Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a little amateur photo editing to help visualize some of the suggested paint changes:

Arwencomparison2.jpg

Added some color to her cheeks and lips, made her eyes a deeper blue and more "doe-like," and slightly darkened her eyebrows.

Last edited:
Here's a little amateur photo editing to help visualize some of the suggested paint changes:

Arwencomparison2.jpg

Added some color to her cheeks and lips, made her eyes a deeper blue and more "doe-like," and slightly darkened her eyebrows.

tumblr_li0qqjwvSU1qa09q0.jpg

Might wanna Add some mascara and eye liner on as well. The eyes lack definition at the moment.

She could very well end up being one that make folks regret ordering her.

Arwencomparison2.jpg

Well done TripleCP, that does help a bit, color still looks a little washed out tho'.

Last edited:
Nice job TripleCP, that does help the likeness quite a bit.

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe Sideshow should get to see it.

:duff
Bill

The only problem is that you're using a badly washed out pic to make adjustments on. Its a nice idea but you need a better photo.

The only problem is that you're using a badly washed out pic to make adjustments on. Its a nice idea but you need a better photo.

Do you have a higher res close up of her face than the ones you already posted? I'll try playing with those a little tomorrow.

The ones I took and didn't upload to photobucket are probably a bit larger. PM me your email address and I can send you a couple.

Played with it a little more and reduced the exposure beforehand so the unedited pic would look less washed out. Added some definition to the eyes working mostly off the pic posted by willowcrew, filled in her eyebrows a little more, and went for even more of the "doe eyes" effect.

ArwenComparison3.jpg

GJ triplecp the paint really helps, that particular photo reminds me of Kate from LOST.

Josh was good enough to send me some of his full resolution shots, which aren't as washed out as the ones I worked off of before:

Arwencomparison4.jpg

Yeah, I had to really mute the colors I used on the previous one to get this to look right.

Arwencomparison5.jpg

Here's my edited one at better resolution.

Arwennew6.jpg

Of all the proposed adjustments, I think the darker eyes make the biggest difference.

I think that would really help for a lot of people (and I wouldn't complain either :)), but the likeness is still there for me, even as is.

Agreed! Even if they don't adjust it any the piece is quite good and looks like Liv. Though, Darkening the eyes and adding just a smidge of color to the cheeks would help just that much.

Premature it may be, but who has started emailing SS about this in the hopes it can get corrected before she ships (even though that is a ways out)?

Darkening the eyes will create a panda effect.

What we need is eyeshadow in the area just above the eye and under the eye brows to highlight liv tylers sexy brow.

Also, the size of the sculpted eyes are just a smidge too small. Liv tyler has pretty big doe eyes.

Everything else is good like the cheekbones and the lips.

By "darkening the eyes" I meant changing enlarging the iris and especially the pupil as well as making them a darker shade of blue. Arwen is usually seen either at night or in a tree-shaded area, whereas the example seen so far looks like she's looking towards the sun (pale blue color, pinhole pupils).

Also, I enlarged these areas in a way that has her looking more straight ahead than off to her right...that's the way the sculptor's mock up was painted and I think it looks better.

They'll have to be real careful when adding any makeup effects...I found myself always reducing the amounts I added.

Back