ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badcube themselves have confirmed via their Facebook page that a Huffer rerelease is definitely happening "soon" and it will also be retooled into Pipes this time.

In response to a question about Jazz possibly being one of their future figures on their FB page Badcube left a smiley face emoticon. This doesn't necessarily confirm anything but you know what the fandom is like for grasping at the tiniest straw and running with it :lol

There is also this image,

I think it's just some cool artwork to help promote Sunstreaker, others have circled the robot in the background and are claiming it's a sign that Badcube will be making their own version of Sideswipe :cuckoo:

Agreed. I mean, I guess they could do something up that's a bit more cartoon accurate, but seriously, what's the point? People aren't exactly clamouring for an MP Sideswipe V2... Lots of better choices for them at this point.

Leaving Jazz aside (not sure how I feel about them doing that), there are lots of characters that need to be done that would no doubt be received a lot better by the fandom, and I'm sure BadCube knows that. The only red Countach we'll be getting from them is a SunSurge Diaclone repaint. :)

Honestly, I'd want it to look like a gun! A P38 to be more specific. Megatron is a gun. Megatron is not a tank. The liberties that are taken with the characters from this franchise gets really absurd sometimes.

It's like turning Starscream into a washing machine... or Prime into a sail boat. Hell while we are at it, lets make wolverine Korean and doesn't have claws... Milking a product line and just making up crap is just ridiculous if you are asking for opinions.

Yeah. I mean, I'm fine with the idea, to be quite honest - just not as a Masterpiece, official or otherwise.

Badcubes Sunstreaker is looking awesome!

Just had a very delightful chat with Kapow Toys on the phone & they really couldn't be nicer people.
Made such a lovely change to the impersonal E-mail.

Anyway I had Fans Toys Bombshell on order with them & still hadn't been charged for the balance so was a little curious to what was going & well it turns out they never received their full allocation due to an issue with Fans Toys at the time so they were unable to fufil the order & actually stopped ordering anything direct from Fans Toys full stop
There were emails that went out to advise but I never saw one so now I am without :monkey2

All Fans Toys figures since him are ok as they have secured another 3rd party supplier to get their stock from so now worries with my Mercenary order which is good, but no Bombshell.

Can't get upset with Kapow they were so nice on the phone & apologetic & have offered to either refund the deposit or pop it onto something else which I will as soon as I decide what I want to pop it on to :)

Have been looking online for a suitable place to get Bombshell from but they are all sold out & Ebay is full of £100+ figures which is just too steep for him so may have to go without now :(

Neil

Have you tried TFSource? A friend got his from there and he didn't get hit with a customs charge.

If all else fails there's always the MMC Insecticons which look like a decent alternative if the Badcube ones aren't doing it for you.

Speaking of Badcube's Insecticons,

I got my KFC Blaster yesterday and think it's really nice. Build quality isn't the very best but still decent, everything tabs into it's proper place correctly and all the joints are solid. The figure feels similar to MP13 in how lightweight it is which is partially because the chest. is so hollow to allow for up to 3 tapes to fit inside.

I love the speakers that fit where his hands go and the way the transformation of the forearms works so you fold the hands away and put the speakers on the back of them is really nicely done.

Rewind looks a bit meh in tape mode as there's a crapload of visible screws but the robot mode is fine, earlier versions apparently had some issues with the weapons fitting in hands properly but that's been fixed for this version and he's as posable as MP Rumble & Frenzy.

For £100 it's pretty decent....MP Soundwave cost £60 more and that had less in the overall package.

DPrime,
Yeah, I think would be a bit strange if Badcube actually did Sideswipe, I'd be intrested to see it if they did though.

I'm hoping they do Cliffjumper, Gears & maybe Windcharger if the XTransbots one doesn't hit the mark.

I added Blaster & Rewind to my Autobot B Team shelf,

I've also rearranged my Decepticons to 2 seperate shelves instead of trying to cram everything on 1 shelf,

Do those Constructicons actually combine? That's sick!

Great collection, thecorsair!

I see you decided to keep Tracks, bud!

Do those Constructicons actually combine? That's sick!

Great collection, thecorsair!

I see you decided to keep Tracks, bud!

The Kidslogic figures are all non transforming so you'd have to buy Devastator and the Constructicons seperately.

Tracks is never going to be a favorite figure of mine but it doesn't look too bad in the right pose, just a pity it's so fiddly and that the car windows weren't tinted like all the previous carbots.

TFS Express have said they're getting Badcube Sunstreaker next week so it'll probably be the week after when I get mine....not a bad figure to start 2016 :)

Kool, I look forward to checking out your Bruticus review. I've been wanting it.

1-2.png

Nice. Whats your take on Apolloyon/Megs? Happy with it or stop gap?

For £100 I think Apollyon does the job very nicely, the robot mode looks fantastic which is all I needed.

G1 Megatron's transformation will be complex no matter who does it because getting a fairly realistic looking gun into that robot form without the ability to cheat physics leaves designers with few options.

As things stand the only way I'd replace Apollyon is if someone like Fans Toys came along and matched the general look of the robot mode and tweaked the following,

1.The inner leg kibble could possibly be a tad cleaner. As mine stays in robot mode it's not an issue as I just unscrewed the parts and took them off.

2.The face sculpt is generally pretty good, but the eyes aren't that well defined and in some cases has had dodgy paint apps. An improvement to that would be something that could be done. I would also have preferred another face sculpt with a pissed off expression to some of the stuff XTransbots included as they were very episode specific and totally unfamiliar to me.

3.The elbow joints look a bit gappy at certain angles. A relatively minor aesthetic thing, but something that could possibly be improved.

There's also the potential for making more of the thinner parts diecast to improve the durability for people who transform their figures more often as whilst an unavoidable part of the design the amount of thin panels makes the transformation kind of scary.

Badcube Sunstreaker gets it's first video review,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PiYvI8AyCE

Fans Toys Shrapnel review,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eou-DddVlfc

Fans Toys Sludge review,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDusWZaqlsQ

Man those sunstreaker shots look fantastic! Can't wait for him to show up!!

So I just found another YOTH prime buried in the box in the closet... forgot I had it. Picked up a new set earlier this year to do a custom trailer for a client... but forgot I still had the prime... so put him under the knife and plopped his ass on eBay...

Love how that YOTH can turn out w/ some modification!

Sunstreaker was one of the first G1 bots I had when I was a kid so he always has a warm spark in my heart (see what I did there?) I may have to get this badcube one just for pure nostalgia for the character.

No need for a Takara MP Sunstreaker..Badcube nailed it

Absolutely.

With the current design team I think any chance of an official one being better are slim and that's if it even happens at all....Lamborghini may not be down with Sunstreaker's alt mode diverting so much from a real world Countach or Takara may skip him as they'd sooner do another Beast Wars character or something.

The idea that they'll instantly make a better product is at best wishful thinking, as is any suggestion that they will make every single G1 character, they've increased production a bit of late, but it doesn't mean every character becomes financially viable.

Back