12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*rubs hands evily* If I'm not satisfied by Leia... my Chewie will be.

Muh-ha-ha-hah!

Oh Wor-Gar, you finally have a chance to play out something that never happened in Star Wars, gotta bring Bespin Han in.

Leia- "I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!"

Han- "I can arrange that, you could use a good kiss!!!"

Enter Wor-Gar's kitchen, Han dragging Leia Behind him, Chewbacca waiting...

Here are some before and after water treatment photos of my Leia. She arrived today and I have to say that I am much happier with her than I thought I would be. The fabric for the dress is pretty light so it has not been taking to the water treatment to well. I do like the face scuplt and think the paint apps for pretty good. I do think the stitching on the dress is not very well done as I had to do a lot of triming on mine to get rid of strings. Also at the top of the hood where the seem is I can not get it to lay flat no matter what I have tried. The only other gripe with the dress is it is not connected to the hood and they did nothing to the top edge of the dress to stop it from fraying. I plan on asking for a replacement cause it was split apart at the neck and there is no way to hide it. All and all I actually think she is a pretty good figure now that she is here.

pre water
leiapre.jpg

post water
leiapost.jpg

Thanks for the pics, bronco... that's how I want to pose her too. She looks better in your pics.

I see absolutely no difference in the pre- or post shots though. Too bad. I was hoping the water treatment would really help this figure.

I wonder if mixing in a bit of acylic to the wash will help stiffen the material enough to make more poseable???

That may be... my only hope!

i agree with the josh -- the first few pictures were a bit unsettelling, but the more i see, the less of a travesty she seems -- too bad they didn't make the dress a bit longer and or thinner -- it doesn't seem to really match up with the screen representation -- and the face/ resemblance issue seems to be more of an agle/presentation thing -- hopefully anyway -- still don't have my notice, but ideally i'll have her next week-ish to judge for myself

Thanks for the pics, bronco... that's how I want to pose her too. She looks better in your pics.

I see absolutely no difference in the pre- or post shots though. Too bad. I was hoping the water treatment would really help this figure.

I wonder if mixing in a bit of acylic to the wash will help stiffen the material enough to make more poseable???

That may be... my only hope!

It might I don't know to much about that. Right after the water treatment everything hung great but as it started to dry it started to slowly get some of the wrinkles back. Maybe repeated attempts would help. Along with pose though it's the legs that make it impossible to get the premium format pose to look right. I can't get the left leg to go in anymore than it already is. Maybe shaving away some of the plastic that seperates the two legs might help. I don't know any tips?

So is she not comming with the Death Star plans anymore? They aren't pictured in the accessories, but they are still listed in the text. :confused:

Yea, they are there. They're above her right shoulder. Its just hard to see through the reflection on he blister.

Right after the water treatment everything hung great but as it started to dry it started to slowly get some of the wrinkles back.

I was afraid of that. That's why a bit of acylic might give the material some "weight" and stiffness. I'll give it a go. An iron might help too, but I'd have to see the material first. Looks like it will burn easy.

Is the dress cotton? I still don't know why they chose to use a 'shiny' material when Leia's outfit in ANH clearly wasn't shiny. This material looks more fitting for her Ceremonial Gown.

Last edited:
I was afraid of that. That's why a bit of acylic might give the material some "weight" and stiffness. I'll give it a go. An iron might help too, but I'd have to see the material first. Looks like it will burn easy.

Is the dress cotton? I still don't know why they chose to use a 'shiny' material when Leia's outfit in ANH clearly wasn't shiny. This material looks more fitting for her Ceremonial Gown.

I soaked it twice and the wrinkles didn't come out. I finally used an iron to get out the really bad wrinkles.

The material is not really shiny. there are some shiny threads with in it but it's the flash that is making it look so shiny.

I received the ANH Leia today. I haven't taken her out of the box yet (won't for a while) but she looks better in person than in the pics.

I'm glad I didn't cancel the pre-order and thanks to Sideshow for the calendar. I was surprised to see it in the box with Leia.

Back