B.O.T.I - Y J Project - Manji

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. Why does he have a Swastika on his back?

Mega congrats on the score.

The symbol as it is used in Buddhist art and scripture is known in Japanese as a manji (literally, "the character for eternality" 萬字), and represents Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. When facing left, it is the omote (front) manji, representing love and mercy. Facing right, it represents strength and intelligence, and is called the ura (rear) manji. Balanced manji are often found at the beginning and end of Buddhist scriptures (outside India).

Buddhism originated in the Indian subcontinent in the 5th century BC and inherited the manji. These two symbols are included, at least since the Liao Dynasty, as part of the Chinese language, the symbolic sign for the character 萬 or 万 (wàn in Mandarin, man in Korean, Cantonese and Japanese, vạn in Vietnamese) meaning "all" or "eternality" (lit. myriad) and as 卐, which is seldom used. A manji marks the beginning of many Buddhist scriptures. The manji (in either orientation) appears on the chest of some statues of Gautama Buddha and is often incised on the soles of the feet of the Buddha in statuary. Because of the association of the right-facing swastika with Nazism, Buddhist manji (outside India only) after the mid-20th century are almost universally left-facing: 卍. This form of the manji is often found on Chinese food packaging to signify that the product is vegetarian and can be consumed by strict Buddhists. It is often sewn into the collars of Chinese children's clothing to protect them from evil spirits.

In 1922, the Chinese Syncretist movement Daoyuan founded the philanthropic association Red Swastika Society in imitation of the Red Cross. The association was very active in China during the 1920s and the 1930s.
-wikipedia

yjproject01.jpg

yjproject04.jpg

manji_01.jpg

manji_02.jpg

yjproject05.jpg

manji_03.jpg

Thanks for sharing... have to say it really seems like Korea is where its at for custom figures/art figures. Its amazing to see where the bar is being set :rock

man this is a really breath taking fig, it think the only thing left is for it to speak cuz it looks so lifelike. simply amazing indeed!!!!!

As a long time fan of the award winning Blade of the Immortal I am astounded. This is not only the greatest Manji figure I have ever seen but quite possibly the greatest samurai figure period. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved your rundown of the series so far and can't wait for future volumes.

Thanks for all your comments guys!!! Really appreciate them

Yeah i have to agree and say that this is without doubt the best 1/6 scale figure out there and i dont just mean that because i have got one.

Ji Hun the main guy behind this figure is working on another custom as we speak!!! All top secret right now!!! How excited am i lol

The figure is way too cool!!

If my money is not tied up elsewhere then I will be on the line getting one!!

I posted on Zuno's thread over at OSW and asked if YJ Project needs a EU distributor!!:lol

The figure is way too cool!!

If my money is not tied up elsewhere then I will be on the line getting one!!

I posted on Zuno's thread over at OSW and asked if YJ Project needs a EU distributor!!:lol

Yes this figure is so cool its not even funny how cool it is.

Yeah if you can afford it dude it would be the best figure in your collection i can tell you that for nothing lol

Do you want me to bring it over when i collect jack?

Yes this figure is so cool its not even funny how cool it is.

Yeah if you can afford it dude it would be the best figure in your collection i can tell you that for nothing lol

Do you want me to bring it over when i collect jack?

You mean do a swop shop for Bauer - OK:lol:D

Back