Asmus Toys: Eomer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Éomer

Eomer has been ordered!

EM0021-700x700.jpg

They've nailed it !!

a1d4d2f58f295a891d6bc334154b5bab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo Asmus! Absolutely wonderful attention to detail on the armour and cannot wait to have this guy in hand.

We are proud to present Eomer to all the fans and collectors looking for the next great figure in their Middle Earth collection. The limited 1500 pcs comes in full body armor with layered chainmail, details removable helmet and diecast Gúthwinë!

EM0000.jpg
EM0010.jpg
EM0014.jpg
EM0015.jpg
EM0016.jpg
EM0017.jpg
EM0020.jpg
EM0021.jpg
EM0022.jpg
EM0023.jpg
EM00125.jpg

Ordered. It’s funny. The sculpt is decent to good without the helmet. Put the helmet on and it knocks it out of the park.
Agreed. I think the main issue is the eyebrows angle (too straight)... BUT THIS IS EOMER!!! GRAIL PIECE!!!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Agreed. I think the main issue is the eyebrows angle (too straight)... BUT THIS IS EOMER!!! GRAIL PIECE!!!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's not perfect but the likeness is there. It would be much better with the helmet I guess

1da0c9c049165f5273d372fb1bf5ad41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The likeness isn’t quite there but it’s a great looking figure, but I’m not sure I’ll order him as without his horse he looks incomplete

Been collecting 1/6 scale since the 90s and I can't help but laugh how picky collectors are. The sculpt has to be a mirror image to the actor, it's insane. Compared to my older figures all these new ones are insanely good.

Been collecting 1/6 scale since the 90s and I can't help but laugh how picky collectors are. The sculpt has to be a mirror image to the actor, it's insane. Compared to my older figures all these new ones are insanely good.

Well, tho to be fair - and I haven't been collecting that long - I figure if I'm buying a fig or statue of a film character, it had better look like the character. And I don't get it either - like during the process if a sculpt clearly doesn't match the actor, why not go back and work at it until it does?

I know that's subjective to a degree and also there's the media used and 1/6 scale is pretty small, but look what happened to Gandalf the White. I expect a lot collecting because I KNOW a good portrait is do-able in poly and as 1/6 figs.

Like I skipped HT's Civil War Antman 'coz I thought it was a great portrait of Ben Affleck. I've seen figs of Jack Sparrow that to me looked more like a Jesus figure than anything - as well as a very high end Jack Sparrow that looked to me like a JS on a 3-month cheeseburger and pizza binge. I've got all of the HT Jack Sparrows but the early ones IMO just sort of look like relatives of the later ones.

ASMUS deserves a lot of kudos for engaging directly with fans and working at portraits (and doing outstanding costumes and details within a price range...)

Anyway I will order but waiting on Sideshow as I wanna go through them for Eomer. I actually am liking this portrait a lot as Urban has a great glare LOL:cool:. Also, it's completely different than the wide open Helm's Deep charge poly Eomer by WETA $$$$$.

FirefootBrego.jpg

firefoot2.jpg

Quick search - doesn't seem to be a lot about Firefoot but far as I can tell he was an "average" size horse - not huge - no expert but maybe something like an Arabian/quarterhorse mix, a bit shorter than Brego. So I think I can find something online that will work.

Back