1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always had a soft spot for these Clone Commandos. My Star Wars collection has been greatly reduced and the only figure I have on PO is the Ray Stevenson figure.
If they produced an accurate commando, I think I'd have been tempted to get him. He'd be fairly lonely on the Star Wars shelf as only ESB Boba and ROTJ Scout remain but still.
This guy is far too skinny and puny looking to even match the animated version. The ones in Bad Batch were chunky boys if I recall. Haven't see season 3 though.
Far beefier units than skinny boy Hunter.
Such a shame HT have been lazy. If I recall, Hasbro were lazy and gave us skinny commandos too.
Yeah I think I'd have gotten a proper Clone Commando. Shame.

I realize this is a statue, but it still shows the “beefiness” that we seem to agree that HT is missing.
IMG_8089.jpeg
IMG_8084.jpeg
IMG_8086.jpeg

Always had a soft spot for these Clone Commandos. My Star Wars collection has been greatly reduced and the only figure I have on PO is the Ray Stevenson figure.
If they produced an accurate commando, I think I'd have been tempted to get him. He'd be fairly lonely on the Star Wars shelf as only ESB Boba and ROTJ Scout remain but still.
This guy is far too skinny and puny looking to even match the animated version. The ones in Bad Batch were chunky boys if I recall. Haven't see season 3 though.
Far beefier units than skinny boy Hunter.
Such a shame HT have been lazy. If I recall, Hasbro were lazy and gave us skinny commandos too.
Yeah I think I'd have gotten a proper Clone Commando. Shame.
It’s a prototype.

Let's see what they do between now and the actual figure; its not unknown for them to change stuff.
Personally I'm not prepared to put down a NRD for a figure in the hopes that they'll change it. This isn't a small thing either, when the thing you're hoping they'll change is the difference between wanting the figure or not.

Personally I'm not prepared to put down a NRD for a figure in the hopes that they'll change it. This isn't a small thing either, when the thing you're hoping they'll change is the difference between wanting the figure or not.

Im not necessarily saying to put down a NRD; but just to see what HT does with the feedback. And given the feedback, I think theres a high chance of HT going "F it, we're just not gonna bother with this guy," and off to Coming Soon limbo he goes. 😔

I used a Boba Fett body when I made my RC. Meant that the armour was a pain to try and size properly, but it gave him the proportions that you want from these dudes.

He is pretty rough looking in this closeup but he looks better on the shelf. He has been a bit of a work in progress for forever! :D

Anyway, posting this to say that yeah, I agree, these guys need to not just have the standard clone body. It does make a difference.
tempImagefT5QUJ.jpg

Im not necessarily saying to put down a NRD; but just to see what HT does with the feedback. And given the feedback, I think theres a high chance of HT going "F it, we're just not gonna bother with this guy," and off to Coming Soon limbo he goes. 😔
We'll have to see what the PO pics are like but I don't have much faith it'll be different from this skinny proto.
All 3 of the UK retailers I order figures from require NRDs so if the PO version is skinny, I won't be ordering.
Maybe they'll fix it for the final release version, maybe they won't but I'm not going to risk it.
Unless they show us an improved accurate version at PO.
Even then, I'd rather a plain white version or Scorch over this one.

The biggest problem here is HT knows that this guy will sell, whether they fix him or not. With no one else in the 1/6 game, I see little chance of any revisions. I hope to be wrong.
I'm leaning towards them not bothering to fix too honestly. I hope I'm wrong.
My thoughts, what's the point in getting a 1/6 Commando figure if he's not wearing accurate bulky armour? Might as well just get a standard clone trooper.
Unfortunately people will probably buy a HT Commando whether it's accurate or not.

Back