Carl Kolchak - Night Stalker 12" Custom Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that's REALLY aweful

Since I am an old fart and still learning all the internet lingo (sick means good, etc.) does this mean you like it since you spelled it AWE ful or is it a typo and you think it's awful? While I wont go so afr as to call it terrible, it needs a better hat, and the paintwork could use some work. But since no one is ever gonna make a real authorized version of the character, and this is a cheap custom...I think some Carl fans out there will lay out $100 for it.:peace

Since I am an old fart and still learning all the internet lingo (sick means good, etc.) does this mean you like it since you spelled it AWE ful or is it a typo and you think it's awful? While I wont go so afr as to call it terrible, it needs a better hat, and the paintwork could use some work. But since no one is ever gonna make a real authorized version of the character, and this is a cheap custom...I think some Carl fans out there will lay out $100 for it.:peace

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: I don't see him as any better or worse, frankly, than this :huh:

DSCF6407%25255B2%25255D.jpg

it's OK... But sure not 100 bucks that like a cheap hot toys (two face)and this isn't even close to that...maybe $40 to $60 at the most

Please understand everything written now is meant as a positive.
Okay on the price. again it covers shipping included to almost anywhere in the world. Considering DD are based in Thailand you are looking at twenty five bucks to the US or Europe. It is not mass produced so feel free to check out Ebay or online for the cost of bodies and such. DD figures now mainly use the Dragon Neo 3 body.
The footwear is custom made made and the clothing is hand made. Everything is handpainted. Check out the currency rates Dollar/euro/pound weak - Asian currencies strong.
Add to the fact that if it equated to man hours per figure I doubt minimum wage in Thailand would be made (about $7 US a day).
Also please don't compare to Hot Toys which is too easy. Hot Toys are aimed at Mass Market collectors Predator, Marvel, DC and have the technology behind them etc
DD are aimed at the mature collectors who always wanted these figures back in the day (60's and 70's).
Also bear in mind why the big companies don't make these figures, because of the limited appeal. The sculpt for this actually came from a major toy producer as part of a trade. They knew it would not appeal to the average Joe and it wouldn't be a big seller. So if folks like DD did not exist you would not get these figures good (for some) or bad (for others). Like it or not DD are now in their second year and getting stronger all the time.

Please understand everything written now is meant as a positive.
Okay on the price. again it covers shipping included to almost anywhere in the world. Considering DD are based in Thailand you are looking at twenty five bucks to the US or Europe. It is not mass produced so feel free to check out Ebay or online for the cost of bodies and such. DD figures now mainly use the Dragon Neo 3 body.
The footwear is custom made made and the clothing is hand made. Everything is handpainted. Check out the currency rates Dollar/euro/pound weak - Asian currencies strong.
Add to the fact that if it equated to man hours per figure I doubt minimum wage in Thailand would be made (about $7 US a day).
Also please don't compare to Hot Toys which is too easy. Hot Toys are aimed at Mass Market collectors Predator, Marvel, DC and have the technology behind them etc
DD are aimed at the mature collectors who always wanted these figures back in the day (60's and 70's).
Also bear in mind why the big companies don't make these figures, because of the limited appeal. The sculpt for this actually came from a major toy producer as part of a trade. They knew it would not appeal to the average Joe and it wouldn't be a big seller. So if folks like DD did not exist you would not get these figures good (for some) or bad (for others). Like it or not DD are now in their second year and getting stronger all the time.

I loved the show. If I had $100 to spare right now, I would buy one. If customs for Psycho: Norman in male clothes and Mother's corpse in rocking chair were ever done...I would sell blood to get them. Maybe even organs,lol. Not Hot Toys quality, and not the same price either...but considering shipping is free and no one else has (or will) do them,,,than Im glad someone did. It can always be re-painted and a different hat made/found.:peace

I loved the show. If I had $100 to spare right now, I would buy one. If customs for Psycho: Norman in male clothes and Mother's corpse in rocking chair were ever done...I would sell blood to get them. Maybe even organs,lol. Not Hot Toys quality, and not the same price either...but considering shipping is free and no one else has (or will) do them,,,than Im glad someone did. It can always be re-painted and a different hat made/found.:peace

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost: Norman Bates at this price would be sooooo bought! :monkey2

Norman Bates for $100 is very tempting...

I'd prefer the Mother look, but even Norman in street clothes would be a seller -- as long as the sculpt was there.

Norman Bates for $100 is very tempting...

I'd prefer the Mother look, but even Norman in street clothes would be a seller -- as long as the sculpt was there.

The plan would be Norman in suit with wig and dress accessories to dress as mother.

I simply cannot spell!

the outfit is pretty good and the head sculpt MAY be good - it's just difficult to tell with that nasty cheap paint job.

Back