1/6 Hot Toys - MMS745/745B - Episode III: Revenge of The Sith - Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All it takes is one opinion to sway the general consensus and cancel preorders.

The same nonsense happened in the InArt Paul Atreides thread, and that sculpt is insane.

I say it's awesome. If people want more accuracy, kidnap Ian McDiarmid.

It isn't the greatest sculpt ever and it isn't a complete fail. It is however bordering on uncanny valley due to being close but off just enough to throw off the likeness.

The mouth smile IS too exaggerated, almost joker like, even when compared to the BTS pic. It is a caricature. Some (like me) will like that as it looks more creepy but others will hate it because it is inaccurate and the point of collecting HT is to have something extremely accurate and detailed compared to Hasbro/Sideshow/Kotobukiya etc etc etc.

As a figure this new Palps looks amazing, and is very representative of the CHARACTER in the movie, but fails as a representation of the likeness of Ian, the expressions he pulled on screen and arguably the outfit colour.

This figure could please both camps with just some tweaks, most of which have already been suggested (subtle resculpt of mouth+eyes, adjust paint particularly at the eyes, tone down the colour of the robes a little bit and add a cackling head sculpt to capture more his on-screen manner)

Last edited:
I personally don't mind idealised depictions. The HT Sabine Wren and Thrawn figures look better than the on screen characters. I prefer OT style Stormtroopers not be asymmetrical. I prefer perfection over accuracy a lot of the time however I will never claim something is accurate when it isn't just because I like it, nor will I begrudge anyone demanding proper accuracy.

This Palps looks great but I would love if HT fix it so everyone will be happy with it. Now that HT are shifting away from mainland China market (with its, for the most part, less discerning collectors) to instead serve the West/Japan/HK maybe our voices will start to be heard. HT would normally only change something if Chinese collector platforms kicked up a fuss, now things may improve when we voice our criticisms. So criticise! I view it as positive way to improve products for everyone, ignore those who view it as nagativity, they will likely enjoy whatever figure is served up, accurate or not

Intense, now I've actually been dealing with this emperor for almost two days. He managed to manipulate me even at 1/6 scale and divide the community, which will lead to me ordering him. I just wanted a Star Wars villain in my collection. Sorry, since I'm not a fan of Stsr Wars, I don't notice the one or two probable inaccuracies. To me she looks amazing and scary. Does the perfect Hot Toys collectible figure actually exist??? Okay, except probably for Adam West Batman and Christopher Reeve Superman.

This Palps looks great but I would love if HT fix it so everyone will be happy with it. Now that HT are shifting away from mainland China market (with its, for the most part, less discerning collectors) to instead serve the West/Japan/HK maybe our voices will start to be heard.
Ha! It's a nice idea, but that'll never happen. One person's "OMG it's perfect!" will always be someone else's "looks nothing them" no matter how much something gets revised. Happens all the time.
HT would normally only change something if Chinese collector platforms kicked up a fuss, now things may improve when we voice our criticisms. So criticise! I view it as positive way to improve products for everyone, ignore those who view it as nagativity, they will likely enjoy whatever figure is served up, accurate or not
Not always true. Recent case in point would the TDKR Armory Batman. Folks voiced their displeasure with the Bale sculpt so HT changed it, and now it would appear many would've preferred it had not changed at all. Similar thing happened with JND's 1/3 Reeve Statue. Lots of complaints about the Superman sculpt, so JND went back and changed it and now lots of complaints about the new sculpt with ppl wanting the original now all of sudden as if they didn't cry about it before :lol Making complaints or suggestions for improvements doesn't always result in a universally praised update if the company were to actually go back and make changes.
Does the perfect Hot Toys collectible figure actually exist??? Okay, except probably for Adam West Batman and Christopher Reeve Superman.
Oh boy, those are far from perfect but that's a whole other can of worms :lol

Last edited:
Maybe I set too high of an expectation for myself. A ROTS Palpatine has been the top of my list of grails for years.

Revenge of the Sith is not without its flaws, but I love it nonetheless, and it's my favorite of the Star Wars films.

THERE! I SAID IT MOTHER******, lol.

I really care about the source material. Not saying that gives me a higher authority, but I'm very firm with my opinion, regardless of what anybody says, that sculpt is poor, and far from what an ideal 1/6 representation could be.

Ordering him from Kit the upcoming paycheck.
it6Y5eA.gif

I'm excited about this figure. The one thing that I am struck by is how many people place an extreme zoom-in of the head sculpt next to a movie still and say how inaccurate it is. That's not how I plan to display it on my shelf. There aren't movie stills to compare it to there and I believe this will be an excellent and fun figure, particularly posed with AOTC Yoda. With that said, I don't need a movie still to comprehend the inaccuracies of Farm Boy Luke for example. Maybe there are folks that have that ability with this Palps, but I'm not one of them. Again, I'm not arguing the accuracy or inaccuracy of this particular figure, just stating that I think it looks great.

I'm excited about this figure. The one thing that I am struck by is how many people place an extreme zoom-in of the head sculpt next to a movie still and say how inaccurate it is. That's not how I plan to display it on my shelf. There aren't movie stills to compare it to there and I believe this will be an excellent and fun figure, particularly posed with AOTC Yoda. With that said, I don't need a movie still to comprehend the inaccuracies of Farm Boy Luke for example. Maybe there are folks that have that ability with this Palps, but I'm not one of them. Again, I'm not arguing the accuracy or inaccuracy of this particular figure, just stating that I think it looks great.
I'm not a fan of the Star Wars series, but I also find this emperor impressive. It's a matter of opinion and taste and as I learned today, there is no perfect Hot Toys collectible figure. For example, one person loves the NWH Tobey Maguire Spider-Man and the other hates him. ;)

Back