Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Facebook images I just saw all say Morgul... so hopefully just a mistake and not some kind of side-stepping of the license.

I'm going to hold off until a retailer shows up that I'm familiar with. Looks like the Monkey one is recommended by them, but I've never heard of them.

Not that there is anything wrong with monkeys per se. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I just want a seller I'm used to and can get a better shipping rate. It would be great if BBTS offered these.

IMG_4513%20copy.jpg

IMG_4519%20copy.jpg

IMG_4508%20copy.jpg

IMG_4500%20copy-1.jpg

Just preordered this bad boy ! Holy cow . I just noticed this today while on vantage collectibles site and I hit the preorder button immediately . This looks phenomenal ! I'm a little upset that my card was fully charged already even though its a preorder . Can anyone tell me about this company who makes this figure ? Are they a trust worthy company ?

Asmus have been around for a while and i know people who have bought their figs and a few boardies as well.

Asmus have upped their game with this official line as in the past it was more of a custom figure company.

Looks like there off to a great start ! Lets cross out figures . Lololo I home the body they use is solid and not cheap .

Just preordered this bad boy ! Holy cow . I just noticed this today while on vantage collectibles site and I hit the preorder button immediately . This looks phenomenal ! I'm a little upset that my card was fully charged already even though its a preorder . Can anyone tell me about this company who makes this figure ? Are they a trust worthy company ?

Hi sixxshooter,

Just saw your order come in, thanks for that. The credit card issue is a bit frustrating for us, because it seems to treat certain cards differently. We have our system set up to authorize your card at the time of purchase, just to make sure the credit card is valid, but we don't actually charge your card until it ships. Unfortunately, some banks treat this authorization as an actual charge, and place it on your account right away. In theory, the charge should drop away after a few days, but it really depends on your bank. You might want to check with them to see what their policy on authorizations is.

Any other questions, just let us know.

Asmus have been around for a while and i know people who have bought their figs and a few boardies as well.

Asmus have upped their game with this official line as in the past it was more of a custom figure company.

Hi sixxshooter,

Just saw your order come in, thanks for that. The credit card issue is a bit frustrating for us, because it seems to treat certain cards differently. We have our system set up to authorize your card at the time of purchase, just to make sure the credit card is valid, but we don't actually charge your card until it ships. Unfortunately, some banks treat this authorization as an actual charge, and place it on your account right away. In theory, the charge should drop away after a few days, but it really depends on your bank. You might want to check with them to see what their policy on authorizations is.

Any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks for the information on my preorder . I'm glad you cleared this up with me . It might have been because I used PayPal with my credit card . Anyway it ok . Now that I'm talking with you I feel much better. Looking forward to getting this awesome looking figure .

Does anyone know when this figure is supposed to start shipping ? Will it be the first week in July ? I hope so .

I wonder what the odds are of Asmus producing the full Fellowship. I know Sideshow did most of them, but their renditions, in some cases, aren't really up to par with some of today's sixth scale offerings. It would be great to have the Fellowship Nine in their Moria gear. That's certainly something I, among others, have always wanted.

The witch king is a great looking figure, but all I want are the fellowship as well. Looking forward to Aragorn, Gandalf (though I would prefer Grey to White) and Gimli. Definitely hoping for the rest! Boromir most of all, as I'm a big Sean Bean fan.

The witch king is a great looking figure, but all I want are the fellowship as well. Looking forward to Aragorn, Gandalf (though I would prefer Grey to White) and Gimli. Definitely hoping for the rest! Boromir most of all, as I'm a big Sean Bean fan.

Asmus Gandalf is going to be the White? Id much rather the Grey also!

Latest posts

Back