About my diorama work

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunedin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here are some details about my work on the temple-jungle-river diorama.

Trees
some trees are fake trees from pet shops
here are some examples:

fertig.jpg

some trees are real branches and roots like this one:

wurzeln.jpg

some trees are selfmade, using plaster bandages and polyurethane foam

selfmade1.jpg

selfmade2.jpg

selfmade3.jpg

river13.jpg

All the Green

here I used plastic plants, bought in giftshops, hobbyshops and in the reptile department of a pet shop

river19.jpg

Ground

thats coco from a headshop and some flakes from H0 shops and some little fake leaves as well.

floor.jpg

ta_prohm32.jpg

The River
The Water is real water with mud and sand. The riverbed is made of some garden foil that is used for little ponds. The bank is again polyurethane foam.

river03.jpg

river05.jpg

pier04.jpg

Temple
Here I work with a material that is called Modur. Its great and it's very easy to work on it and scratch structures

https://www.puren.eu/special-products/modur/index.html

ta_prohm8.jpg

the rest are some coats of paint and a little bit of H0 flakes for the moss

ta_prohm14.jpg

The buddhas are from giftshops and the relief is just a print

ta_prohm20.jpg

Bamboo Hut
The hut is build from balsa wood the walls are made out of a bamboo jalousie The roof is from a bamboo floor

bamboo11.jpg

Landing Stage
This is again made from balsa wood the little blue mussel are made from birdseed

river09.jpg

river10.jpg

The Boat

I bought the hull on ebay the rest is paint, bamboobranches beer coasters and sushi rolls made from bamboo es well

mq4.jpg

mq5.jpg

Taking pictures
during the shooting I used a fog machine and a little backlight to support the effect. It create something deeper and a good rainforest ambience

platoon03.jpg

platoon08.jpg

So I think thats it. Some work in progress pictures can be found on my homepage https://www.mickbaltes.de/af/diorama.htm

If i missed anything, don't hesitate to ask.

This work is fantastic ! :rock Very well done.
What would you recommend for a city ?. Say something like new york ?.
I'm thinking maybe just an alley or something.

As someone who has a lot of ideas, but little actual experience, I really appreciate you showing us your stuff and some tricks of the trade. Thanks!

thanks for all the little tips. great work in the details. i would love to tackle something like this but quite frankly i dont have the room. but not all dios have to be huge. i might try a smaller setup that would fit one or two figures. where's shai to rate this thread?? :D

:monkey5

Amazing work & thank you so much for sharing the info! Can't wait to see future projects from you.

Have you tried any futuristic cyberpunk-styled dioramas? I'd love to see a Blade Runner diorama in 1:6 :monkey5

Back