Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The after credit scene from AoU will likely be Scott Lang breaking into Pym's lab and stealing the costume.

I don't think the hold up was Wright? It had to be Marvel, no? Ant Man factors into Phase 3 does it not? Why would it have come out 7 years ago?

Agreed, how many times over the years did he have interviews where he said something about Marvel wanting another rewrite, etc... it seems at first they just didn't like what he was writing, then after Field announced its placement in the phases I'm sure he had to rewrite again to fit into its place. It's pure ignorance to assume Wright was the hold up, he probably should have parted the project long ago after Fiege kept asking for rewrites. I realize it's a process, but it had been covered on both sides many times that they didn't actually have a slate for the movie.

Seems like a lot of supposition going on by these "analysts" who "hear" that the script is a disaster and Disney is taking over and this and that. For me, it's about the product they put out, and so far they're putting out good to great product. If Ant-Man sucks, then so be it, but unlike the trainwreck that is DC/WB, I'm not going to write off Marvel when as far as we really know, Wright could have done more harm than good for the movie, and may genuinely have had off the rails ideas that wouldn't have translated into box office success.

Wait, Ant-Man has been a troubled production since 2007?

Well that clearly marked the end of decent Marvel movies as we saw in 2008.

And again in 2011.

And again in 2012.

And again in 2013.

And now in 2014 we have the awful CA:TWS with the dreadful looking GotG on the way.

AoU will clearly bomb in 2015 and I can't imagine the Russo brothers making a decent Cap movie in 2016.

Stupid Marvel and how they handled Edgar Wright. Doomed their whole darn cinematic universe. :cuss

I agree for the most part but Whedon seems worried though.

Had Whedon not went public then I would be more inline with that train of thought.

Whedon's got a big mouth and is a bit of a hypocrite. He complained that the triangle shaped arc reactor on the MK VI "looked like ass" in a video interview and then signed off on this awful thing. :lol

scarlett-johansson-chris-evans-jeremy-renner-avengers-park-ave-10__scaled_800.jpg

Then to make matters even worse he let Scarlett Johanssen go and replaced her with Andrew Garfield at the last minute.

widowdoub;e.jpg

Wait, Ant-Man has been a troubled production since 2007?

Well that clearly marked the end of decent Marvel movies as we saw in 2008.

And again in 2011.

And again in 2012.

And again in 2013.

And now in 2014 we have the awful CA:TWS with the dreadful looking GotG on the way.

AoU will clearly bomb in 2015 and I can't imagine the Russo brothers making a decent Cap movie in 2016.

Stupid Marvel and how they handled Edgar Wright. Doomed their whole darn cinematic universe. :cuss

:hi5: :clap

That Bad- Digest article........"The end of the Marvel movie age?"

Please. :rotfl

Yeah, it's kind of odd that of all things, problems on the ant man movie could be equated to a death knell for the MCU, especially if he's taken out of the Ultron equation, his history is getting minimized anyways.

Most directors out there are going to be supporting the right of other directors to express their artistic vision. I don't know that Whedon's picture suggests anything more than that.

I wouldn't weep too much if Whedon hit the road as well, to be honest. I enjoyed Avengers, and some of his other work, but don't think he's a great creative genius. There are lots of other guys out there who I'm sure could do a good job with Avengers. Marvel has done well mixing it up with different creative teams so far. Like I said earlier, once the movies start really feeling soulless, totally disjointed, or otherwise clueless, then I'll start worrying. But the executive leadership has steered this ship in a good direction so far IMO.

We'll know better when he gets removed tomorrow. :lol

Heads would roll. Joss and RDJ saw exactly what happened to Disney execs that tried to piss off Johnny Depp. If you're making the mouse huge cash, you're good. That's why when RDJ and Fiege were having their blowout pre IM3, smart money was on RDJ. If Wright had a 1.5 bil Disney flick under his belt, they wouldn't have asked underwriters to change his ****. :lol

Yeah, he definitely lost his payday potential. Good thing they got RDJ and Frozen. :lol

I don't care who directs this. I don't know much about who directed Thor, Thor 2, or either Cap movie. Those turned out ok.

I wouldn't weep too much if Whedon hit the road as well, to be honest. I enjoyed Avengers, and some of his other work, but don't think he's a great creative genius. There are lots of other guys out there who I'm sure could do a good job with Avengers. Marvel has done well mixing it up with different creative teams so far. Like I said earlier, once the movies start really feeling soulless, totally disjointed, or otherwise clueless, then I'll start worrying. But the executive leadership has steered this ship in a good direction so far IMO.

:horror :horror :horror

Back