Commander Praji - Sideshow Exclusive 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at RS for a long time, but only went into the 1/6 forum. There about 10 people actually participating in the discussion towards the end of the Hasbro days. It generally consisted of us telling each other what we found on clearance that can be used for customizing. Then Hasbro quit and I think there were three of us left, then SS got the deal and all hell broke loose. The anger was so contagious it was hard to be civil. I had a few go a-rounds with Josh over there, who was rather aggressively defending Sideshow. My intention was to get him to stop taking the bait, but in retrospect I probably let the mood get the better of me and came off more jerky than I intended. Anyway, these days its too kid friendly to be an adult collecting forum for my tastes although I pop in once in awhile.
I like it here better since Dave is just as chock full of sarcasm and cynicism as the rest of us.
Except for Captain Faramir that is.

Nut swinger....Wow that's very creative.:lol

No, creative is someone actually made a ********** emoticon.

nswing.gif

I am just sad I was at work not able to view the internet so I missed this preorder. Can't believe 3000 could sell out so fast. I am happy to waitlist
and hope someones CC craps out.

I am just sad I was at work not able to view the internet so I missed this preorder. Can't believe 3000 could sell out so fast. I am happy to waitlist
and hope someones CC craps out.

I don't think you will have a problem getting one.

I was at RS for a long time, but only went into the 1/6 forum. There about 10 people actually participating in the discussion towards the end of the Hasbro days. It generally consisted of us telling each other what we found on clearance that can be used for customizing. Then Hasbro quit and I think there were three of us left, then SS got the deal and all hell broke loose. The anger was so contagious it was hard to be civil. I had a few go a-rounds with Josh over there, who was rather aggressively defending Sideshow. My intention was to get him to stop taking the bait, but in retrospect I probably let the mood get the better of me and came off more jerky than I intended. Anyway, these days its too kid friendly to be an adult collecting forum for my tastes although I pop in once in awhile.
I like it here better since Dave is just as chock full of sarcasm and cynicism as the rest of us.
Except for Captain Faramir that is.

Crap happens. No harm. No Foul.

Hey all! have any of you been able to get the backstage pass video to come up? I have clicked on it a few times and it just loads up to the backstage screen and never pulls the video up.

I ordered Praji. I like the figure. However, I had no idea it would sell out by now. Figured this one would be around a while. I do expect anyone getting on the wait list won't have any trouble getting their order fulfilled. One nice thing about these 'minor' characters is that, while there's a slew of disappointed people that it's not Vader (because, after all, there are so FEW Vader figures out there :monkey3 ), there's not nearly as much criticism about the size of his hat or the cut of his trousers... although there does seem to be some great concern that he doesn't look like the actor. I'll repeat my comment from earlier, I'm actually quite pleased about that part! :monkey1

One thing I like, but haven't seen it really mentioned, is that he comes with BOTH cloth and plastic hats. That is great for those who have different tastes. The plastic will look great because it is correctly sculpted, but the cloth will look great because it is cloth like the real hat. Everyone wins there!

I wonder if he has hat hair because of the plastic hat?

One thing I like, but haven't seen it really mentioned, is that he comes with BOTH cloth and plastic hats. That is great for those who have different tastes. The plastic will look great because it is correctly sculpted, but the cloth will look great because it is cloth like the real hat. Everyone wins there!

I wonder if he has hat hair because of the plastic hat?
This also gives us an extra hat for Bubo! Bubo want to serve Empire, too!

You know, this whole mess has me realizing, a vast majority of Star Wars collectors seem to have a view of expectation from a company with regards to offering and quality and such, and if expectation isn't met it becomes like a horrific tragedy. Over the past few months, I've been fairly involved in the ALIENS, Terminator, and Batman threads, and in those areas, I find people are more laid back, waiting to see what comes next, and just taking each piece all in stride; there are pieces people want to see, like an ALIENS Queen, but in the mean time they're having the time of their lives with the figures that have been made. It seems weird that collectors of properties with smaller collecting bases and less products find more content than is seen over a property that has an unimaginable ammount of products dedicated to it going back 30 years.

That's the problem, there has always been SW product - you only appreciate something if you've always wanted it and it's never been available - like Batman or Aliens - we're just grateful that ANYTHING Batman or Aliens is being made after 20 years of wanting. But SW has always had something and if each and every product isn't a leap beyond what else is out there the collectors get a bit...frenzied.

Back