aaargh... moving SUCKS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
As I may have mentioned to some of you, my girlfriend Autumn and I are in the process of moving from Redwood City, CA to Oakland, CA (about a forty-five minute drive). We take possession of the new house on Saturday and are doing the "big stuff" move with the moving company etc. on Monday.

So why this post? Mostly to friging VENT.

I currently do contract computer work for a non-profit, so I can pretty do most of my work from home... therefore, most of the responsibility for packing has fallen to me. This is fine, but I'm SO READY TO BE DONE.

It's amazing all the CRAP we accumulate in the places we live, and I'm not even referring to my toys and collectibles.

Anyway, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I feel better now. I'll be done soon, and I'm really excited about the new house and the possibilities it will have to display my collection.

Thanks for reading this.

Ahh good luck on the move man. This is the thing that scares me the most, especially since I wanna move from PA to CA eventually. All the stuff I have.. I fear transporting it cross country.

Man, moving is the single thing I am most looking forward to this year.

Good luck though.

yep... moving stinks!! Things get broken.. it's a pain packing and un packing.

I couldn't believe all the crap I had in a one bedroom apartment. I can't wait to see how much crap I collect in my house! :(

good Luck on the Move!

Suck it up.
I've moved ten times over the past thirteen years. It's a pain, but sometimes you have no choice.

At least you're just driving your stuff. Always keep your boxes! It makes packing easier.

Look at the bright side. now you have the opportunity to let go of stuff accumulated from your old place. Chances are, you will start fresh in a new place with less clutter.

moving is awesome............you get to experience new places, new smells, find stuff you thought was lost, lose stuff you think you need, see how far your patience holds up with the significant other, get some exercise, sweat off last night's/todays beer intake, put more miles on your vehicle giving it that old comfortable shoe feel,..............ITS ALL GOOD !!!!!!!!!!...........:banana..........moving rocks :rock

yep.................im drunk.....:lol

Moving is the worst thing ever. The next time I do it, I'm hiring movers. I don't care what the cost, I won't do it myself ever again.

Movings only nice once you're unpacked in your new house and it's all over and done with.:D

I had a bit of a horror story with moving. A few years ago my wife and I part exchanged our house with a builder who said our new house would be ready by January. We left our old house and moved back in with my dad in September (for what was supposed to be a short period). It ended up being almost a year and throughout this time all my collectibles, DVD's, videos and stuff were boxed up in my dad's spare room. I was so glad once we finally got moved in to our new houseand I could unpack everything again in my new collecting room. So I feel your pain when it comes to moving. Barring any nasty surprises I've no intention of moving for a good ten years now.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys! We had the movers in today to get all the big stuff, now we just have the bits of personal tchotchkes that we did not get packed up beforehand and stuff we're going to trash.

After getting over the hump, it's exciting to be putting stuff into place at our new house. Expect photos as soon as I get things together (like my shelves for my toys)....

Back