1/6 Hot Toys - CMS016D58 Doctor Aphra (Marvel Comic): 0-0-0 (Triple-Zero)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... but the wink!!!!

:lol

Give this girl a light-hammer and let's move on...

I'm just kidding, Rama...

200w.gif

That's totally where this Doctor came from. Disney wanting a Star Wars 'Harley'.
I’d say Ahsoka fills that role more. She’s certainly more popular than Aphra by a large margin. But sure, the bad girl that’s a fan favorite isn’t too dissimilar to Harley in that aspect. Unless Aphra appears in a show or maybe star in a video game, I don’t see her getting anywhere near Harley or Ahsoka levels of popularity. The comic base of readers is tiny. 2,000 might not be a bad estimate of the readers also willing to drop the cash on these characters. I just hope these droids are just a tease of something they never materializes. I’d be satisfied with just Aphra at this point but if they really wanted to send a message to InArt, I’d love to see them do a Krrrsantan with some Artisan skills under their belt. And then eventually do a new Chewie.

..the idea of a space Indy who works with Vader while exploring the criminal underworld feels like a pretty solid hook.
She is a betrayer par excellence. She seems really nice and friendly, she does funny stuff. You like her. But if it suits her purpose to abandon or strand you, she will. If it suits her, she'll kill you. Or kill your significant other, in order to incite in you a murderous rage that suits her goals.

She CONTINUALLY does self-defeating things that serve her in the moment, but that ensure she will not have a happy life. She knows this, yet she still does them. She repeatedly says that there is no happy ending for people like her.

[Q and PICARD LIKE HER] . He does not admit that. But he does! There is no other excuse for the amount of times he lets her live.....

She's very conflicted, and that makes her interesting.
I heard someone else call her Belloq as opposed to Indy so that’s probably a good way of characterizing her. Maybe a good antithesis to Wanda Syke’s character on Bad Batch.

90s Next Gen Star Trek had this exact character, one of the best recurring sympathetic foils in the franchise, her name was Vash
Vash was a Human archaeologist and former member of the Federation Archaeology Council in the 24th century and considered by many to be a profiteer.
....Vash's primary goal was not to gain knowledge about ancient cultures, but to sell their artifacts for a profit. To this end, she frequently used methods that were considered unscrupulous
Picard: Any woman who can beat a Ferengi at his own game, bears watching.
Vash: I'll take that as a compliment.
Picard (talking about Q when she joins him): He's devious, and amoral, and unreliable, and irresponsible, and... and definitely not to be trusted!
Vash : Remind you of someone you know?
Picard : As a matter of fact, it does.
8o4f7f.gif

Vash: I brought Back some very impressive artifacts.
Picard: I have no doubt you sold them for a very impressive profit.
Vash: That's what I do.
Picard: Not onboard my ship, I will not allow it.
Vash: Lets get one thing straight Picard, I can not change who I am, for you or anyone else.
Literally a female Indiana Jones, unscrupulous yet sympathetic archeologist adventurer, traveling through space, who even works with the main antagonist, so long as it will get her somewhere.
At least Lucas acknowledged, drew attention to, and celebrated what he was "borrowing" from, and sensationally repurposed it into a new context, and setting.
These parasites at Disney don't have an original idea among them, and just repackage others, to sell it back to their wholly ignorant fan base.
Though I guess she didn't have the two (what if 3PO & R2 were) evil droids, they're so original:rolleyes2.

Last edited:
90s Next Gen Star Trek had this exact character, one of the best recurring sympathetic foils in the franchise, her name was Vash

8o4f7f.gif

Literaly a female Indiana Jones, unscrupulous yet sympathetic archeologis traveling through space, who even works with the main antongonist, so long as it will get her somewhere.
At least Lucas acknowledged, drew attention to and celebrated what he was "borrowing" from, and sensationally repurposed it into a new context, and setting.
These parasites at Disney don't have an original idea among them, and just repackage others, to sell it back their wholly ignorant fan base.
Though I guess she didn't have the two evil droids, they're original:rolleyes2.
Not a trekkie so did not know this already, but not surprised at all that Disney Wars copied someone elses homework

He does look good on the shelf with other Dark Side characters. It’ll be a nice filler character to have. I need to familiarize myself with the comics more but glad I was able to secure one.

Another review.
However, this channel is #sponsorbytoyswonderland. :yuck

The comments appear to be turned off on all their videos, which is unsurprising considering their scumbag relationship, or the likelihood that they are Toys Wonderland.

I find it funny that they are trying to do their thumbnails the way Justin was/is. That speaks volumes in and of itself.

The channel was created 20th July last year. I'm guessing TW created it as a backup shill knowing Justin was facing problems and may not be sticking by them. Justin made his two live videos addressing the situation in early September.

Back