Bubo Creature Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booyah! said:
Exactly. The Probes were announced with Maul. Salacious with Jabba. I would think some regular sized fig will be offered along side the Bubo pack. Lando Skiff, Tessek, Ree-Yees, Weequay, or a couple Gamorrean Gaurds would add to the Jabba set quite nicely.

As far as what's in with Bubo, maybe he doesnt come with any other creatures. Maybe a piece of scenery instead, like the stairs and doorway where he is chained up?

That would be awesome, but now you got my hopes up. :emperor

Sachiel said:
That would be awesome, but now you got my hopes up. :emperor

He's held by a Jawa in the film. That'd be a great way to introduce a shorter body and see what the public thinks of the design.

I'd love to see Tessek.

EVILFACE said:
I really have no excitement for Bubo unless they are including with say Lando.

Same here but not I have no interest in a Skiff Guard Lando. But I think a jawa is an intriguing possibility.

I'd really like a Skiff Guard Lando to go with the whole Jabba set up.

No, not the skiff guard Lando! I'd rather have him as the administrator of Bespin; a real scoundrel, gambler, card player! Blue cape and all. Being between a rock and a hard place, the Bespin Lando is a much more interesting character than all the other Lando's we see in the movies. Not sure what the exclusive item should be though. NOT a bottle of Colt 45 for sure.

https://www.geocities.com/Area51/3642/lando.htm

Alice Adrenochrome said:
No, not the skiff guard Lando! I'd rather have him as the administrator of Bespin; a real scoundrel, gambler, card player! Blue cape and all. Being between a rock and a hard place, the Bespin Lando is a much more interesting character than all the other Lando's we see in the movies. Not sure what the exclusive item should be though. NOT a bottle of Colt 45 for sure.

I want that Lando to be made as well. :D

No one want General Lando? I thought that was a cool outfit and SS could do some great things with it, like a real metal chain on the cape and stuff. I guess you like what you like.

I surely like the idea of a Jawa too. Im still wondering why they chose to put that on the back of the box and not debut it in the Newsletter. Maybe it's a Con Exclusive? That would surely be a way to add something for the summer cons and make it not too much of a loss for anyone who doesnt get it. With that in mind, does SS do any east coast cons? If not, why not?

Alice Adrenochrome said:

I wouldn't mind "Skiff Guard Lando", but I'd like to see a "Bespin" one first as well....HOWEVER...I also recall how the Hasbro version (which was actually one of the nicer looking 12" figures they did) just SAT everywhere not selling back in the day...

Having said that, I'd consider the "Bespin" version the iconic version of Lando and a possible candidate for PF format...
An exclusive for a standard Bespin Lando? How about that "communication wand" he alerts the city with during the escape to the Falcon?

tomandshell said:
If it had a Jawa they would call it a Jawa creature pack. There's 1000 times more name recognition in a Jawa than Bubo.

I agree....
While I like the idea of "Jawa with Palm Frond" (jeez, that sounds a little silly:eek: ), I think the jawa will find it's way into the collection in a different way, like (hopefully) a two or three pack of varied ones...one with holsters/bandoliers, one not, different heights (I know...I'm dreaming) or different robe colorations...

Back to Bubo....I'm stuck as to what else will be included with him...anything else in the throne room (or Sail Barge) sounds too big or important on it's own (B'omarr Monk) to be part of the pack....we'll see.

I can't imagine a Jawa anyway, they'd need a body like Yoda or something that Sideshow probably still has in R&D. Like I've said before, there could be many other background critters in the palace that you never really see prominently that could come with Bubo, hopefully Thursday's newsletter will tell :)

Not necessarily too big, but again, a very unique body type, unless Sideshow opted to do a hard body with limited articulation, I can't imagine any standing, humanoid characters being done soon.

jedibear said:
An exclusive for a standard Bespin Lando? How about that "communication wand" he alerts the city with during the escape to the Falcon?
Or the grappling hook on his belt he attachs to the Falcon when rescuing Luke.

I just think there should be at least one more humanoid character in this set. Now it's Jabba with half a dozen tiny pets and then Luke and Bib. Leia's on the way, but what then? We need a palace of criminals, not a menagerie of wildlife. The packs are cool, but these little critters are running the place over! :rolleyes:

I hope there are more creature packs in the future. Maybe even droid packs, and I would love to get a Tuskin Raider with a set of watch dogs, or whatever those hyaena looking animals were.

stickman said:
I hope there are more creature packs in the future. Maybe even droid packs, and I would love to get a Tuskin Raider with a set of watch dogs, or whatever those hyaena looking animals were.
They are called massif's just to let you know and that would be a good creature to include in a pack when they are released.

I probably won't be going too crazy with creature packs... they are cool. But if it weren't for the necessity of Crumb his probably would have been a pass.

I like all the critters. But I gotta agree with Aldeggon... I want some more humans to round out the collection of Jabba's denizens!

Back