Captain America 4 New World Order - May 3, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Bucky literally used the shield in TFA, TWS, and CW! That plus the fact that he is both enhanced and would continue the "man out of time" trope made him such an obvious choice for a successor. Also the "Winter Soldier" is a relatively new moniker in comics and not something that really needs to be preserved unlike say "the Falcon" which has been around for more than half a century.
I was fine with it in theory. Sam was just a good guy and always followed Steve without question. Bucky had all of this tragic past and was compromised. But in the grand scheme of things, Marvel is appealing to specific groups and it gets them a lot of press. If you get new X race, Marvel is applauded thoroughly. Also, overseas dolla bills are bigger outside of the total world compared to U.S. domestic. Look at what they've done to Namor - replaced everything about him. But it might bring so much press and dollars, why not take the risk and not completely follow Aquaman?

But then you see FWS. Sam is a normal human and catches a shield coming in at superhuman speed. Doesn't make sense. He gets beat up by Batroc, who Cap handled quickly. The execution isn't there. Bucky can handle it and would be a nice underdog story from villain to Cap. Bucky Cap storyline might be the biggest Cap story from the comics of all time. Sam Cap seems like no big deal when it comes to the comics.

I was fine with it in theory. Sam was just a good guy and always followed Steve without question. Bucky had all of this tragic past and was compromised. But in the grand scheme of things, Marvel is appealing to specific groups and it gets them a lot of press. If you get new X race, Marvel is applauded thoroughly. Also, overseas dolla bills are bigger outside of the total world compared to U.S. domestic. Look at what they've done to Namor - replaced everything about him. But it might bring so much press and dollars, why not take the risk and not completely follow Aquaman?

But then you see FWS. Sam is a normal human and catches a shield coming in at superhuman speed. Doesn't make sense. He gets beat up by Batroc, who Cap handled quickly. The execution isn't there. Bucky can handle it and would be a nice underdog story from villain to Cap. Bucky Cap storyline might be the biggest Cap story from the comics of all time. Sam Cap seems like no big deal when it comes to the comics.
Well now apparently, a couple of war heroes, one with a fried brain and a POW, were insensitive. :stake
Guess the Howling Commandos weren't worth thinking about either.

Plus, there were some early hints that the vibranium arm was gonna have some surprises - I was waiting for the flamethrower😁, but nope. Except apparently it falls off if you hit the wrong switch, like a Hot Toys accessory, which IMO isn't useful in a stressful combat situation.

For me this was unfortunately just another show where non-comic/book lovers could care less about origin material or even previous films, and it showed. If this had been my first introduction to these characters, the only one I would have wanted a figure of was Zemo.:bunnydanc

FatWS was a mess.

g8eB3Ts.jpg

DcFucmQ.jpg

gSuUWwG.jpg

I was also team Bucky for Cap... Sam Wilson is just not an interesting/compelling enough character. Mackie couldn't carry the show and he won't be able to carry the film. I wish they would try and replicate some of the magic of TWS and make it more of a spy/thriller. They will need to rely heavily on Bucky and Sharon (make her good again and have it revealed she's still working with Fury) and hell, add in Fury in a sizeable role too. Plus give us an actual formidable and compelling villain.

In the MCU, as in the comics, Steve Rogers chose Sam Wilson to succeed him as Captain America. Steve saw that Sam was worthy and honorable enough to carry on his mantle.

That's good enough for me because it's in character for Steve.

I don't see why some of y'all are getting your pantaloons all in a knot.

Who’s reply makes you to believe anybody above is so worked up or something silly like that?

People are just giving valid reasons on a different direction with rational examples on what their preference would’ve been and you like it simply because the comics told you it was ok.

No need to get so defensive:dunno

Who’s reply makes you to believe anybody above is so worked up or something silly like that?

People are just giving valid reasons on a different direction with rational examples on what their preference would’ve been and you like it simply because the comics told you it was ok.

No need to get so defensive:dunno
You're reading too much into my post.

After seeing showrunner Malcolm Spellman and co. turn one of Marvel's classic assasins into an apologist and Falcon into a bore, as well as uneven writing, editing, bad cinemetography, pacing with the only characters to come out unscathed being Zemo and Walker, don't think I can sit through any more minutes of boat repair or Sam Wilson's inability to find the Navy Federal Credit Union after serving and living in DC.
I'm suspicious of the choices Feige makes at this point.

They should have just built the show around Zemo.

Sometimes I think Marvel hasn't quite figured it out yet - Find really good actors and showcase them. Daniel Bruhl is a fantastic actor. He played Niki Lauda in Rush and he was easily Oscar worthy there.

Florence Pugh could carry several movies by herself.

Kingpin, Cottonmouth, David Tennant in Jessica Jones. Make a Thor prequel movie that focuses on Odin so that you can showcase Hopkins and Russo. Mad Mikkelson was wasted in the first Dr Strange.

The mistake was making Phase 4-6 into a 2nd wave of the Infinity Saga. Just focus on good characters and good stories. No one was going to replicate the magic of IW and EG to close out that storyline.

They should have just built the show around Zemo.

Sometimes I think Marvel hasn't quite figured it out yet - Find really good actors and showcase them. Daniel Bruhl is a fantastic actor. He played Niki Lauda in Rush and he was easily Oscar worthy there.

Florence Pugh could carry several movies by herself.

Kingpin, Cottonmouth, David Tennant in Jessica Jones. Make a Thor prequel movie that focuses on Odin so that you can showcase Hopkins and Russo. Mad Mikkelson was wasted in the first Dr Strange.

The mistake was making Phase 4-6 into a 2nd wave of the Infinity Saga. Just focus on good characters and good stories. No one was going to replicate the magic of IW and EG to close out that storyline.
Agree. In this case as well, Stan and Mackie are fine actors in their own right, as well as being actual friends. A wasted natural dynamic. For the most part think the problem with Marvel are the writers and directors.
Lecturing and messaging - and politics and social issues ARE part of comics - need handling with some skill to not drag the story down. Like NatBruce in Ultron. So basically agree.
I've got no idea what major evil empire the new Cap could even be fighting. I will give TFWS credit for that - IMO it's an interesting take. What would happen if the have-nots suddenly had access to resources exactly as Thanos envisioned? But now who is Cap supposed to be fighting. People are already making jokes about Hydra, then there's the Ten Rings, etc. Lots of secret evil societies tripping over each other.

Agree. In this case as well, Stan and Mackie are fine actors in their own right, as well as being actual friends. A wasted natural dynamic. For the most part think the problem with Marvel are the writers and directors.
Lecturing and messaging - and politics and social issues ARE part of comics - need handling with some skill to not drag the story down. Like NatBruce in Ultron. So basically agree.
I've got no idea what major evil empire the new Cap could even be fighting. I will give TFWS credit for that - IMO it's an interesting take. What would happen if the have-nots suddenly had access to resources exactly as Thanos envisioned? But now who is Cap supposed to be fighting. People are already making jokes about Hydra, then there's the Ten Rings, etc. Lots of secret evil societies tripping over each other.
Dude the new movie should be about the "the Serpent Society" and it would be really cool to have some adaptation of one of the rebirth of the Red Skull in a post-Trump America, they could even adapting the Hidra Cap storyline using the US agent in the place of Steve, they have i lot of optinions for the next Cap movie using the comics as a reference.

There is the new Falcon storyline(he could be a young Avengers) and even give Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson his comic's powers or a version of it to make for the lack os super soldier serum.

The first Ten years of MCU is just the tip of the iceberg of awesome stuff from the comics.

Found a clip of the next MCU feature with Bucky. He's going up against 4 Russian time travelers.

tumblr_d5292ee1bec47958424baf5c2c202c9d_49d2676a_540.gif

He's OK in it but his character only works as a reaction to Jeremy Renner's character. I watched it again a few weeks ago, hell of a film.

Back