2nd Customizer Figure Challenge DEADFEST '07 development thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremasterles

Gonna need a bigger site!
Reaction score
The 2nd ever Customizer Figure Challenge DEADFEST '07 is now, underway!

What began as a poll for the area of interest for the second ever Sideshow Freaks Custom Challenge, has now by choice of poll, become a Zombies/undead custom challenge, with accents maybe on popular category number two, Apocalyptic characters.
You can cross over some aspects of these, but it must a AN UNDEAD ZOMBIE TYPE RELATED CHARACTER. If you skew too far into living heroes that fight zombies and all, then at least have an Undead with them for backup. We need to see dead guys in this one.

Last go round, it was Females. Anything female worked. This go round, it's Zombies, so let's not stray too far....Frankenstien's monster might be ok. Even a vampire or two, but be careful, this was not a Vampires poll....

Make sense? Try to keep it within the category so everyone can enjoy it for that.

This can be discussed, and if most contribuing members are ok with some of the discussed variants, them I sure am. I am only an overseer here, not a policeman, so you guys have to keep your figures in line yourselves.
I am sure all will be great come Halloween.

Speaking of which, that is the deadline...get it...DEADline...:lol....:monkey1
Ok...anyway, HALLOWEEN! Not the day after! Maybe the day before we'll open the image thread, but not after! Please, be ready with your figure on HALLOWEEN!

As for scale, type, who it is, whatever! Just make a dead or undead person!
Something!
And I hope, we see more customs contributors this go round! Get in there and join us, those of you who didn't before. There are again, no winners or losers! Just contributors!

There will be a running list of the interested, as we did last time, but know that no one is locked in. Just say if you are gonna try. Best we can hope for.

So, this is your thread! Let's fill it with some cool stuff!
Pics, refs, comments, whatever! If you wanna surprise us, fine! If not, share. I say, this is about helping each other and being creative.

Let's ROCK this DEADFEST into the ground from which it came!

:rock :rock :rock :rock

The list of customizers contributing to DEADFEST '07 will be....

Figuremasterles
Galactiboy
Ian1138
Xander
Customizerwannabe
Dr. T
Abstractharmony
Batty?
DarkArtist81
Saint Syn
Anzik Hayes
Die
Hurricane
Mudshark
Serpentor
McHaleyArt

(List will be updated on an ongoing basis...) :D
Amount of figures contributed by each to be added soon...
15? so far! I hope we see LOTS of dead guys (contributions) this go round! :rock

BTW, where's that maker of original hydra headed wickedness this go round? Where are you Mikey? You KNOW you can do one of these! C'mon dude!

Last edited:
Count me in, love the name DEADFEST '07, nice one X. Better eat some cheese tonight so i have some wicked nightmare and get some good ideas.

When i was training to do my job i got the chance to go to Surgeons Hall in Edinburgh where they have a collection of things that can go wrong with nature. IF i had the stomach id copy something from there.

"I'm with you too."

Love that line!:lol

Hopefully two from me. The survivor parts will take a little while to get, so Halloween is great! I'll go through what parts I have and see, I should be able to donate some things if anyone needs an extra part or two.

Hey Les,

Thanks for accepting my Undead suggestion! :)

But now I actually have something that's 90% complete that I'd like to contribute, and it should be done within a couple of days. Do I have to wait until Halloween to post it? (Sorry if it's a newbie question)

Cheers,
doc t

It's nice that there's a longer DEADline for this challenge. This should be really good!

I have a old Michael doll from the 80's with the Thriller outfit :rock

That'd be a pretty awesome custom!

I have a old Michael doll from the 80's with the Thriller outfit :rock

That'd be a pretty awesome custom!

Damn straight!! That would be hilarious!!

thriller.jpg

You can most certainly count me in... I'll probably make quite a few.. Already have my idea for my most prominent figure. :devil

I can definitely manage this one.

I think we should get into full SSC mode and post teaser pics as things progress.

I can definitely manage this one.

I think we should get into full SSC mode and post teaser pics as things progress.

Whatever floats your boat, Anzik! Share or secret, whichever works for you. :D
I may not show mine until reveal day though. But, post in progs if you want, and if need be, ask folks for how-to's on stuff. Don't be left in the dark if you need or want assistance from a fellow craftsman!
Some of these may be rathar gory, and/or require methods to make guts, gore, etc. There is always a way to do it.
Don't be afraid to ask.

Yeah, Jawless Ron would have been a great figure for this Challenge. Imagine, what Josh (Or anyone else for that matter...) has in store for us this go round! :lol
Legless Lou! Armless Andy! Appendageless Arnold! Tongueless Tony!
There are no limits! :rotfl

Posting on Halloween works ok for me, but for people that can't make it to their computer that day, you may want to start one or 2 days before. Just a thought.

Posting on Halloween works ok for me, but for people that can't make it to their computer that day, you may want to start one or 2 days before. Just a thought.

Good point. Will do. How about starting Monday, the 29th of October, with the final bell at midnight on the 31st. Pacific time. :D Three days of fun!

Back