Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we know Walt is no longer a good guy. But seeing him go from "crying about Skylar" to "stone faced cyber criminal" back to "reminiscing over pictures" was shocking.

Also, we also all know that Breaking Bad is one of the most oppressive, claustrophobic, stressful shows on TV. But not only does it make for great television, it makes for what seems like extra episodes.

Because while most great shows fly by and make you think "that was a fast 22/45/etc minutes", every episode of BB feels like a 3 hour miniseries.

Question.... Do you think it's in poor taste for Mr. Gilligan and co., that have turned their lead character Walt, who used to be very sympathetic, (almost empathetic), the somewhat anti-hero/good bad guy, into this dark cold and calculating capitalist? I only ask, because it leaves very little room for the viewer to care or root on the guy. The sole purpose of this show. In the end, everyone wants that feel-good pay off.

Either way, I love the direction this series is heading. It's spiralling out of control and is getting more intense with every passing episode. I am just waiting for either one or both of Mike and Walt to snap on each other or for Skyler to go completely off the deep end.

Question.... Do you think it's in poor taste for Mr. Gilligan and co., that have turned their lead character Walt, who used to be very sympathetic, (almost empathetic), the somewhat anti-hero/good bad guy, into this dark cold and calculating capitalist? I only ask, because it leaves very little room for the viewer to care or root on the guy. The sole purpose of this show. In the end, everyone wants that feel-good pay off.

Not at all. We don't need a happy ending in every show. Hell, we don't even need to like the main character. This show is about a lot of things, not just a meth maker/seller. But most importantly, the show is about Walt's journey. Whether that journey takes him into a family man that died and left his family a lot of money to live on, or takes him into becoming a drug lord whose morals haven't been seen for years, it doesn't matter. As long as the ride is intense and fun, I don't care where it ends up.

And oddly enough, I still am on Walt's side. It's largely a by-product of being with him for so long. I might wince at some of his choices, but he's my guy. I'd say he's an anti-hero, but even that might be too nice a description.

Not at all. We don't need a happy ending in every show. Hell, we don't even need to like the main character. This show is about a lot of things, not just a meth maker/seller. But most importantly, the show is about Walt's journey. Whether that journey takes him into a family man that died and left his family a lot of money to live on, or takes him into becoming a drug lord whose morals haven't been seen for years, it doesn't matter. As long as the ride is intense and fun, I don't care where it ends up.

And oddly enough, I still am on Walt's side. It's largely a by-product of being with him for so long. I might wince at some of his choices, but he's my guy. I'd say he's an anti-hero, but even that might be too nice a description.

Yeah, but we live in a cookie cutter world, where everyone wants to see the good guy win or make it out on top. Or see the bad guy become the good guy... Eh, it's a nice change of pace. Walt breaking from that logic, and turn into a bad ass, I don't care about anyone else, capitalist... who's out for Number 1. Because he's going so dark, and the fact he is scaring not only his wife and his partner, but now the fact Mike is starting to feel threatened by his actions... it makes for interesting TV. Funny, these type of shows usually fail to entertain me. Real life setting dramas. I am the type of guy who goes for the sci-fi/horror stuff like Buffy/Angel, True Blood, and Futurama. Off the wall stuff. I love zombies and the Walking Dead books, and my all-time favorite film is a Frank Darabont classic, the ShawShank Redemption. But here I am, totally turned off by the Walking Dead AMC series and absolutely in love with Breaking Bad. Go figure.

Last edited:
I wonder if Walt might just kill Skylar before the show is over to keep her from giving out information about him or another reason.

I think is funny how at first I was hoping that nothing happened to them, and I was hoping they got away with it, hoping no one got hurt,
thinking maybe the guy on the top would get hurt by falling or something,
but then at the end that changed,

Either way, I love the direction this series is heading. It's spiralling out of control and is getting more intense with every passing episode. I am just waiting for either one or both of Mike and Walt to snap on each other or for Skyler to go completely off the deep end.

Vic Mackey in The Shield was a character in the same cloth as Walt. And that series didn't end with a happy ending and it was perfect.

I wonder if Walt might just kill Skylar before the show is over to keep her from giving out information about him or another reason.

It is possible that the writers use of Skyler's increasing smoking and that ricin cigarette that Walt still has might be related.

Pinkman challenged Walt about his sudden interest in cooking meth and getting into a life of crime in the pilot episode:

"What, you just decided to break bad one day?"

That's when he became a Bad Guy. :lecture

Back