Any American Freaks ever move abroad?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
So my girlfriend works for a large corp. (GE) and there is now a big possibility they might want to move her out of country in the next few years (Germany--cool b/c I took 5 years of the language in school OR Philippines, which is kinda scary even though that is her nationality). Her stipulation is that they would have to pay to move both of us and pay her enough to keep us both afloat if I couldn't get a job. My biggest concerns (besides being a Conn Yankee in King Arthur's court) are A.) Finding a job outside of teaching English and B.) moving my giant collection of toys to a place where space could be very limited.

Anyone here ever made a move overseas that wasn't through the military?

I haven't...well...if u count moving from Puerto Rico to USA, then yes.....but I think it's exciting that ur moving away.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Dinolast once moved from England to California and then back to England.....maybe he can help. :)

How long will the move last? 2 yrs, 5 yrs, 10yrs?

If it's only a couple of years, your best bet is to put most of your stuff in storage. No matter where you go space is going to be limited. I've lived in Italy and Korea and the standard living space is a lot less than what we're used to in the US.

And no one has closets.:horror:lol

i moved a broad once. she moved from an aprtment to a house so i helped. she had a lot of stuff. some of it was kinda heavy.

kinda like my story. I actually made a move on a broad once. Ended up marrying her too. True story. :monkey1

I think the smartest thing to do is move my collection back to my dad's house in Pittsburgh, even though I'm down here in Florida. I can use my old bedroom as free storage and not worry about safety or climate control. The cost of the move would probably be around $1000, but worth it to know it was safe.

I think the smartest thing to do is move my collection back to my dad's house in Pittsburgh, even though I'm down here in Florida. I can use my old bedroom as free storage and not worry about safety or climate control. The cost of the move would probably be around $1000, but worth it to know it was safe.

Good Idea! So when are u moving? Did they decide to move to Germany or Phillipines?

yep, just put it in storage or at your parents place.
i wouldn't move them overseas unless you know where you'd end up putting them, and know you'll be there for 10+ years.

Wow!!
Slade!!! Good luck man!! :rock
COnsidering the size of your collection, it should be quite the task!
But yeah if it's something temporary, your folks house sounds like a good idea.

Back