Blackwater Question)))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oazen

Freakzoid
Reaction score
A question for my friends .... The Members of Blackwater security team not have a specific uniform, right? Or not?
They follow a pattern?
Specific weapons and equipments?

thanks

One of my brothers works for them. My other brother said this is what they wear. We might make a figure of him. Don't know how accurate this info is, just what my brother told me.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIVH-U030

I checked a few of his "work" pics on his Facebook account - he was wearing a green shirt in 3, a tan shirt in one, and a long-sleeved black shirt in one. I'll see if he will let me share the pictures...

Last edited:
The ballcap, Oakleys, black polo, tan cargo pants and maybe a black or camo vest is the most recognizable "Blackwater" look. I think, in reality, their attire is dependent on the mission (kinda like a Delta operator), not standardized, and can range from street clothes to full-camo tactical or military gear.

SnakeDoc

My brother got back to me with this:

Basically yeah, the company is Xe. Generally it depends on the type of environment for kit, like, in high threat environments doing high threat motorcades you would wear high pro kit, where you can see the body armor and all that. We do low pro here, meaning thin armor and ammo is hidden under a shirt. Polo shirts are very uncommon, as you can't wear armor UNDER it. So we wear earth tone collared shirts with buttons. Some guys are being made to now wear suit jackets and slacks! Depending on the team. Can you just right click my pics and save them? I don't have those pics on this computer. We have M4's with a 10 inch barrel, and Glock 19's. HOpe that helps

:)Allison

Greg1.jpg

Greg2.jpg

Greg3.jpg

Greg4.jpg

Greg5.jpg

If you want to read a GREAT book on Private Military Contractors, I highly recommend Big Boy Rules by Steve Fainaru. Whether you agree or disagree with PMCs is up to you to decide.

The guys are issued 5.11 shirts and pants, original SWAT boots or Danners boots. Gear is a personal choice as long as it is not camo. Clothing is pretty much a personal choice as well, you don't have to wear what they issue, but no jeans or anything like that. Outdoor clothing such as North Face, Mountain Hardware, REI, etc is pretty popular because it is usually pretty rugged. Weapons are issued M4 Carbines, Glock pistols with M249 and M240 as support weapons.

Please keep in mind that this is applies to the Protective Details that run in certain hot spots.

Let's just say that I have some insight on this subject :wink1:

If you want to read a GREAT book on Private Military Contractors, I highly recommend Big Boy Rules by Steve Fainaru. Whether you agree or disagree with PMCs is up to you to decide.

I've heard of this book too. My friend keeps trying to get me to read it, but I just haven't had time to get it.

Hmm sounds pretty intersting. I read an article about the guy who started Blackwater, when it was called that. A great read.

Back