Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Database Website interest?

Seperating the two would be good. I don't recall very many posters being LE...I suppose there are a few, I just don't remember any of them. :D

There are a lot of prints that are limited for sure, all of the Alamo stuff comes to mind. But the more I think about it, I think it might get a little over complex to try and merge the two data sets. I can live with them being two separate data sets and them contain in different stashes.

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now. Cool to see all the progress. I'd definitely be interested in something like this. Beats my Excel spreadsheet for my collectibles.:lol

Great job! :clap

There are ton of limited edition numbered prints and litho's that could be incorporated into this product. That would be nice. I think it should be secondary :D

Do any Hot Toys figures have definitive edition sizes? I have never seen them release official numbers but they are obviously limited.

Do any Hot Toys figures have definitive edition sizes? I have never seen them release official numbers but they are obviously limited.

They do but usually whenever one is released is whenever they actually state that, I'm not sure where to find where they are documented though.

They do but usually whenever one is released is whenever they actually state that, I'm not sure where to find where they are documented though.

Yea that is my problem. I have seen some info here and there but nothing documented on their site or what not. Oh well not a big deal.

Need to see if I am making sense.

Ok so right now if a collectible is missing you go in and add it, filling out a bunch of information and uploading a picture, yadda yadda.

If the collectible you are adding is a variant, which would be any type of variant or an exclusive you go through a slightly different process. You select the collectible it is a variant of then fill out slightly other information.

The part I am contemplating what to do is collecting the data about what makes this collectible an exclusive or a variant.

Currently I am thinking you would add a series of "accessories" that detail why this collectible is different. Such as a print, or a switch-out part or a different paint job. I foresee that being a drop down, then after you select an accessory depending on what type it is you might fill out more information.

For example, if you selected "switch-out" then you might be given another drop-down where you can select hand, head, etc.
From there, you might get a third input field for a description but that might get complicated fast.

You would be able to add multiple "accessories" per variant.

If possible I really want to categorize exclusives because I could see that being useful for searching on later and that way the data is more organized but it might get complex trying to cover every situation.

I bring this up now because this type of behavior and functionality is going to play into the whole storing of customs and bashes.

Does that make sense and/or does anyone have thoughts on the topic. Does it seem too complicated or would it be worth it?

Seems right SS. Not sure there is any other way to handle it.

Yea you may be right. It might be slightly complicated from behind the scenes but oh well.

I am thinking a high level list of "attributes" (not sure I like that name yet) like paint, accessory, environment, print, etc, etc. Then each attribute could have a sub level of attributes such as a accessory might be hands, or sculpt or weapon. Then each attribute can always have a description.

How about just a text field for the exclusive?

Well that would be the simplest route and maybe that is the answer in the end. That would not give me the ability in the future to do searches against different types of exclusives or variants though. Like if I want to find all variants or exclusives that included a print.

But even if I didn't do my current proposed functionality I will need to do something similar for when creating bashes and customs I am thinking. I might prototype it out and included it in an early beta and see what people think.

I don't know if I said earlier, but I would like to be included in your testing. :wave

FINISH THIS THING ALREADY!!! :gah:

Mwuahaha. It will never be finished, I keep coming up with things to do. I just need to get to a point where the current functionality is good enough for Beta then I will just add features as we go. It is getting there!

Back