1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't keep up with upcoming Star Wars figures these days so I'm late arriving here.
Did HT go with their old ANH sculpt?
That's both hilarious and bizarre.

Is it bad I mainly got this for the rooted head and saber lol? Will swap heads with my ROTJ Luke. We all know how difficult an official Artisan OT Luke will be. At least I'll have the hs for it from this one.

Looks like season 3 cgi luke
Image.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not completely sold on the sculpt being a repurposed anh luke (although it is very similar), but it is inarguably sort of idealized.

Last edited:
I’m regards to the accuracy of the sculpt - I didn’t expect the sculpt was meant to be an accurate Hamill, instead being more evocative of Hamill and the art from the comic. Easy buy for me. Lucky I got 300 in line for the artisan.

8ozq78.gif

8ozqeg.gif

8ozpkl.gif

Kind of washed out by his spotlight, yet are the eyes more sunken, and the periocular (yeah I looked that up), more dark, sullen and reddish?
Kind of reminiscent of the Dark Anakiin, which is pretty great.
8ozv44.jpg

1714846138661.jpeg

Last edited:
After having a night to mull over the Artisan loss yesterday... I am kind of feeling like I dodged a bullet.

-I really don't want to get in the habit of buying an Artisan and a regular version of every release. Going after Anakin made sense since there was no other version. But this one didn't really. I was just going after it out of a "collect them all" mentality and not because I thought it looked better than the regular. So missing this should break that habit before it begins.

-The cost is honestly astronomical for what you get. I wasn't even looking at it as I tried to speed through checkout... but an extra $150 for doll hair? Yikes. Even worse- I am part of a shop that carries Hot Toys so I get mine at wholesale. That means I was spending like $250 more on the Artisan than I am the regular. That is a whole other figure.

-I have over 200 1/6 Star Wars. None of them currently have wool hair (Anakin Artisan will be the exception and will be posed with clones so as not to stand out). So any wool hair releases I try to fudge in to the display may look out of place. Why opt for that if I don't have to?

Is this a bit of "tell myself I didn't want it because I missed it"? Maybe. But maybe not... I guess time will tell.

-James

IMO, you did dodge a bullet. This is such a bizarre release due to them retooling the ANH sculpt, which had a weak Hamill likeness to begin with.

Trust me man, don’t let the FOMO creep up in your head. If you own Mando Luke, just buy a similar looking cloak, slap that on and boom, you’re the owner of a far superior Dark Empire Luke.

I’m regards to the accuracy of the sculpt - I didn’t expect the sculpt was meant to be an accurate Hamill, instead being more evocative of Hamill and the art from the comic. Easy buy for me. Lucky I got 300 in line for the artisan.
Yeah not a huge deal for me either. I was introduced to the books and the comics before the movies so an idealized eu luke is my og luke anyways

So what's the deal with all the lights and buttons on his belt? Does DE Luke have electro-mechanical parts like his daddy did or are they just for show?

Makes him Vadery.

Star Wars that sells:
Anything Vadery
Anything Fettish
Anything Trooper

So Dark Luke Empire with Stormtrooper Luke... all you need is Boba Luke.

Oh, it will come.

Lol missed the Artisan release but whatever I'm happy the sculpted version anyways so I ordered that one.

Makes him Vadery.

Star Wars that sells:
Anything Vadery
Anything Fettish
Anything Trooper

So Dark Luke Empire with Stormtrooper Luke... all you need is Boba Luke.

Oh, it will come.
Yeah, I ALMOST pulled the trigger on the regular version of him as he's the only one of these new releases besides Maul that's eligible for the $20 Thank You code that I have (& probably only until the end of the day - the Shadow Trooper was eligible yesterday but no longer). IDK, conceptually I find a Dark Side Luke very appealing but between that silly belt, the codpiece and the meh head sculpt I'm just not feeling this one. However the next 10 hours are sure to test my resolve lol...

Last edited:
Yeah, I ALMOST pulled the trigger on the regular version of him as he's the only one of these new releases besides Maul that's eligible for the $20 Thank You code that I have (& probably only until the end of the day - the Shadow Trooper was eligible yesterday but no longer). IDK, conceptually I find a Dark Side Luke very appealing but between that silly belt, the codpiece and the meh head sculpt I'm just not feeling this one. However the next 10 hours is sure to test my resolve lol...
I can never get any of these promo codes to work on anything anymore. I'm sick of all these walls Sideshow has put up to use a coupon code.

I can never get any of these promo codes to work on anything anymore. I'm sick of all these walls Sideshow has put up to use a coupon code.
The only time they work is when a new figure drops AFTER you've received the code, and if multiple figures go up for order it rarely works on ALL of them. And it's usually only good for 24 hours or so. So about as frequent as a total solar eclipse lol...

Back