Brinn 71's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS guys! It only took me a YEAR! :slap

My reference:

attachment.php

Last edited:
The weathering totally sells it for me Brinn. It looks so real. Blast off.

Hey fellow Freaks! I've decided to make a Tusken Raider custom out of some Sideshow pieces and some Hasbro. I also want to tweak my SS Tusken's leg wraps and cloak colouring. Here we go....

Here is my SS Exclusive Tusken on the left, and my hybrid Tusken on the right:
attachment.php

I've used a Hoy Toys Narrow Shoulder-like body I had, with a SS costume and Gaffi with a Hasbro head, which I will mod and re-paint later. You'll notice he's barefoot for now. MAN I hate the cloak colours.... :monkey4
With them is the fabric I will use for the arm and leg wraps.

So I cut strips of the fabric and readied them to add to the figure legs:
attachment.php

Here is one leg wrapped:
attachment.php

On the second leg you can see what I did to the first foot and ankle. I basically filled in the ankle area with sponge, to give it a shape and keep it poseable. I first glued thicker pieces of fabric on the top of the foot and behind the foot heel. Then I wrapped up the foot, allowing no 'flesh' to show through.

All done!
attachment.php

After wrapping everything, I just shot it with Krazyglue to keep the fabric in place. I also wraped the wrists. The material is a good start, but I will dye it the proper colour and add 'dirt' weathering. Look ma! No stand! :lol

I also added wrapping to his neck. The head isn't finished either, I will mod that with some SS detailing later.

And here they GO! I am removing the reddish SS cloak colour here and will re-dye them the proper colour and weather them. More on this later.
attachment.php

And here are the Tusken brothers. My custom on the left is dressed in all except the cloak, which I still have to dye the right colour. The SS Tusken on the right is wondering if he can have some new, snazzy leg wraps like his brother here:
attachment.php

Side by side foot wraps for comparison. SS on the left, my custom on the right:
attachment.php

Super informative. Thanks Brinn. I like it when people show the "behind the scenes" work. What type of fabric is that? How wide do you think those strips are? I have tried some wrapping on a ventress but it just didn't look good. Your wrappings look great!

Thanks Cc3680! I've been asked in the past 'how did you do that' and was so excited to do the work I forgot to take pictures along the way, so now I make sure I do. Plus, I got this Tusken mod idea on this forum, so it's great to share the idea back.

The fabric is thin cotton, so there's some give to it, and I cut them into strips about three quarters of a inch to an inch wide. Sine they were for Tuskens I also cut them with jagged edges. Not pretty. And I made sure the fabric was thin so my custom wouldn't have the thick 'boot' feet like the SS version. Also, I got fabric that won't flay at the edges over time.

That looks great!

Quote:
"Look ma! No stand!"
I know, that bugs me too when a figure can't stand on its own. The loose ankle joints made me consider some kind of rework.
Gonk work, I mean great work.

looks great brinn.............i really like how you wrapped the feet & have it tucked in at the front. good stuff my friend. can't wait to see the weathered robes as well.

Small update. Tusken on the right has a new hybrid Hasbro/Sideshow noggin.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I liked the different bandages from the Hasbro Tusken so I shaved the head down and scalped the other. It worked! WHEW!!

Now to paint it to match the other and bring out the details....

All this to satisfy my nit-picky nature....no two Tusken's have the same head wraps. ;)

Last edited:
They both look sweet, Brinn! This is why I can't come in here though. I always wind up wanting Tusken Raiders.

Great work on them sandies! I love the costume variations.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Back