1/6 Hot Toys -TMS044 - The Mandalorian: The Armorer (2021 Toy Fair Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, @KBA.

The Clone Wars can be difficult to get into so I fully understand. If at any point you want to watch the whole series, I like to recommend starting with Season 3 Episode 18 The Citadel and going back to Season 1 if you end up liking the show. Episodes are really hit or miss Seasons 1 and 2. The tone matures very quickly after Season 3.

Since you’re primarily just looking for more context into the state of Mandalore, the easiest way would be to stick to episodes with Bo-Katan in them. She’s a side character for her earliest episodes, but develops into an important figure. It’s helpful to sort of mentally shift your focus to her being the central character.

Here’s a quick rundown of the important characters since you’d be missing out on their introductions:

Duchess Satine Kryze: Bo-Katan’s sister. A pacifist who has tried to turn Mandalore away from its warrior roots to be a pacifist society. Obi-Wan has feelings for her.

Pre Vizsla: Leader of the Death Watch, a splinter group of Mandalorians against the idea of Satine’s pacifism. Voiced by Jon Favreau. Same clan as Paz Vizsla in The Mandalorian, also voiced by Favreau.

Maul and Savage Opress: Maul was resurrected earlier in the series. Savage is a Nightbrother from Dathomir that Maul is close and forms a bond with. Edit: Yes, also biological brothers.

S4E14 in this list is optional, though it is Bo-Katan’s first appearance. It’s mostly a self contained side story.

The Clone Wars
S4E14 - Friend in Need
S5E14 - Eminence
S5E15 - Shades of Reason
S5E16 - The Lawless
S7E9 - Old Friends Not Forgotten
S7E10 - The Phantom Apprentice
S7E11 - Shattered
S7E12 - Victory and Death

[Context: Order 66, the Clone War ends, and the Empire seizes Mandalore by this point. Bo-Katan was made Imperial regent but Palpatine replaces her with Gar Saxon when she will not swear fealty to him.]

Rebels
S4E1&2 - Heroes of Mandalore

[Context: Sabine Wren, a Mandalorian of house Wren, is looking for someone to wield the Darksaber and unite their people. She chooses Bo-Katan. Some time after this episode, she will lose the Darksaber and it will end up in the hands of Moff Gideon in events that are only alluded to.]

Just for a follow-up from one of those weird, 80’s kids that were just a little too young when the OT hit theatres (I call us the VHS fans) but old enough to be completely aware of the massive, unprecedented hype leading up to the PT.

How good were those last 4 CW episodes? My goodness.

I had talked about my struggle to digest the first season of the show, and restarted the journey at the beginning of Season 4 based on your recommendation. A minor degree of those struggles with some of the plot lines that laid on the juvenile tone a little too thick for me followed until Season 7, but I found I could quickly sample the first episode of a plot cluster, and skip it if I so chose with minimal repercussions from not knowing a minor character or two. I would say I enjoyed most of series.

Outside of Season 7, my favourite plot line was the Umbara stuff. The creators did a fantastic job showing some tough, full-scale planetary war. The show’s ability to leave the house-hold-name characters behind for a few episodes and deep dive into concepts was fantastic.

I‘m onto Rebels, and started at the final episode of the first season. Already enjoying the OT feeling of the space battles and dog fights in particular. Even the way the tie-fighters explode with little sparks is charming.

All-in-all, looking forward to the Star Wars animated shows to come— never thought I’d say that. And thank you to the fans of the CW series that gave it an audience and kept it going. I’ll echo MyenShi and encourage anyone who might have been turned off by the CW movie to give it a shot.

Apologies for temporarily derailing the Armorer’s thread!

How long do we think she will last, say compared to the last SDCC exclusive?

How long do we think she will last, say compared to the last SDCC exclusive?

Anakin lasted at least a couple months after he shipped out but that was before all the supply problems HT now has. Sideshow limiting one per customer is a good indicator that they aren't planning to make a massive amount. If you want the figure I wouldn't wait around.

I’d give her a few months after release. Definitely won’t last the surge of hype when Boba’s show starts though. Everything Mandalorian will be even hotter then than it is now.

:yess:
E6C0F70B-B5BB-4393-84BB-7649211807B5.jpeg

So that photo of the figure art box originated on the HT Secret Base Facebook.

They were putting out the call to come and collect her.

Hot Toys - TMS044 <<Star Wars: The Mandalorian>> 1:6 The Armorer Collectible Figure 到貨喇 ~ !
Pre-order customers, please come to Hot Toys-Echo Base!

But it's already evening in Hong Kong.

I want all Hot Toy releases to be Summer Con specials !!! Imagine getting them all in this type of timespan.

Sure second batch will be a couple of months away, but still. This would be heaven !!

And take out all the fun and anticipation of waiting a year or more?

giphy.gif

:lol

I want all Hot Toy releases to be Summer Con specials !!! Imagine getting them all in this type of timespan.

Sure second batch will be a couple of months away, but still. This would be heaven !!
I still won't forget getting Roadworn Thor IN HAND before the movie released. That was cool.

I wonder how the pants will turn out? Similar to the promo shots or the SSC Con prototype?

Back