Campaign for Sideshow Serenity/Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Trevor finishes the entire crew, then SSC can pursue the license. I collected Highlander, they didn't finish.
I collected Buffy, they didn't finish.
I collected Angel, they barely started.
I would rather have a complete set that I have to bash and create than half a set.

And I'm with OG here too, in that assembling the other stuff is a lot of fun. I've been more inspired to do stuff because of Trevor's work than I have in a long, long time.

Here, here, I fully understand, and it's not just SSC that doesn't complete a line. HT does it also. No Alfred or Gordon in the Batman line. No Rorschach, Nite Owl, Dr Manhattan, or Ozymandias for Watchman. They start a line, it does not make the return they feel it should and they quit. They are controlled by the bottom line, not the love of a character. They are businessmen not collectors.

Old Grandpa

After Trevor finishes the entire crew, then SSC can pursue the license. I collected Highlander, they didn't finish.
I collected Buffy, they didn't finish.
I collected Angel, they barely started.
I would rather have a complete set that I have to bash and create than half a set.

And I'm with OG here too, in that assembling the other stuff is a lot of fun. I've been more inspired to do stuff because of Trevor's work than I have in a long, long time.

I agree, I want to have the rest of Trevor's before something new comes up. Trevor is the man and there isn't another sculptor that could compare, because I am bias like that. I wonder though, if they did do a line for ff/serenity, would they ask Trevor to do it. That would be hilarious!

its all too hard for me and i feel like a tool asking others for help. i feel like i have to be 100% committed to put it together myself, and recently thats been to much to ask of myself. i have about 10 incomplete figures sitting around.

put in me in the list of people that would rather just buy a complete figure.

Don't worry about it Prog, you're not alone. It takes so much to get them all together. Finding bits and pieces is about all you can do. UNLESS you either pay someone to dress them up for you, or you can do it yourself. other than that, you're/we're on your/our own. So I definitely feel where you're coming from. I have an awesome best friend who helps me out a lot. Hopefully one day I can return the favor, besides me just being an awesome friend.
;)

Gonna bump this because it is a crime against humanity that there is no acutal licensed Malcom PF or 1/6.
Sideshow give me an F'N Mal premium format. River too. Actually I would take them all but I don't have the room so Mal and River will have to do.

Actually--considering how well Sideshow is doing with the smaller statue lines for both LOTR, Star Wars, and Buffy, I would say that would be a good line to start with Serenity--it's more likely they could do all the main characters, plus it's cheaper than PF's and the results are fantastic.

Actually--considering how well Sideshow is doing with the smaller statue lines for both LOTR, Star Wars, and Buffy, I would say that would be a good line to start with Serenity--it's more likely they could do all the main characters, plus it's cheaper than PF's and the results are fantastic.

Oh they could make whatever they want. And whatever the fans want. The more the merrier. I just want my PF.

If Tonner can make Firely figures in 16" then Sideshow could make 12" ones. I'm a little fearful of the outcome though. I have a custom Malcom head, and it looks awful. The Tonner one is horrid too. I think Nathon Fillion's beautiful mug is hard to create correctly to match his likeness. I'd love to have a correct one of any of the crew.

All this talk is making me miss the show. Man, I wish it had lasted longer... need another movie, Joss. Pronto. A new movie would definitely prompt new action figures.

I am with you on that part Old Grandpa, but I do want PF's. My tops would be Mal, Zoe, Jayne and River. They have to do awesome poses though. Their poses for the Buffy PF's were just lame! Plain and boring. But I would love to see a large size FF cast. 12", Trevor has covered. It's just putting them together that's really hard.

I'm with Christina on this :exactly:

Bought the QM Serenity pistol years ago when it first came out. That item had a very long time in production. Even bought the holster. For a prop replica it's a great piece. Looks fantastic in the holster by the way.

Old Grandpa

Since we got 1/6 I just don't feel I would be as excited for another round. But of course, to have properly tailored clothes to each characters likeness would be a bonus. PF's would just be more WOW to me. What I wouldn't give for statues. A Mal especially. But they would all look incredible.

Count me as someone who would like to see Sideshow offer PF's and/or 12" figures from Firefly. I'd purchase any/all of them, especially since I'm not on the inside with this Trevor guy - it would be nice for more of the "masses" to have access to Firefly statues/figures.

Of course, that said, I'd rather have more PF's from the Buffyverse like Giles, Cordy, Illyria, Wesley, etc. Can't believe they never offered Wesley and Illyria in the 12" figures either, that one surprises me.

Back