any countires you will not ship to and why not ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ymba

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Freaks

I am starting to sell a few figures :cuckoo: and have started selling on the bay.

I have heard horror stories of lost/stolen packages going to Mexico and France

Any truth to this or is this an urban legend ? Also what has your experience with shippping packages overseas and what countries do you avoid shipping to ?

thx

The only horror experience I encountered was when I shipped to Spain and of course (Many negatives) Italy. Spain was sent via surface so that can explain the delay but i've only shipped to Italy once (even after hearing the Ebay warning from sellers) and will never ship there again. It took WAY longer to arrive and was lost until I opened an investigation with Canada Post. I will never ship outside of North America unless the buyer is willing to pay the $90 tab for full insurance and tracking. ($90 to ship a HT's figure)

I don't do it anymore. I been taken shipping to anywhere overseas, even just to Puerto Rico, which was the last straw, where a buyer ripped me off for an AVP Pred. Said I shipped him an empty box and canceled the credit card attached to the account. I was told by PayPal that their "jurisdiction" stops at the border (including HI and AK though), and anything outside of the United States would rely only on there being money in the actual account to refund. Because of that, I don't sell overseas anymore.

If you get a signature confirmation and insurance on the package making sure it cannot be ship as "gift' arent' you usually safe ?

The only problem with only dealing inthe US is the economy is pretty bad and noone is buying

My .02

I've shipped throughout Europe, USA and Asia from the UK and never had a problem. If you do, just make sure it's tracked and insured. It is more of a ball ache than shipping in your own country, but you might get a little more for the sale.

If you get a signature confirmation and insurance on the package making sure it cannot be ship as "gift' arent' you usually safe ?

The only problem with only dealing inthe US is the economy is pretty bad and noone is buying

My .02

That can only help you on shipments within the U.S.

They don't have any control outside of the country

UK, Germany and Austria are European countries you can savely ship to.

Italy has a terrible postage system. We once sent about 30 DVDs to an artist's management in Italy. After over 3 (!) months the package came back, totally damaged. All DVD cases were crushed.
The Italian post claimed that the address doesn't exist although it was the right one. Luckily the package was insured.

Italy has customs problems I've heard, it takes too long to process and yes, packages are always damaged going to italy. No wonder sellers don't ship there.

Another problem is that most international buyers don't know that their packages has to go through customs and are subject for taxation, and when customs charge them, they blame it on the seller because of the "extra charge".

I ship figures everywhere except Italy. I ship statues in North America only.

Voorhees, I am surprised you have had issues with Spain. I have made allot of money shipping figures to spain.

I don't have any I won't ship too... can't recall if I've ever shipped to Italy or not.

But, I've had much more headache from US buyers and sellers than international ones :lol

I've had problems with customs holding up packages on international Ebay sales but they've always turned up.
I don't ship internationally on this board because the international buyers never want to pay the shipping. :lol
The only buyer who ever actually screwed me on Ebay was from Brooklyn. And he's since been banned. :rock

I ship figures everywhere except Italy. I ship statues in North America only.

Voorhees, I am surprised you have had issues with Spain. I have made allot of money shipping figures to spain.

Yeah well its not so much that I wouldn't ship to Spain anymore that i'm not gonna bother outside of N. America. There seems to always be some sort of problem when shipping to some European countries. HK has been decent though.

I dont ship to anyone outside the US. I do make exceptions to the Aussies because everytime Ive shipped there, they actually get it and they dont *&^% with me.

Ive heard horror stores about Italy and Brazil...

Believe it or not, the only country I have gotten screwed over numerous times ::drumroll:: Canada.

BUT it was on ebay....never on this board, from what I can tell, the Canadiens on this board have been pretty cool...

I dont ship to anyone outside the US. I do make exceptions to the Aussies because everytime Ive shipped there, they actually get it and they dont *&^% with me.

Ive heard horror stores about Italy and Brazil...

Believe it or not, the only country I have gotten screwed over numerous times ::drumroll:: Canada.

BUT it was on ebay....never on this board, from what I can tell, the Canadiens on this board have been pretty cool...

:clap:clap :goodpost:

I can't see what the problem is with some people not shipping to Australia.
There have been so many things i have wanted to buy but the seller said no i don't ship outside the US:cuckoo:
I have been willing to pay for the extra shipping and they still say no:gah:
I do thank some of you fellow freaks that have shipped to me :1-1:

If the buyer is willing to pay all shipping cost i don't really see the problem:dunno

:rock that's because we are :cool:

Besides, unless the item is over $1000AUD, there's no customs charges or anything, and just about all my items go through in under 30mins.

Also our postal system is generally pretty good, as long as the item is packed right, then it should arrive in the same condition it was sent.

i will never ship to Italy again!! what a horrible experience! I will not ship to any of the south American countries either! everywhere else so far i've had no issues

Aussies don't *&^% with anyone and nobody *&^% with aussies :lol

Seriously, I only starter buying off ebay 12 months ago. In that time me and my girl have had about 50 overseas transaction from the US, UK, Japan and Hong Kong. I've not had a single problem with any of my purchases, either at their end or mine.

Bummer for all you guys who've been burned - know how many times I visit the commerce section in this forum and the seller says "Shipping within US only" :gah:

I've had problems with customs holding up packages on international Ebay sales but they've always turned up.
I don't ship internationally on this board because the international buyers never want to pay the shipping. :lol
The only buyer who ever actually screwed me on Ebay was from Brooklyn. And he's since been banned. :rock

And then there was another scammer from the Bronx, who messed up a lot of folks on the forum (he was also banned). Bottom line, don't trust anyone from New York! Well... except me :D.

Back