Any love for the Toybiz line???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My collection back in the day

2005_0131collectionupdated0048.jpg

2005_0131collectionupdated0045.jpg

2005_0131collectionupdated0043.jpg

2005_0131collectionupdated0038.jpg

2005_0131collectionupdated0036.jpg

2005_0131collectionupdated0023.jpg

2005_0307things0015.jpg

Wow...nice collection...would have loved to get some of these again! I have actually OWNED two complete collections at points in my collecting days...alas, could not hold onto them.

Seeing these figures again gives me the itch...

Geb

Nobody misses TheGD.com quite like me! Thanks for the shout out...wish I could live in the past sometimes!

Wow nice! I still have a massive collection of Toy Biz for my kids. I am almost done reading the Fellowship of the Ring to my daughter (7) and my son is on the Hobbit (4).

I miss both the Green Dragon and Toy Biz :(

I miss Toybiz, and I miss the GD! :wave

With you on that Petrolos :wave

I'm sure we nearly broke Geb's heart at times. :lol

Nobody misses TheGD.com quite like me! Thanks for the shout out...wish I could live in the past sometimes!

Hi Geb, good to see you around mate. :wave

Yeah, those were the days for sure. :peace

Thanks so much for bringing it to us. :hi5:

Any chance of TheGD being reborn? :pray:

Wow nice! I still have a massive collection of Toy Biz for my kids. I am almost done reading the Fellowship of the Ring to my daughter (7) and my son is on the Hobbit (4).

I miss both the Green Dragon and Toy Biz :(

TheGD was the first LOTR fan site I dipped my toe in. Really miss it. :monkey2

From a re-birth perspective...I posted a new thread this morning under the action figures main banner on this forum...attempting to gauge interest in an 'action-figure' site...basically asking for ideas and what collectors want in terms of a web presence for collectiong figures and collectibles...getting NOTHING in terms of feedback or ideas...oh well...I'll give it a few days.

Don't let that keep you from doing it. I think the type of action figure this place collects tends to just be the 1:6th kind. I think you could generate some interest in the more generic action figures. You've got The Hobbit line and having more sites talk about their stuff would help promote it which is good for fans of Middle-earth. You could also go over the old Toy Biz you could bring to peoples attention. Maybe even mixing in some of the Marvel, SW, or Ninja Turtle stuff (this stuff is popular from what I learned voting in the ****ies). That might bring enough eyes to make it worth it.

Don't let that keep you from doing it. I think the type of action figure this place collects tends to just be the 1:6th kind. I think you could generate some interest in the more generic action figures. You've got The Hobbit line and having more sites talk about their stuff would help promote it which is good for fans of Middle-earth. You could also go over the old Toy Biz you could bring to peoples attention. Maybe even mixing in some of the Marvel, SW, or Ninja Turtle stuff (this stuff is popular from what I learned voting in the ****ies). That might bring enough eyes to make it worth it.

My LOTR Toybiz stuff is displayed and carefully waiting for my son (just turned one in Feb) to play with them--- along with my Marvel Legends, GI Joe, Transformers, SW, etc... you get the drift.

Love the action figure discussions.

My LOTR Toybiz stuff is displayed and carefully waiting for my son (just turned one in Feb) to play with them--- along with my Marvel Legends, GI Joe, Transformers, SW, etc... you get the drift.

Love the action figure discussions.

Nice! Sounds like he will have a lot of cool toys to play with. :rock

From a re-birth perspective...I posted a new thread this morning under the action figures main banner on this forum...attempting to gauge interest in an 'action-figure' site...basically asking for ideas and what collectors want in terms of a web presence for collectiong figures and collectibles...getting NOTHING in terms of feedback or ideas...oh well...I'll give it a few days.

You should open a thread here too Geb. :hi5:

For myself, I'm not much into Toybiz or Toybiz like figures. :(

It's more the Statue/Maquette and Premium Format I'm into. :yess:

The old TheGD was just fine...something there for everyone. :)

Why not stick with that. :lecture

Whatever you decide to do Geb, I wish you the best of luck with it mate. :wink1:

Back