Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The final product will be cast from artist-quality resin and metal parts, fully assembled, and weathered for display right out of the box"

I'm just imagining my display, the 1:1 Robocop bust displayed next to the PCS 1/4 Robocop EX statue (same shelf). Underneath that shelf on seperate pedastils the 1/6 Tippett Statues of ED and CAIN

:thud:

Chronicle's Facebook confirmed 2 versions of 1/6 RoboCop (paint schemes for movie 1 and 2), plus a hint at a 1/4 scale Cain (possibly just the upper body) with display screen.

Very cool! Although I'm going to stick with the Hot Toys ED-209. This one is amazing, but I'm not crazy about the pose. Cain looks fantastic but I was never a huge fan of that robot. I am very intrigued by how Robocop looks.

Very cool! Although I'm going to stick with the Hot Toys ED-209. This one is amazing, but I'm not crazy about the pose. Cain looks fantastic but I was never a huge fan of that robot. I am very intrigued by how Robocop looks.

me too, both ED and Cain had stop motion models to base the figs off of, Robo was a human with a suit on, interested to see how theirs turns out
Robo 2 is BLUE BLUE, saw the movie a few days ago, it was so blue it kind of annoyed me

me too, both ED and Cain had stop motion models to base the figs off of, Robo was a human with a suit on, interested to see how theirs turns out
Robo 2 is BLUE BLUE, saw the movie a few days ago, it was so blue it kind of annoyed me

as a collector & Robo-junkie i get a kick out seeing what scenes the 1/6 Robo puppets are used. While watching the movies with my wife next to me i say, "see that babe, that's a couple of action figures in that scene." her response, "That's great."

Example: 1/6 Tippett BD Robo puppet in R2
ROBOCOP2War2.jpg

Cain, your username is very appropriate! Do you work for Tippett? If so, or if you have the info, can you tell us more about the articulation/pose ability that comes with this figure/statue?

Thanks

Thank you my friend.
No, I wish I could but no, I'm not working for Tippet Studio. That would be so awesome.
I don't have much info regarding Cain poseability.
You can give the main arms a different angle, but the auxiliairies are fixed.
Not sure about the legs.
An articulated figure would have been awesome but way too expensive regarding of the number of complex articulations.
The statue offer stability and sturdiness at a reasonable cost.
For a figure you would need to use different materials to assure solidity. Cost prohibitive.

Cain, your username is very appropriate! Do you work for Tippett? If so, or if you have the info, can you tell us more about the articulation/pose ability that comes with this figure/statue?

Thanks

"Cain's outer arms are semi posable. Phil positioned the figures to give them the right amount of attitude."

"Cain and ED-209 were all cast in individual pieces and Cain was over 300 pieces. It would be cost prohibitive to produce these like an action figure. Phil had a vision for the poses of each figure and they have been replicated to exacting detail. You can't compare ED-209 to any other replica, this is the puppet used on screen by Phil Tippett produced by Tippett Studios."

-Chronicle

Thank you my friend.
No, I wish I could but no, I'm not working for Tippet Studio. That would be so awesome.
I don't have much info regarding Cain poseability.
You can give the main arms a different angle, but the auxiliairies are fixed.
Not sure about the legs.
An articulated figure would have been awesome but way too expensive regarding of the number of complex articulations.
The statue offer stability and sturdiness at a reasonable cost.
For a figure you would need to use different materials to assure solidity. Cost prohibitive.

"Cain's outer arms are semi posable. Phil positioned the figures to give them the right amount of attitude."

"Cain and ED-209 were all cast in individual pieces and Cain was over 300 pieces. It would be cost prohibitive to produce these like an action figure. Phil had a vision for the poses of each figure and they have been replicated to exacting detail. You can't compare ED-209 to any other replica, this is the puppet used on screen by Phil Tippett produced by Tippett Studios."

-Chronicle

thanks for the reponses guys, as much as i like it, im gonna have to pass on this one
i am a huge robo fan, and might consider a robo statue(not really liking the ed 209 version, the back front toe seems much smaller than it should be)

Amazing set of pieces and engineering....I can almost see the price since it is carefully hand built..or appears to be!

Awesome but why mold every Tiny parts and not make it articulated... :(
To make a perfect master with extremely sharp details.
It wasn't possible to make a mold directly from the actual stop motion puppet.
Now we have a crisp master prototype, loaded with every details whatever the angle you watch it.

Damn that is nice.

But with that price, I guess I'm waiting for Hot Toys. :(

Well I remembered a few years ago, Tippett studio contacted HT to offer them their expertise to build a Cain and ED-209 studio accurate figures.
Those idiots don't even deny answering to the offer.
Well, maybe in a near futur HT will make them, base upon those statues, but giving the sheer complexity of the task, don't expect it to come cheap.

I was waiting for a truly accurate Cain for 25 years, I don't know if I'm a die hard Cain (I like to think I am) but there is no way I'm gonna miss this.
It is certainly a lot of money but with the payment plan, it should be ok.
I hope most of the fans can get it, these are historical masterpieces.

I hope most of the fans can get it, these are historical masterpieces.

Yes, they are.

Do you guys this these pieces will eventually sell out? ES of 1000 is a BIG edition for a $1300+ piece. I do think it will eventually sell out, but it's going to take a while, maybe years.

I'm going to take my time and obsess until i can't take it anymore and then place my order. I assume this will be arond the time when people start posting their in-hand pics.

is hot toys ever going to make Cain? feels like 3yrs have passed.

Back