Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though the article mentions a "chalk white appearance", that's a more recent and not well received look that was tried in the comics.
Joss may start him off pale but can see Jarvis/Vision experimenting with his new found physicalities and appearance.
I remember Joss vetoing the triangle on the Ironman armor and proclaimed the circle as the canon look so I'm sure he'll have an old school out look on the Vision as well...I hope.

Thank goodness Bryan Singer has no say on the design...

WB would give Vision jail tattoos and a Vanilla Ice baseball cap. :lol

:lol

url

Sooperheero!

I know nothing about this character, but it sounds like the logical next step after the remote controlled suits in Iron Man 3. Build a fully functional android with the Iron Man technology and allow Jarvis total control. Not that much of a stretch from what we've already seen. I don't know how blasphemous that concept is compared to whatever history the character has in the comics, but I could see it working in the cinematic universe. I have enjoyed the Stark/Jarvis relationship and evolving it by giving him a body of his own to interact with could be fun.

Even though the article mentions a "chalk white appearance", that's a more recent and not well received look that was tried in the comics.
Joss may start him off pale but can see Jarvis/Vision experimenting with his new found physicalities and appearance.
I remember Joss vetoing the triangle on the Ironman armor and proclaimed the circle as the canon look so I'm sure he'll have an old school out look on the Vision as well...I hope.

Yeah, I see the chalk skin as a tribute to the original Kirby Vision from the 40's, much like Stark started off in the Mk I armor.

How exactly did they get the Batman/Superman movie info completely wrong? I don't recall that movie being released yet?

File this under History Lesson:

IGN:

The Vision / Human Torch Connection

We know that the Vision will be in Avengers: Age of Ultron, played by Paul Bettany. But is it possible that we’ve already seen the android Avenger in the Marvel movie-verse, albeit in a different form?
Flashback to Captain America: The First Avenger and what at the time seemed like a fun Easter egg more than anything else… but now could possibly have bigger ramifications. During the scene when Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes visit the Stark Expo, an inanimate, red-garbed figure can be glimpsed briefly, contained in a glass tube. It is a science exhibit at the fair, with a big sign hanging above that says “Dr. Phineas Horton Presents The Synthetic Man.” And who is the Synthetic Man? Well, it’s the original Human Torch of course (not to be confused with the Fantastic Four version), who debuted in 1939 in Timely Comics, the company that would evolve into Marvel eventually. He was an android created by the scientist Professor Horton, and in fact was also a partner of Captain America’s during World War II in the super-group known as the Invaders.

But his connection to Cap doesn’t end there. In the comics, the Torch (a.k.a. Jim Hammond) eventually morphed into the Vision, who would go on to join the Avengers. Originally it was revealed that the villainous Ultron had modified the Torch’s deactivated body and turned it into the Vision, complete with a wiped memory and new personality. That would later be retconned to explain that the time-travelling Avengers foe Immortus had created an alternate timeline version of the Human Torch; one version became the Vision under Ultron’s machinations, with the other remained the Torch (who was eventually revived in the modern era).
Of course, there’s no telling at this time whether or not the Torch spotted in Captain America: The First Avenger will somehow be connected to the creation of the Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron. But let’s not forget, Tony Stark’s father Howard was running Stark Expo where Horton was showing off his Synthetic Man. Maybe he’s still lying around Tony’s lab somewhere?

That is awesome, never noticed that when I watched cap. It's a prime opportunity for marvel but theyll likely dumb it down to accommodate the lowest common denominator and ruin it

File this under History Lesson:

IGN:

The Vision / Human Torch Connection

We know that the Vision will be in Avengers: Age of Ultron, played by Paul Bettany. But is it possible that we’ve already seen the android Avenger in the Marvel movie-verse, albeit in a different form?
Flashback to Captain America: The First Avenger and what at the time seemed like a fun Easter egg more than anything else… but now could possibly have bigger ramifications. During the scene when Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes visit the Stark Expo, an inanimate, red-garbed figure can be glimpsed briefly, contained in a glass tube. It is a science exhibit at the fair, with a big sign hanging above that says “Dr. Phineas Horton Presents The Synthetic Man.” And who is the Synthetic Man? Well, it’s the original Human Torch of course (not to be confused with the Fantastic Four version), who debuted in 1939 in Timely Comics, the company that would evolve into Marvel eventually. He was an android created by the scientist Professor Horton, and in fact was also a partner of Captain America’s during World War II in the super-group known as the Invaders.

But his connection to Cap doesn’t end there. In the comics, the Torch (a.k.a. Jim Hammond) eventually morphed into the Vision, who would go on to join the Avengers. Originally it was revealed that the villainous Ultron had modified the Torch’s deactivated body and turned it into the Vision, complete with a wiped memory and new personality. That would later be retconned to explain that the time-travelling Avengers foe Immortus had created an alternate timeline version of the Human Torch; one version became the Vision under Ultron’s machinations, with the other remained the Torch (who was eventually revived in the modern era).
Of course, there’s no telling at this time whether or not the Torch spotted in Captain America: The First Avenger will somehow be connected to the creation of the Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron. But let’s not forget, Tony Stark’s father Howard was running Stark Expo where Horton was showing off his Synthetic Man. Maybe he’s still lying around Tony’s lab somewhere?

Here's the Synthetic Man in CA:TFA.

View attachment 92855

Very, very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Will be interesting to see how this pans out if connected.... :lecture

Back