Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so glad I finally was able to get the Conan PF. It is an amazing piece.

Surprised about the lack of Arnie Conan in general.
Arnie is popular.
Conan is popular.

Yet we see almost nothing come out.

Both Sideshow and Hot Toys have his likeness rights yet for years on end no one seems interested.

Even though the movie wasn't nearly as good, a Conan the Destroyer statue would sit nicely on the shelf.

As I've mentioned this before....doing an Arnie Conan figure is not only about getting the facial likeness. Since Conan is not wearing much clothing it's crucial to get the body proportions right, and joints will definitely need to be hidden. Some kind of a different advanced rubber body needs to be made exclusively for that figure.

! wish they will make conan Arnie again ..........i mean i know they will but in time :pray:

As I've mentioned this before....doing an Arnie Conan figure is not only about getting the facial likeness. Since Conan is not wearing much clothing it's crucial to get the body proportions right, and joints will definitely need to be hidden. Some kind of a different advanced rubber body needs to be made exclusively for that figure.

...just saw this....

not necessarily...there is a great custom here that shows off his leather jerkin/tanktop look along with braces on the wrists. Almost all the joints are hidden by that look and even the elbows are partly obsucred.
The figure looked amazing.

I'd rather have an official version of that than wait for a non-existent advanced exclusive rubber body that nobody has yet been able to figure out. Did you see the Enterbay Game of Death trainwreck?

Andy Bergholtz

Is he a well known sculptor? TBH IMO it looks better than any of Trevor Grove's from front on. Like I know it is Arnie straight away as soon as I see it front on, I can't see Arnie in Trevor's when the sculpt is shown front on. However, I definitely can see Arnie on certain Angles on Trevor's sculpts, well IMO at least.

He is, he's done quite a few items for Sideshow, DC and other companies. Andy is definitely one of the top sculptors in the business.

Here's his main page ABS Sculpture, you'll likely recognize many collectibles he is responsible for. Bummer about the Conan PF is Sideshow's paint really let down his stellar work :lecture

Not to show off... but here's a repainted version I own by Darkarist; looks 10X more badass than the production figuire:

bbw.jpg

aar.jpg

conanc.jpg

He is, he's done quite a few items for Sideshow, DC and other companies. Andy is definitely one of the top sculptors in the business.

Here's his main page ABS Sculpture, you'll likely recognize many collectibles he is responsible for. Bummer about the Conan PF is Sideshow's paint really let down his stellar work :lecture

Not to show off... but here's a repainted version I own by Darkarist; looks 10X more badass than the production figuire:

bbw.jpg

aar.jpg

conanc.jpg

That is the one you bought off ebay right?

Hey thanks for the link to his site.

bbw.jpg

aar.jpg

conanc.jpg

Darkartist one is GREAT but I for one have never had much of a problem with the paint. Yes the blood could be better but everything else in perfect IMO.

That is the one you bought off ebay right?

Hey thanks for the link to his site.

Yeah, he listed it and I jumped on it.

Darkartist one is GREAT but I for one have never had much of a problem with the paint. Yes the blood could be better but everything else in perfect IMO.

Really... I always felt the white was too bright and the eyes were kind of vacant. I like how the paint looks like it was hand applied on the repaint and you can see some of the fle___one through the white.

Different folks for different strokes, but I passed on owning the PF originally as I just could not get down with the paint apps.

Probably my favorite PF.
Its just awesome ...and Arnie's full body sculpt still easily stands with anything released today.

The paint isn't really movie accurate ....much too white....but I still think it looks great.

White paint looks fine to me. And I like his eyes. The sculpt itself lends to that vacant look as he does not look angry enough or something. Wven Darkartists has that stare (at least in the photos) But I don't care. I LOVE THIS STATUE and it is one I will Never Ever sell!!

Isn't the paint supposd to be white ? In the movie I thought he put on white and black paint ?

White paint looks fine to me. And I like his eyes. The sculpt itself lends to that vacant look as he does not look angry enough or something. Wven Darkartists has that stare (at least in the photos) But I don't care. I LOVE THIS STATUE and it is one I will Never Ever sell!!

I would agree with that... the face could use a bit more expression; but maybe not quite as much as the NECA version that looked like he smelled week old fish :lol

Isn't the paint supposd to be white ? In the movie I thought he put on white and black paint ?

It is, but not the cobnsistent white that Sideshow ended up with in production. I wasn't able to find a clear image online of Conan in the war paint, but the ones I did seemed to have quite a bit of variation which I'd assume is based on the image quality and saturation. But essentially the stock figure (to me) has to uniform of color and the black which should be more defined was not very strong.

More white
Conan-5.jpg

Less white
conan-barabarian-1-set-2.jpg

Conan+the+Barbarian+-+American+Film+May+1982+(1)+Arnold+Schwarzenegger.jpg

I've been thinking recently how much I love this move. Pretty much the perfect sword-and-sorcery flick and one that influenced me a lot as a teenager. I probably should've bought this when I had the chance, but I was hoping for a more iconic representation of the character, rather than just something from a particular scene like this.

I've been thinking recently how much I love this move. Pretty much the perfect sword-and-sorcery flick and one that influenced me a lot as a teenager. I probably should've bought this when I had the chance, but I was hoping for a more iconic representation of the character, rather than just something from a particular scene like this.

Conan is easily in my top 10... I know it's not objectively one of the 10 best films ever made but I love watching it. To me its almost the perfect fantasy adventure flick.

And in case you haven't seen it, avoid the new Conan. It was awful, totally generic Barbarian flick that was marginally better than SyFy originals :lol

I literally remember seeing that magazine on a rack at a grocery store in 1982 and being *fascinated* by that pic. What a blast from the past!

Yeah, I loved seeing magazines like that back in the day. We used to have a subscription to Starlog back in the day and I would always be amazed at the cool things coming up.

Yeah, maybe it is... still one of the best to me. So maybe saying IMO would have been better than possibly hurting Conan's feelings like I did :lol

Kind of like Bruce Campbell is one of the greatest actors of our time... :wink1:

Back