Custom Han Solo from "A New Hope"/NEW PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom011

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Finally finished this guy! I did the paint up on the head sculpt, and I'm very happy with how he turned out. I won't be getting Hot Toys latest offering of Capt. Solo, since I think the likeness is better on this figure than what they've shown so far. As for the parts breakdown:

Warriors Gate head sculpt ( with my paint work)
Hot Toys body
Sideshow uniform and equipment
In The Past Toys boots

Been waiting to get a figure of this character with a good likeness for a loooooooooooong time...

B]EDIT[/B]Okay, so the pics directly below are on the NEW body from DAM toys. It's a really nicely engineered piece, with better elbow articulation for more interesting posing, a better sized neck for the head, a good color match, and it has that slightly lanky quality that Solo had in the first film. Overall, a really nice body for a variety of characters. Oh, and I modified the Sideshow gloved hands. NOW, this is the Solo I've been waiting to add to my collection. :)

The pics below are on the original Hot Toys body.

Last edited:
Re: Custom Han Solo from "A New Hope"

Wow, superb job all around. That sculpt and the paint work are awesome.

That looks really good... but if I could make a suggestion, try him out on a smaller body. The head looks a bit small on that neck, the Soldier Story is a really nice fixed-neck body and might be a better match.

Other than that it's excellent work and the best I've seen that sculpt painted.

Nice paintwork!

I agree with galacticboy and you should try another body. I used the DAM toys with sculpted neck for my custom Han.

Thanks for the comments, all! And yeah, I'd like to find a body with comparable articulation and better neck fit that matches the color of the head. Is the DAM toys body the way to go, you think?

That's Harrison Ford/Han Solo from A New Hope. You nailed it.

Looks great! Very nice paintwork. As for the body, most of the DAM bodies are pretty bulky/stocky, so I'm not sure that would work for Solo.

Wow that sculpt blows the Hot Toys Harrison Bord out of the water. :clap

Great sculpt and awesome paint job, really nailed the character. WGP sculpts are top notch, unfortunately they do tend to run on the small side, just like the Indiana Jones they offered.

Thanks again, guys! Natedog, that's EXACTLY the DAM toys body I just ordered off ebay. :) Looks like it works pretty good on your figure. As for the hands, I have the yellow gloved ones from Sideshow, and I'll by adapting those, I think. thanks for the input and the pics!! :)

Hey generalgrevious, that's exactly how the sculpt looked when I bought it. I didn't do any extra sculpting on it; the only thing I did do, was hollow out the interior so I could install a flexible socket for the neck post on the body.

Back