Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

Worse comes to worst, it doesn't look like you would lose any articulation by glueing it.

Very interesting a similar kind of set-up connects the neck socket piece to the outer head of the 10th Doctor figure. I know, because mine wasn't glue or not glued properly and it comes right off.

It wasn't an issue because the head stays on just fine, and if I needed to I could always glue it. I just thought it was interesting versus making the head one piece.

yeah was just thinkin on where is the ankle artic? is it higher up maybe?

via BCS on FB-
"We are up to date with the shipping out of all paid for orders to date, with the most recently received going out tomorrow. Please note that we will not be processing orders for shipping after 10 am (UK time) Friday 20th December to meet the cut off point for our carriers.

BIG Chief will be closed for the Christmas week and will not re-open for business until Thursday 2nd January 2014.

Although we will be taking orders, we will not be processing paid for orders for shipping until we return in the New Year.

We will be sorting out the replacement Amy Pond heads upon our return. Look out for the sign-up page for the remaining 25 pieces of the 10th Doctor 50th Anniversary 1:6 Scale Collector Figure Exclusive Edition, which will be posted soon.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your custom throughout this past year. We are looking forward to 2014 and a brand new website (at last)! We have lots of exciting new products for next year and cannot wait to share these with you.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!

Thanks
BCS"

994413_670190463004530_1030117685_n.jpg

The reason why I am swapping all of mine to Hot Toys Slims. :lecture

Ah. SIMILAR. :(

Someone a few pages back swapped them for some New Line WWII officers boots. They looked much better and a big improvement.

Ah. SIMILAR. :(

He wore different shoes in the different seasons with different coats, I am sure that there is 1/6 footwear that would be correct for his red coat attire.

Took the wire out of the scarf on mine, it was just irritating the hell out of me. It still doesn't hang quite as nicely as I'd like due to the material selection used, but at least it's a bit more natural, and it actually wraps around properly now.

Unfortunately Tom has the floppiest body of any 1:6 piece I have ever owned, so displaying him is already a bit of a worry.

The ball joint is just above the "ankle". I assume they did it that way so the socks tuck into the shoes and look nice, and they do.

Just glue it back into the shoe and call it a day.

Took the wire out of the scarf on mine, it was just irritating the hell out of me. It still doesn't hang quite as nicely as I'd like due to the material selection used, but at least it's a bit more natural, and it actually wraps around properly now.

Unfortunately Tom has the floppiest body of any 1:6 piece I have ever owned, so displaying him is already a bit of a worry.

Wonder if any customizers out there can take on a custom scarf with some heavier/thicker material.

As soon as I get Tom some new boots, I'm porting mine over to the Hot Toys Slim. These bodies are just too wobbly and so are the joints.

Ouch! Sorry the figure arrived that way, Bloodgear- what will
you do about it?

That is just the ankle connector (where the ball of the foot peg fits inside) it should be glided into the the shoe. It just needs to be glued into the shoe again. Articulation is the same as hot toys. The sock should just be pulled over it so it looks like an ankle :)

Plenty brown brogues on ebay.

I may try out a TT slim, just to see.

I'm almost tempted to get a second one. I've wanted something like this ever since I was a kid and I'd be crushed if something happened to him. I think I have a problem rofl. Wish they weren't so expensive

I have just been contacted by Daron Woodward's wife Sharon. Apparently Daron suffered a massive heart attack last night and sadly passed away. Daron was a true gent and a great friend of BIG Chief. Our thoughts are with Sharon and her family, even more so at this time of year. Rest in peace Daron, you will be missed.
The BIG Chief Team

I have just been contacted by Daron Woodward's wife Sharon. Apparently Daron suffered a massive heart attack last night and sadly passed away. Daron was a true gent and a great friend of BIG Chief. Our thoughts are with Sharon and her family, even more so at this time of year. Rest in peace Daron, you will be missed.
The BIG Chief Team

Daron=DGTWoodward!!!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

RIP brother!

This ssssssssssssuuuuuuuucccccckkkkks!

Back