which can give off a strong bright red light, and at the same time create details such as left and right elbow stretch stand device, abdominal exposed wire, etc. Specially create multiple pairs of electric shock and surgical tools for torture and interrogation. 0-0-0TM exclusive mechanical palm for replacement. It highlights the dark charm and destruction nature of this robot, and has unique collectible value.

Limited to 2,000 sets worldwide, limited to 350 sets in Hong Kong only available at the venue!

----------------------------------------
📍
sale location:
🔴
Hot Toys "Star Wars: Power of Darkness" themed exhibition and limited-time store (Taikoo Shing Centre 2/F Atrium & Midbridge)
🗓
Release date:
April 26 (Friday) - Member priority preview day
27th April (Saturday) - Public sale
!!!!!! ️Member priority preview day schedule:
*April 26, 2024 is Toy Hunters, Secret Base and Star Wars Hot Toys Collector Council member priority preview day. VIP members who have successfully registered at Ehottoys will be able to enter first at designated appointment times

So 2000 sets worldwide, as we knew, but of those 350 were reserved for Hong Kong.

Did Sideshow get all of the remaining 1650? :unsure:

Hot Toys-Secret Base

1 h ·

【Limited stock 350 sets!! ️ 0-0-0TM1:6 proportional alloy collection figure 】

Hot Toys has created the Star Wars comic character "0-0-0TM" from Diecast alloy specifications. The body case has been painted with metal paint to show a magical color tone and black titanium texture. Helmet eyes have LED luminous function, which can give off a strong bright red light, and at the same time create details such as left and right elbow stretch stand device, abdominal exposed wire, etc. Specially create multiple pairs of electric shock and surgical tools for torture and interrogation. 0-0-0TM exclusive mechanical palm for replacement. It highlights the dark charm and destruction nature of this robot, and has unique collectible value.

Limited to 2,000 sets worldwide, limited to 350 sets in Hong Kong only available at the venue!

📍
sale location:
🔴
Hot Toys "Star Wars: Power of Darkness" themed exhibition and limited-time store (Taikoo Shing Centre 2/F Atrium & Midbridge)
🗓
Release date:
April 26 (Friday) - Member priority preview day
27th April (Saturday) - Public sale
!!!!!! ️Member priority preview day schedule:
*April 26, 2024 is Toy Hunters, Secret Base and Star Wars Hot Toys Collector Council member priority preview day. VIP members who have successfully registered at Ehottoys will be able to enter first at designated appointment times

So 2000 sets worldwide, as we knew, but of those 350 were reserved for Hong Kong.

Did Sideshow get all of the remaining 1650? :unsure:
Maybe 1200 for sideshow with 150 for mainland china, 250 for europe and 50 for Australia?? Who knows

Maybe 1200 for sideshow with 150 for mainland china, 250 for europe and 50 for Australia?? Who knows

I never thought to Google to see who else had him for sale.

So far only two other retailers showed up:

https://popcollectibles.store/produ...-6th-scale-collectible-figure-limited-edition

HKD $3,980 ($508)

And this bunch of scammers...

https://www.toyswonderland.com/prod...-collectible-figure-cms016d58/?v=79cba1185463

-The shipping fee will automatically be calculated at checkout
-Estimated Release date: 2024 Early May (Shipping Before 8thMay 2024 )

£333.90 ($415)

Both those will likely be getting their stock from the Hong Kong 350 allocation, having marked them up in price.

I wish I knew for sure where Hot Toys sends out their allotment for these new kinds of exclusives. It might just be certain official Hot Toys physical stores throughout SE Asia and Sideshow. If anyone knows about other distributors that has an official allocation and isn’t just a reseller, I would love to know.

I’m not sure Australia gets any of these exclusives through official channels. I would have thought that Popcultcha would be the likely source, but they never seem to list any. Pretty sure Sugo gets any stock as a reseller and not an official distributor.

I think Sideshow still has the European market for Hot Toys under contract, so their allotment is the European allocation.

The Hot Toys store in Japan might get some official amount?

Bet over time umbra will be harder to get, rarer and people collect clones.

The big elephant in the room now is if we get Aphra.

There were musings that a show was happening...

But honestly, adapting Aphra to screen makes too much sense for them to actually do it.

Aphra herself would be a DOPO.

As for a show, they would have to neuter events so much as to render the result utter pablum for the masses. Aphra and her cohorts are most definitely not child-friendly. Those two droids are so murderous that several books in, I actually started to become annoyed with them. There is no way that **** or anything like it hits the screen. And I loves me some bad guys. Vader almost seems tame next to them, at least he has a rationale, however sketchy for what he does. These droids just kill you for fun.

They could make it all nice and shiny... but would that even be the Aphra we know? Would that be a show worth watching?

Back